2010 - The Monday Wrap Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Monday Wrap (Round 5)

Love the quotes GotTheGoodes, I feel very special. :p
Hahaha, well yeah........... And I'm too lazy to type it out when you've already said it for me. :D

You must have basically the same team as me by the sounds of it... Bench mistakes and all!! :p

PHOOTEE

Rookie
Aug 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Boston Celtics

Score: 2,370

Overall ranking: 74,523 (my first 2 rounds were absolutely abysmal)

Heroes: Ceski, Ablett, Barlow

Villains: Rockliff, NicNat, Enright, Ziebell

League Status: 1st

Injury concerns: Brown?

Trades: Already pulled the trigger this week

Vent: Ziebell better enjoy his last week in my team

Kudos: Waters, Maguire, Martin, the rest of my FWD line

Thoughts: This is my best round score so far, very pleased with that. Can't wait for next week

Sep 1, 2008
Out West
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
MUFC

Score: 2,217

Overall ranking: 13,403

Heroes: Hodge, Waters, Kennelly, GAJ, Barlow, Martin, Chapman, ROK, Pavlich, Harvey, Hall

Villains: Enright, Shaw, Silvagni, NDS, Seaby, Hille

League Status: Lost BF Div 11, Lost BF Essendon Div 2, won easy private league

Injury concerns: Shuey

Trades: Not sure yet. $242,900 in the bank, but might wait another week to use that. Could downgrade Hunt to Davis or maybe upgrade Ziebell or Ball. Would like to get Cox, probably trading out Seaby but i only just traded Seaby in so not convinced on that one.

Vent: Me for picking a pretty poor initial team, no Goddard, Sandi, Brown, Malceski... :eek::mad:

Kudos: Barlow and Martin :D

Thoughts: Have to think a bit more about what my moves for this week will be. Fairly happy to be climbing up the rankings after plummeting to 50,000th after round 2.

thomas_m18

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
Melbourne, Aus
AFL Club
St Kilda

Vent: Ziebell better enjoy his last week in my team

What's with the Ziebell hate? Made 11 thousand this week, got 79 (which is well above his last year average) and his breakeven is 54. Add to that a match against Melbourne next week. Melbourne are in smoking hot form (by their standards), but I still wouldn't put losing past them. Should make 54+ fairly easily (by half time hopefully), and then some.

I don't know what much else you could be asking for, but your choice.

Aug 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide

What's with the Ziebell hate? Made 11 thousand this week, got 79 (which is well above his last year average) and his breakeven is 54. Add to that a match against Melbourne next week. Melbourne are in smoking hot form (by their standards), but I still wouldn't put losing past them. Should make 54+ fairly easily (by half time hopefully), and then some.

I don't know what much else you could be asking for, but your choice.

I agree. I have Ziebell and I find myself focussing my frustrations on him then I remember what I paid for him and realise that 79 is pretty good value. It's not at the level of my optimistic pre-season expectations but I am getting the points that I should for what I paid.

So, he stays in my team for now.

FBDonkey

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
The Monday Wrap (Round 6)

This is the place to tell the world how you went in SC on the weekend. It was a crazy round with Ablett and Martin both missing from most teams.

I scored 2066 even though i had a donut, Seaby, Jetta and Hall. i will update fully after results are out

Score:

Overall ranking:

Heroes:

Villains:

League Status:

Injury concerns:

Trades:

Vent:

Kudos:

Thoughts:

May 22, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Re: The Monday Wrap (round 6)

Score: 2,202
Overall ranking: TBA
Heroes: Banfield
Villains: Goodwin, Harvey, Goodes
League Status:TBA
Injury concerns:N/A
Trades: Jetta to Montagne/Swan/Pendlebury/Hayes
Vent: Refer to Villains
Kudos: Banfield
Thoughts: This was the week that Ablett was 'rested', which I really need to make my move, but didn't........oh well

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Score: 1843 :eek: (3 donuts)
Overall ranking: NFI, don't want to know :(
Heroes: Ball (finally), Barlow, Sandi, Brown, Gia, Hodge, Malceski
Villains: Hall, Medhurst, Waters
League Status:1 Win, 2 Loses
Injury concerns: Ablett, Martin, Mitchell, Shuey, maybe P. Davis
Trades: $500k to spend so lots of options, may bring in Fyfe if he's named again
Vent: Stupid f**ken injuries
Kudos: See Heroes
Thoughts: The only way is up, i see some new premium recruits in my near future

Patrick Star

Draftee
Apr 9, 2010
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Essendon

Score: 1,956
Heroes: Brown, Pavlich, Malceski
Villains: Goodwin, Brennan, JKT
League Status:TBA
Injury concerns:N/A
Trades: Dangerfield to Fyfe /Martin to Montagne
Vent: Brennan
Kudos: Brown
Thoughts: It's time to upgrade

obscura

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

Score: 2,233
Overall Ranking: 1,230
Heroes: Malceski, Hodge, Barlow, Chappy, Franklin, Gilbee, Ball
Villians: Hall, Medhurst, Warren, Waters
League status: 3 wins, 0 losses
Injury Concerns: Ablett, Martin, Mitchell, Shuey
Trades: Possibly an upgrade of trengove to someone like hayes
Vent: Ugh ablett, if you were there it was 2400+
Kudos: Ball for turning it around
Thoughts: Pushing into the top 1000, the meteoric rise of the Disposable Heroes!

Chadley

All Australian
Aug 5, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Score: 2,061
Heroes: Brown, Pavlich, Selwood
Villains: Goodwin, Hall, Ziebell , TIPPET YOU ****
League Status: 3-0 , 3-0 , 0-3
Injury concerns: Ablett ?
Trades: doNo yet got 300k in kitty
Vent: TIPPET YOU **** , Goodwin
Kudos: Selwood
Thoughts: Upgrade time soony mcsoon

retroparty

Premiership Player
Mar 5, 2007
Bed
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Kings 11

Score: 2187

Overall Ranking: 652

Heroes: Chappy, Hille, Dal Santo

Villains: Sylvia, Vince, Higgins

League: 1-2. League average is less than 2000 points a game yet somehow I've lost two in a row!

Injuries: Ablett, Martin

Trades: Desperately need a Carlton midfielder. Might hold out till next week though.

Vent: Bernie Vince, seriously pushing the don't trade premiums policy to the limit

Kudos: David Hille and captain Chappy for putting in an extra special performance

Thoughts: My scores are fairly consistent but my players aren't. Midfield needs tinkering.

Hot Tiges

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond

Score: 2,119
Overall ranking: 858
Heroes: Brown, Pav, Hodge, Malceski, Sandi, Barlow, Pendles, Selwood, Podsa
Villains: Goodes, Masten, Hall, Bastinac, Waters, Higgins
League Status: Won all 3
Injury concerns: Masten
Trades: 14 left and Masten on the way out finally.. shame he had to drop 25k
Vent: Adam McPhee for injurying Masten after Masten was flying.
Kudos: Usual suspects
Thoughts: Probably have to do a double trade to offload Masten but not sure if I should do it now and get Fyfe in for Gumbleton and Masten to 532k or less or just wait to a Roberton plays 2 games and Nason 1 more game with a BE of 34. At least Masten can't drop anymore in price. Not convinced on Cunnington yet. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy although I could of waited on Goodes in hindsight. 3 league win and haven't lost a match yet.

Jair

Debutant
Feb 22, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood

Score: 2198 (13,537)

Overall ranking:
602 (13th in Tassie:D)

Heroes:
Buddy, Selwood, Chappy, Malceski, Barlow

Villains:
Gablett

League Status:
King of the Castle:thumbsu:

Injury concerns:
Shuey

Trades:
Brought in Selwood for Ball this wk:rolleyes:

Vent:
Had to have a good game now, didn't you Ball!? Went with Selwood as cpt not Chappy who has been vc to Ablett all year

Kudos:
Barlow, Malceski

Thoughts:
Moved up 200 spots overall this wk, so i'm very happy. A special shout-out to Paul and Carlos this wk; better luck next time guys;)

Score: 2060

Overall ranking:
Dropped 1.3k places, thought it'd be a low scoring round but alas not.

Heroes:
Fremantle (Barlow, Pavlich, Sandilands), Brown and Franklin

Villains:
Bomber Thompson, Vince (again), Joel MacDonald (again), Hall (again), Medhurst (again)

League Status:
0-3 this week, after two 3-0s.

Injury concerns:
Shuey, Martin, Ablett.

Trades:
Looking at getting in Malceski for Hunt, and maybe Higgins for Hall.

Vent:
Malceski and Chapman kill me again, along with the usual suspects in the villains.
Thoughts: Painful week this week. Really need to check out break-evens to see who I can get rid of for some real scorers. Too many that I hoped would average 100s are averaging 70s.

Millington Magic

Club Legend
May 27, 2009
Some place
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Chicago Bears

Score: 2132
Overall ranking: 9,143
Heroes: Gilbee, Pavlich, Sandilands, Barlow, Hodge, Franklin, Murphy, Hille, Enright, Brown.
Villains: Didak, Goodes, Davis, Trengove, Bastinac, Hall, Cooney
League Status:Undefeated in both.
Injury concerns: Ablett, Martin, P.Davis?
Trades: Not planning on this week.
Vent: See Villains.
Kudos: Captain Pav, super second half. Was a bit worried at half time, but he delivered a huge second half.
Thoughts: Must find a way to get Chapman in.

Moonwalker

Senior List
Feb 11, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton

Score: 2,266
Overall Ranking: 11,611 (22,034 last week)
Heroes: Forward line = 853 (average of 121.86!)
Villians: Seaby, JKT
League status: 1 win, 2 losses
Injury Concerns: Seaby?
Trades: Possibly a downgrade of Peterson to get Cox from Seaby (113k in the bank already)
Vent: JKT, Seaby prevented what would have been an EASY first 2300.
Kudos: Hille plus forward line (Gray, Chapman and Brown in particular).
Thoughts: Pushing my way back into the top 10,000 after 2069 and 1986 the past two weeks, finishing top 1000 by R22 still in reach.

Shibada123

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon

Score:2167
Overall ranking: 12K
Heroes:
Gray, Selwood, Brown, Pods
Villains:
H Shaw, Kennely Why didn't I pick Mel :thumbsdown:
League Status:
3-0
Injury concerns: Ablett, Shuey, Dangerfield
Trades:
Not sure probably none after a few drunkin trades last week.
Vent:

Kudos:
Gray :DPods
Thoughts: Scored 150 more then last week with abletts 0 :confused:

Sep 12, 2004
Vic
AFL Club
Essendon

Score: 2324 (13266)

Overall ranking: 2957!! (Climbed almost 5k places this week)

Heroes: Chappy(c), almost everyone else

Villains: Brent Harvey (having to play trengove and scully wasn't great)

League Status: Undefeated.

Injury concerns: None if Ablett's back. Had Rohan on the bench since the start (Not injured but not picked)

Trades: None this week. Did Jetta > Judd last week. 13 left ><.

Vent: Harvey. Could have broken 2400 for the first time (first year of SC) if he had a good one.

Kudos: Chappy(c), Getting Pods instead of Rockliff, my forward line (996 points this week)

Thoughts: Going much better than I'd ever thought. First year for SC (did DT last year), did the team in around 30 minutes before the first Thursday lockout.
Few bad choices to start off with (Waite and Prismall, tho Prissa went well last game, traded him out a while ago for Harvey)

Mar 27, 2010
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

Score: 2030

Overall ranking: 11,000 approx

Heroes: JBrown, Gia, Steve Johnson all made me smile. :D

Villains: KLT & Hall brought me down huge :mad:

League Status: 3rd, 3rd, 8th

Injury concerns: Ablett, Martin

Trades: I'll probably wait a week or two. I have Mitch Robinson on the bench ready to upgrade. Just need to allow a cow to increase in price somewhat. Martin, I'm looking at you.

Vent: Medhurst. I don't know what to do with him. :confused::confused:

Kudos: Here's hoping Judd scores some smashing scores. I'm hoping his price jumps out of peoples reach.

Thoughts: I haven't had that big round yet. I'm hoping next week will be it.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!

Score: 2304 :D:thumbsu:

Overall ranking:
1088. Look out top 500 I'm coming for YOU!

Heroes:
Captain Chappy, Hodge, Malsexi, Enright, Montagna, Super Barlow, Swan, Sandilands, Pavlich, Hille (Yes, had to double check, its no typo), Browndog, JPod and my new recruit in Duddy. :D:thumbsu:

Villains:
Ablett for not playing, H.Shaw for sucking 2 weeks in a row when I bought him, Waters, Martin for not playing (you and Ablett gave me my first donut), Trengrove, Ziebell. Oh and JKT for spudding it up with 14 SC points when I downgrade Bastinac for him so I could go Dangerfield > Franklin. JKT F*cking p1ssweak useless effort mate, you aren't even good enough to replace Nathan Ablett let alone Gazza Ablett in my team. :eek:

League Status:
1st and 3rd in Bigfooty Div1 :thumbsu:

Injury concerns:
Shuey who hopefully is back next week, ditto Ablett and Martin. Team is in good shape apart from that. ;)

Trades:
Hille > Cox most likely with a single trade used and $158,600 in the kitty. Will then have Sandilands and Cox ruck combo. :D

Vent:
JKT filling in for Gazza. What a sh1thouse performance with 14 SC points. May as well have scored 0 and gave me a virtual donut to go with my Ablett one you spud! Ziebell for not doing that great. Would love to upgrade him but not convinced about many forwards as I have most of the good ones. The rest are very inconsistent apart from Pav, ROK, j.Brown, Chappy and JPod. :p

Kudos:
JPod. Recruit of the year for my forward line. Down graded Hall to Pods just before Pods price went up from $83,000. Gave me cash to upgrade Ladson to H.Shaw and to have cash left over to go Hille > Cox this week. What a masterstroke, Judd_Magic you are a genius! ROFL!

Chappy for being a superstar and getting me 330 SC points while Ablett was not playing. I love you Chappy, dodgy paper thin hamstrings and all. Didn't even really notice Ablett was missing with my score, dounut and JKT playing like a freaking muppet moron. ROFL!

Thoughts: I am back in town with my overall ranking which went up an over 1000 places to 1088. Finally got top spot off my douchebag mate in my main league who had 2 dounuts and Harvey spud it up for him. LOL!

Will go Hille > Cox in my trades and then shut up shop for a while. Future upgrade will be to upgrade Trengrove and Martin to premiums once they max out in price. :thumbsu:

Feb 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Boston Celtics

Score: 2211

Overall ranking: 2142 (up 1215 from last week)

Heroes: Hodge, Goddard, Malceski, Enright, Barlow, Selwood, Pendles, Sandi, Cox, Chappy, Brown, ROK, Pav, Pods

Villains: Goodwin, Waters, Medders, Ziebell, JKT (I don't like naming 1st year players but he was downright disgusting)

League Status: 6th on 2-1, 1st on 3-0 and 8th 2-1 in BF league. Overall points 1st, 1st and 3rd BF league

Injury concerns: Gaz, Martin and Shuey forced a 0. Went Seaby>Cox last week so that saved me naming him here also

Trades: None this week. Definately 1, possibly 2 next week depending on B/E's. Last weeks Seaby>Cox was a stroke of genius.

Vent: Ablett pulling out forced my first 0. JKT let me down big time. And Goodwin is still pumping out 60's which is shitting me.

Kudos: All the heroes

Thoughts: Placed for an assault on the top 1000 within a couple of weeks

Mar 26, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
denver broncos, detroit redwings

Score: 2243

Overall ranking: 593 (from 1121)

Heroes: captain chappy, watson, stanton, barlow, hodge, enright, pods, sandi, brown, malceski

Villains: higgins, seaby (wouldn't really call a villain just unlucky), sylvia, brennan, shaw, waters

League Status: 1st, 1st, 2nd

Injury concerns: seaby, ablett

Trades: seaby, depends on bench downgrade options

Vent: I'm like poison to whoever i upgrade to. warning, stay off cox, i'm looking to grab him this week.

Kudos: chappy, watson, stanton, swan (finaly putting some decent points on the board) and st.kilda, for holding barry hall to 30, he was in all my opponents teams.

Thoughts:
having a pretty decent year ATM, lowest score for the year is 2168, teams worth $11,976,900, but would love to string a couple of good weeks in a row together. rankings from R 1-6. 725, 1191, 1530, 551, 1121, 593. if i could just have another good one, i could look towards the top 100 (only 200 points away).

Bombersfan81

Debutant
Apr 7, 2009
South Australia
AFL Club
Essendon

Score: 2177 (13103) including a grand total of 17:eek: from JKT & Seaby:mad:

Overall ranking:

Heroes:
Chappy, Pods, JB, Pav, Selwood, Barlow, Ball (FINALLY!!), Hodge, malsexi & enright, Hille (almost got the ton)

Villains:
Judd for a shithouse captains score in his first game for me, JKT & seaby as mentioned above, GOODWIN u @!#%, pull ur finger out u old........, Baz (should have put u on the bench for murphy, or even gumby for @!#%'s sakes)

League Status:
2nd on % from the other undefeated guy

Injury concerns:
Gaz?? Seaby.... Ballantyne???

Trades:
either baz or goodwin will be shipped out for some1, & spud seaby:mad: (watch out for my worst trades of the season entry to follow......) will be upgraded to either sandi or cox,

Vent:
SEABY, u are a useless hack & I can't believe I got sucked into trading u in, Goodwin start scoring like the premium u r, & bazz, get a bit consistent! at least my rucks have been consistent all season, pumping out 100 between them :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: week in week out, shouldn't have stuffed with my team the last day moving sandi out for clark to save a lil $$ arrrggghhh

Kudos:
Chris Schmidt & JPOD, can any1 say MOOOOOOOOO?:D, chappy, selwood & ball for finally pulling in a decent score each

Thoughts:
just have to upgrade my tissue paper ruck division, even though I'm rapidly running out of trades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back