Preview Changes for Rnd 8 - Hawks Vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Roberton was OK, but he's probably not the best player we could have as sub. It must be tempting to bring in Walters as sub.

I don't like Roberton as the sub, we need an impact player in the sub role either with speed or in and under ability. Problem is Mora is not ready yet :(

Silvagni's kicking is worse than Dawsons from what I've seen.

Agreed. Have seen Silvangi twice live this year and both times his disposal has been average at best. All the love for him on this board, can't help but think that some will be dispointed with what he delivers in this new game plan. IMHO the notion of dropping Dawson and brining in Silvangi is crazy....

very worried about this week as a hawks supporter, we are just going at the moment and thats it, playing 1 or 2 decent qtrs a game. You guys are good enough to beat us if that continues. Us and Geelong are on a par. We need gibson and hodge back in the team.

I think the Swans showed that if we played pressure footy against the Hawks, you guys don't have the resolve to withstand four quarters of it. It's the four quarters that are the stickler for us. Osbourne is a big out, Cyril's form has been up and down, and Buddy is so preooccupied with doing the flashy things at the moment that a close defender like Dawson could put him off his game. It could go either way but what's going to win is who stands up under pressure.

If McPhee is injured, then Roberton will be the player who replaces him.

Silvagni is waiting to replace either Dawson or McPharlin. To a lesser extent he could come in for Johnson, but that would require a bit more of a reshuffle down back.

Neale and Ballantyne both faded in and out of the game, not sure I'd be dropping either of them though.

No changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Neale
In: Walters or Sheridan

Are you serious?

I dont think there will be any changes except if Pav or McPhee dont get up from the knocks they received on the weekend.

Possibly the worst time to lose Mcphee in regards to Rioli.. I like the team atm.. Like others have said, why change one of the best functioning backlines in the comp. Spurr is playing to an AFL standard, not convinced on Roberton as being the sub though,but he has provided a good release for one of our forwards or backline players.

I thought that was Adam McPhee's worst game for the year and Dawson's best game for the year.

The backline with Dawson and McPharlin working together worked really well yesterday.

The centre square needs work with both Mundy and Barlow way down on form.

Ballas just hasn't been the same since he got suspended.

Upforward it was great to see Pav and Mayne working well together, however we need a great contested mark taker and goal kicker up there too and sadly I don't believe we have that person on our list at the moment.

Having 27 scoring shots to 12 and only winning by 40 points says it all really.

We need a better forward structure and Bradley and Anthony just haven't worked thus far.

Perhaps Walters is the one to come in.

I thought that was Adam McPhee's worst game for the year and Dawson's best game for the year.

The backline with Dawson and McPharlin working together worked really well yesterday.

The centre square needs work with both Mundy and Barlow way down on form.

Ballas just hasn't been the same since he got suspended.

Upforward it was great to see Pav and Mayne working well together, however we need a great contested mark taker and goal kicker up there too and sadly I don't believe we have that person on our list at the moment.

Having 27 scoring shots to 12 and only winning by 40 points says it all really.

We need a better forward structure and Bradley and Anthony just haven't worked thus far.

Perhaps Walters is the one to come in.

I thought our forward line looked the best it's been all year.
Clarke could've easily been 4.0 or 3.1 instead of 0.4.

Clarke seems to be improving all the time at high marking,mayne too.
As Lyon has hinted that when mora rerurns ,he may play forward.
A forward line consisting of pav,mayne,mora and Clarke ,that's a pretty decent marking & tackling forward line,fairly mobile too.

Wish Lower was ready, but he most likely needs 2 weeks at WAFL still. He'd be great to put against Mitchell.

I can't see any changes unless for rest/inj.

Pavlich will be fine, he's a duracell.

If the Tassie Hawks were playing away from home in melbourne, i would give us more of a chance.
But its a true home game for them and the extra travel for us will make it more difficult.

In melbourne i would be tipping us next week.
In tasmania think the hawks will just get over the top.

There is some talk on the Hawthorn board of Brad Hill coming in for the hawks
Would be intersting to see Brad and Stephen go head to head, as an amateur psychologist I think Stephen has much more to lose from this potential scenario

There is some talk on the Hawthorn board of Brad Hill coming in for the hawks
Would be intersting to see Brad and Stephen go head to head, as an amateur psychologist I think Stephen has much more to lose from this potential scenario

Wishful thinking for them to go head to head from all the romantics out there. Brad would get torn up

If the Tassie Hawks were playing away from home in melbourne, i would give us more of a chance.
But its a true home game for them and the extra travel for us will make it more difficult.

In melbourne i would be tipping us next week.
In tasmania think the hawks will just get over the top.

I think the exact reverse. Swans beat them down there, they are more vulnerable in Tassie and they don't seem to score as much there (haven't looked up the actual stats though)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back