Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2003
?
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stephen Hill
is he carrying an injury? He must be.

I can't remember a period where he has been off the boil for so long. It's not that he's playing badly, but he looks like he's labouring a bit

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
is he carrying an injury? He must be.

I can't remember a period where he has been off the boil for so long. It's not that he's playing badly, but he looks like he's labouring a bit

Yes he is...he was s**t.

Falling over, hardly puts in a hard contest any more. Is not chasing hard enough

Mundy frustrated the hell out of me too.

Got first hands to the ball on numerous occasions only to fluff it.

westy1

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2006
denmark
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
east freo
bit harsh on mundy there lach he was okay
i was thinking the same about pav
hopefully its not the dreaded osteitis pubis

mickyp

Senior List
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
yeah like i said in the other thread the problem with pav is where to play him.
If we play him up forward he needs to be surrounded by others because as soon as it hits the deck the ball goes the other way. But play him in the midfield and he just looks like another midfielder running around.

Freeeoo

Club Legend
May 7, 2006
SOR
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Gooners
I asked myself this question just before the start of the game last week.
I was watching him practice shots at goal before the game and they were all spraying out to the right. Sure enough his first shot at goal against Port went out to the right again.
I'm now convinced, after today that he is carrying something.

Scootyb

Club Legend
Apr 21, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
3 goals and 20 odd touches is a brilliant game for anyone else, but i got frustrated with Pav tonight cos we all know he can play much better.

I will regret this. Caught a flight down expected to see at least a competitive effort, not the s*it that was just delivered. Very disappointing.

Back on topic: Pavlich was bog ordinary. Did not stop fumbling, does not work anywhere hard enough, rarely put his body on the line and his defensive pressure is well non existant. Absolute front runner. Twice he ignored an open Ruffles and kicked to a two on one.

I know he wasn't the only one, but I expect so much more from him. He's meant to be our 'superstar'.

On a positive note: Hill is a star. No one works harder than him; bar possibly Mundy.

TroyUgle

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Eagles
not the first time ive heard this mentioned. Hes been off form for a couple of weeks now.

Was at the game tonight. Pav looks ginger but I don't think it's groin related. Glass, who has been out to pasture, had a bad groin and he looked like he was walking on egg shells between contests.

My guess with Pav is that it's maybe a bit of knee tendinitis? Looked to be favouring his right knee in between contests, and he covers a LOT of ground for such a big unit...

Hey Shiny_on_Top - if you're that unhappy with him we'll take him:rolleyes:

shamus

Draftee
Jun 17, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Did fumble a lot, I still like how he takes the game on when he gets the ball and still commanded a lot of respect from the Richmond opposition. Just needed a couple of other dockers to step up from a servicable contribution. Missing Barlow creates a real whole in the dockers structures, hopefully it can be resolved soon.

Sman-21

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
When did Pav an the team look to be playing there best?
IMO early in year when Pav was playing about 85% forwardline an 15% midfield

Since about round 7 or so hes been playing more midfield than forward line.
There is the reason hes not looking as dominant an playing so well.
Wasting far too much time an effort running through midfield, when he finally goes forward hes too stuffed to make leads.

Pav was showing early in year the form that made us believe for years he is a better CHF than Brown an Criewoldt an had commentators starting to say the same thing.
He then had a game where when he went into midfield he kicked ass an since then they have been using him in midfield far too much.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
I will regret this. Caught a flight down expected to see at least a competitive effort, not the s*it that was just delivered.

We were a big chance to win the game until about 2 minutes to go.

What exactly is your definition of a 'competitive effort'? A 10 goal win?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 5, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Juve, Claremont, GSW
fact is, we played horrible with a depleted defence and other injuries....and we nearly (and probably should've) won.

not trying to use excuses but we could be in a much more poor position than we are now, dockers of old would've just let them get goal after goal, the players were stuffed, our backline was mediocre....lets reserve judgement with a few players in.

by the way i am massively annoyed but id rather be optimistic than be pessimistic at a time like this.

Pav's been average for a month though, no question.

IAMJUNGLEMUFFIN

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
There has always been games where he has little impact, often alot of them. People just forget them when he has his purple patches.

This is nothing new.

maybethisyear

Debutant
Mar 25, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Whilst he has been below his best for the last month he still exerted a big influence on games. Was hard at the clearences and still did some busting runs.
Last night was different went to ground often and easy.
Look at the contest against newman in the last quarter.
Both went to ground ball spilled free.
Next vision is Newman at the contest making it a 2 against one.
Pav was not to be seen.

Cannot believe this is the same player we were looking at doing the coleman / brownlow double early in the year.

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
When did Pav an the team look to be playing there best?
IMO early in year when Pav was playing about 85% forwardline an 15% midfield

Since about round 7 or so hes been playing more midfield than forward line.
There is the reason hes not looking as dominant an playing so well.
Wasting far too much time an effort running through midfield, when he finally goes forward hes too stuffed to make leads.

Pav was showing early in year the form that made us believe for years he is a better CHF than Brown an Criewoldt an had commentators starting to say the same thing.
He then had a game where when he went into midfield he kicked ass an since then they have been using him in midfield far too much.

^^ this ^^

Harvey should leave our 'midfielders' to do the job 80% of the time and let Pav impose himself if he feels the need.

Needs to stay forward and deep.

paul8241

Cancelled
Sep 1, 2007
Safety Bay
AFL Club
Fremantle
^^ this ^^

Harvey should leave our 'midfielders' to do the job 80% of the time and let Pav impose himself if he feels the need.

Needs to stay forward and deep.

Also needs to throw some weight around. He's a big unit, would like to see if he can bring out the angry face.

ballanFYNE

Cancelled
May 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
bushrangers, NYG, ducks
I am no doctor but by going by his set shots he lacks penetration (recently, since round 11 or 12) and i think it may be a groing injury, but as i said i know nothing about that.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
yeah like i said in the other thread the problem with pav is where to play him.
If we play him up forward he needs to be surrounded by others because as soon as it hits the deck the ball goes the other way. But play him in the midfield and he just looks like another midfielder running around.

This is my only frustration with Pav and an ongoing weakness of his, which is the second efforts. I think through the midfield he has good second efforts but in the forward line he is often going up against 2 others and if the ball hits the deck it is whipped up the other end without difficulty. I think Ballers off the boil last night and Mayne out had was point in question.

I agree with Mickyup, we need the likes of Ballers, Mayne, Fyfe, Hedland & Ruffles (form permitting) to hang close with Pav because he does make a good contest but after that Pav is gone and needs support.

freo_tammy

Draftee
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle Bulldogs
There has always been games where he has little impact, often alot of them. People just forget them when he has his purple patches.

This is nothing new.

That's a bit harsh on Pav, for somebody who is always double-teamed. He does seem to be carrying some type of injury, and I'm sure we all notice that he seems to lift against the better teams, rather than against the ones we're expected to beat.
Our forward line was totally dysfuntional last night. We had poor delivery into the forward line, and when it was kicked to a pack, hero-head Frodo and Creepy all went up for the mark, rather than staying down front and centre, or at the back of the pack. We are really missing Mayne around the packs, and we definitely missed Avatar and Barlow's delivery into the forward line.
I'm really worried:mad:

DockerA

Team Captain
Mar 29, 2009
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Pav was poor last night - yet still ended up with 20+ touches and 3 goals, had we won not much would have been said about him.

Pav played a poor game, well for his lofty standards, early in the year (against Essendon) and was criticised similarily to what he is now, he came out and kicked 19 goals in the next 4 weeks and had a purple patch.

Lets hope he stands up over the next few weeks - if i was a betting man i'd have my money on him doing so

Spoken4

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle & Peel Thunder
Pav always get ups for the big games, and he will again. He seems OK from what I have seen of him. I expect him to tear the Bulldogs game apart in round 18, cause if he doesn't, we will come up short.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back