Round 1 Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

No surprise about Jack I don't think. I'm surprised at how slow he is, really needs to work on his pace.

Good news on Barlow, if we can win this against Geelong the media will probably go into a frenzy about us I think.

Whats the go with SNOS?

Injured? Surely its not a case of Ross not rating him or rating Dawson over him.

I am missing SNOS as well as JA??? What is going on there? Npot even named as an emergency? Mayne must be thanking his lucky stars.

Great to see Barlow and the big man in.:D:thumbsu:

Anyone tell me how Michael Johnson gets a game ahead of Alex Silvagni?

Please let me know....

Anyone?

:eek::confused::eek::mad::confused::(

I think Duffield had better show something this week and if he pulls out of any contests he would be on thin ice and can't believe they still think Johnson is a defender. Watch Geelong isolate him deep in the forward line and him getting beaten.

Am concerned with the pace of the Geelong small forwards and how many of them they have in the side...

Please let me know....

Anyone?

Johnson's a tall flanker so they're not really competing for the same spot.

If anything it's Dawson whose keeping Silvagni out.

Please let me know....

Anyone?

One is a KPD who has struggled with injuries throughout the pre-season - particularly during the all important NAB Cup - and fallen down the pecking order. The other is a versatile 3rd tall/flanker who completed the bulk of the pre-season, played a part in the NAB Cup and established himself in the best 22.

Unless your name is Luke McPharlin, Matthew Pavlich or Aaron Sandilands it's pretty f'n irrellevant what you have done in your career prior to Ross Lyon arriving. Exhibit A: Clancee Pearce.

I've been as critical of MJ over the years as anyone, but it's not hard to see why he was named in the side this week given what's happened over the last 5 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I'm please about is that we have what I'd see as our best forward line, assuming Ballantyne plays there for at least parts of the game.

Glad to see Bradley at FF, Mayne gets to play his favoured 3rd tall role and he and Mellington will add some significant forward pressure along with Ballas.

Pavlich is Pavlich and with Fyfe and Clarke drifting down there occasionally it should be pretty potent.

Should be expecting at least a few goals from Hill, Barlow, Crowley and Mzungu but it's how many goals we concede at the other end is what I'm most concerned with.

SNOS & Jack aren't 100% and have been rehabbing. SNOS hasn't played a preseason game with Freo from memory.

They'll need to push their way back into the team via the WAFL to start the year. This is what happens when you have a full list to pick from, people. Plenty of notable outs, no Pitt, Mundy, Neale, Roberton, JVB etc.

i think suban will be the sub and i can't wait to see what mellington can do , he's a smart and fierce player. i would put him down for a couple i reckon, we got him in the draft for a bargin.
if he waited another season to enter the draft he would of been top 10 to 20 .
ja must have a slight injury concern and i'll tip him to play against theswans with mundy.
go boys can't wait

SNOS & Jack aren't 100% and have been rehabbing. SNOS hasn't played a preseason game with Freo from memory.

They'll need to push their way back into the team via the WAFL to start the year. This is what happens when you have a full list to pick from, people. Plenty of notable outs, no Pitt, Mundy, Neale, Roberton, JVB etc.

Agreed.

It is great to have such support in the wings. Jack, Mora, Griffin, SNOS to add to above, all eager and capable of coming in and will be pushing 22 to be on 'game'. Yes - Duff, Ibbo, MJ, Mayne and Subes that's you...

Pearce, Mello and Subes off interchange (one via sub) - will be nice IMPACT players

i think suban will be the sub and i can't wait to see what mellington can do , he's a smart and fierce player. i would put him down for a couple i reckon, we got him in the draft for a bargin.
if he waited another season to enter the draft he would of been top 10 to 20 .
ja must have a slight injury concern and i'll tip him to play against theswans with mundy.
go boys can't wait

Love the optimism but I think that is a big stretch. But then again it is impossiblee to know how he would of gone in this years last years TAC cup. Agree that if he plays a full game he could get a couple of goals.

I don't understand how Ross Lyon can say that you have to have match practice before you can walk in to this team but Sandi and Barlow get free passes. Does he not understand that Mundy is just as valuable as both of them if not more so. Does he not understand that Silvagni is a brilliant key defender?

Although, he probably doesn't have all of the say and there probably is a good reason why a couple of players are out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back