News Player movements

Remove this Banner Ad

A tough call on both players, but we cant afford to have list cloggers on our list. Lets hope both are put on the rookie list, and are given a year or two to get there bodies correct and play some good footy.

Would hope that Ruffles is rookie listed and comes good next year. Any danger another club will take him in the rookie draft, as I think they get a chance now that we have delisted him?

Both Buco and Ruffles very unlucky. Would hate to be seen as a club that cuts players going through major injuries...

Ruffles is contracted for 2011 so you would assume he will be rookie listed by us, unless of course someone beats us to him! shown great promise but 2 knees may deter others!

That's 11 cuts from the list... pretty significant turnover again.

Add Mzungu, Faulks and Griffin, plus de Boer, van Berlo, Barlow and Silvagni from the rookie list and that leaves us with four draftees still to come, right? Assuming there are no further rookie list upgrades (I don't think Clancee or Shepheard are in contention for that and Sibo could go either way).

Poor old Ruffles. It almost brings a tear to my eye when I see the below image

188061.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointed that Bucovaz was delisted, really hope we rookie list him because we do need another enforcer type up forward with DeBoer. Will be interesting because we only have 4 rookie spots to fill, and one of them will likely go to Ruffles.

As for Ruffles, I'm glad we moved him off the senior list. Obviously he is a BigFooty favourite, but he doesn't really have a lot going for him. Works hard, but sometimes that isn't enough. We'll obviously rookie list, so hopefully he can get over his injury problems and bulk up a bit and come back better than before.

Damn, seems like our club is finally being ruthless and no keeping players who cant get their bodies right.

Both Ruffles and Bucovaz can both be rookied.

So it looks like the club wants top use 5 picks in the ND, which is a pretty smart strategy, as it gives us earlier access to choose the players we want.

I'm sure Ruffles will be re-rookied (if someone else doesn't snap him up first) and maybe Bucovaz too.

Would hope that Ruffles is rookie listed and comes good next year. Any danger another club will take him in the rookie draft, as I think they get a chance now that we have delisted him?

Tim can always threaten to retire if any club but Fremantle draft him. ;)

My guess is maybe 2 out of Ruffles, Bucovaz and BoB will be re-rookied (Ruffles certain I think).

Think GC has a lot of picks in the rookie draft so unlikely to get many decent prospects like earlier - more likely in the draft and maybe we will even keep a pick for the PSD?? Not sure who would be worth taking in the PSD by the time we have a pick though.

Main thing that concerns me with Ruffles was the way he did his 2nd knee - seemed to go just from change in momentum as he went into Campbell Brown versus an actual twisting motion. Certainly hope he takes his time and comes back when much he is much stronger. On the rookie list he will have three years to do that.

Damn, seems like our club is finally being ruthless and no keeping players who cant get their bodies right.

Both Ruffles and Bucovaz can both be rookied.

I would be very disappointed to lose Bucovaz . Ruffles too but he could be an injury liability.

I don't mind being ruthless so long as we don't take it to Michael Voss ,running around naked with a meat cleaver, ruthless levels.

So, my accounting is such that we disposed of....

1. Tarrant
2. Dodd
3. Murphy
4. Ruffles
5. Hall
6. O’Brien
7. Bucovaz
8. Haselby
9. Solomon
10. Thornton
11. Headland

And we picked up
1. Mzungu
2. Griffin

So, in summary, we have 9 spots to fill.

We have national draft picks 20, 43, 55, 72, 89, 106, 123, 140, and PSD/rookie draft.

So what - 6 kids/matures and 3 rookies?

KPP, forward and back, as far as I see, is what we're looking for. Someone to fill in on the spine, and maybe a midfielder or two (but no more.....!).

So, my accounting is such that we disposed of....

1. Tarrant
2. Dodd
3. Murphy
4. Ruffles
5. Hall
6. O’Brien
7. Bucovaz
8. Haselby
9. Solomon
10. Thornton
11. Headland

And we picked up
1. Mzungu
2. Griffin

So, in summary, we have 9 spots to fill.

We have national draft picks 20, 43, 55, 72, 89, 106, 123, 140, and PSD/rookie draft.

So what - 6 kids/matures and 3 rookies?

KPP, forward and back, as far as I see, is what we're looking for. Someone to fill in on the spine, and maybe a midfielder or two (but no more.....!).

Your forgot Faulks

Also Barlow, Silvagni and Van Berlo will if they haven't already be elevated to the senior list, Pearce may be a chance too has done 2 yrs on the rookie list right? doesn't that mean we have to either elevated him or delist and re-draft?

Your forgot Faulks

Also Barlow, Silvagni and Van Berlo will if they haven't already be elevated to the senior list, Pearce may be a chance too has done 2 yrs on the rookie list right? doesn't that mean we have to either elevated him or delist and re-draft?

I'm probably wrong - but didn't they amend the rules to allow the 3rd year without needing to elevate for greater list management flexibility given GC/GWS coming in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back