Opinion Trading for Harry Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Our forward stocks are a much bigger problem than our defensive stocks.

If Silvagni wasnt injured he could of played and done a good enough job.

We lost the game due to no marking targets up forward, no long get out of jail options and our midfield not working hard enough.

If we could get Taylor for a decent price and not giving up too much in draft picks or talent then yes by all means get him, he does not solve our forward problem though.
That is alot bigger concern than our defence.

Our forward stocks are a much bigger problem than our defensive stocks.

If Silvagni wasnt injured he could of played and done a good enough job.

We lost the game due to no marking targets up forward, no long get out of jail options and our midfield not working hard enough.

If we could get Taylor for a decent price and not giving up too much in draft picks or talent then yes by all means get him, he does not solve our forward problem though.
That is alot bigger concern than our defence.

But, Harry Taylor would be a better tall forward option that any we have at the moment!

But, Harry Taylor would be a better tall forward option that any we have at the moment!

And that is the point. He is a genuine swingman.

If, in the circumstance of these past two weeks, we have a ready made replacement on the ground already if a McP or Dawson went down.

If not, we have more than capable tall forward option up our sleeve. And a replacement for when McP retires.

It would give us so much more flexibility and another quality KPP to mentor our youngsters.

If you have a look on our board there's a thread on it.

Yeah, it's a thread which states the initial rumour from Karl Langdon.

I didn't read it all tbh, but it seemed to be a heap of Geelong supporters poo-pooing the idea without having any real, concrete knowledge.

Plus, I don't think that too many of them come from Geraldton.;)

I'm not going to put my balls on the block here, because I'm not 100% sure. But I have pretty extensive family ties and history in the region, and the mid-west is a small community. But I have it on "pretty good" authority that he is seriously considering a move home. And that comes from somebody very close to his family. But again, it's not infallable.

Make of that what you will, but I guess only time will tell.:)

Yeah, it's a thread which states the initial rumour from Karl Langdon.

I didn't read it all tbh, but it seemed to be a heap of Geelong supporters poo-pooing the idea without having any real, concrete knowledge.

Plus, I don't think that too many of them come from Geraldton.;)

I'm not going to put my balls on the block here, because I'm not 100% sure. But I have pretty extensive family ties and history in the region, and the mid-west is a small community. But I have it on "pretty good" authority that he is seriously considering a move home. And that comes from somebody very close to his family. But again, it's not infallable.

Make of that what you will, but I guess only time will tell.:)

Of course you didn't read it, it doesn't support your thread. It wasn't poo pooing, Karl Langdon basically made up the initial rumour from some very vague assumptions. I remember one of those media types over there starting a similar rumour about Joel Corey a few years back.

But if you'd bothered to read the whole thread you would have found this...

He came out on radio last week when this rumour came up again and quite clearly said that he and his partner love Geelong and that the topic of a move back to WA hadn't even been spoken of.

Make of that what you will.

Of course you didn't read it, it doesn't support your thread. It wasn't poo pooing, Karl Langdon basically made up the initial rumour from some very vague assumptions. I remember one of those media types over there starting a similar rumour about Joel Corey a few years back.

He came out on radio last week when this rumour came up again and quite clearly said that he and his partner love Geelong and that the topic of a move back to WA hadn't even been spoken of.

We've already got the trade deal sorted ;)

In all honesty no one on this board was talking about DP last year and he's the one we went after...

I highly doubt Buddy is coming, nor Taylor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep your knickers on. I was being extremely genuine and courteous in my reply to you.

I didn't read it because it is 8 pages long. No other reason.

And, with all due respect, what other reply to that question would you expect from him at this time of year?

And, strangely enough, I worked with Joel Corey's uncle John for a few years and he was also adamant that Joel would never leave Geelong.

It's a small world is WA.

I'm not trying to talk smack to you, so how about you do the same?

Keep your knickers on. I was being extremely genuine and courteous in my reply to you.

I didn't read it because it is 8 pages long. No other reason.

And, with all due respect, what other reply to that question would you expect from him at this time of year?

And, strangely enough, I worked with Joel Corey's uncle John for a few years and he was also adamant that Joel would never leave Geelong.

It's a small world is WA.

I'm not trying to talk smack to you, so how about you do the same?

Every year when an interstate player comes out of contract, you hear 'player x from so and so state wants to go home, I've heard it from player x's brother's 2nd cousin once removed's hairdresser's dog walker's uncle who lives in 'insert original town player x originates from here'. I'm not saying you don't know people, or heard things, but i'll take Harry's word for it at this stage thanks.

At least you guys have been fairly realistic about what it would take to get him off us though. None of this 'flip flop second round picks and throw in list clogger a b and c and that will get the job done' like what you usually see, so props for that :)

Every year when an interstate player comes out of contract, you hear 'player x from so and so state wants to go home, I've heard it from player x's brother's 2nd cousin once removed's hairdresser's dog walker's uncle who lives in 'insert original town player x originates from here'. I'm not saying you don't know people, or heard things, but i'll take Harry's word for it at this stage thanks.

At least you guys have been fairly realistic about what it would take to get him off us though. None of this 'flip flop second round picks and throw in list clogger a b and c and that will get the job done' like what you usually see, so props for that :)

I understand what you're saying, and you are right in a general sense, of course.

However, the mid-west, and in this case Northampton, (where HT is from), is a very, very small place. (Incredible AFL breeding ground too). Farming communities are tight-knit and everyone knows everyone elses secrets.

But again, I'm saying that my source, ( my cousin to be precise), has no reason to bullshit, he's not that kind of bloke. But I am also not calling it as an infallable truth at this stage.

Which was my point in saying that "time will tell".;)

I understand what you're saying, and you are right in a general sense, of course.

However, the mid-west, and in this case Northampton, (where HT is from), is a very, very small place. (Incredible AFL breeding ground too). Farming communities are tight-knit and everyone knows everyone elses secrets.

But again, I'm saying that my source, ( my cousin to be precise), has no reason to bullshit, he's not that kind of bloke. But I am also not calling it as an infallable truth at this stage.

Which was my point in saying that "time will tell".;)

If the next thing I hear on the topic is 'Harry Taylor delays contract talks till the end of the season', then i'll be starting to panic lol.

Because he made noises about coming home last year.
I remember when those noises were made but they were accompanied with more than a whiff of aversion towards Freo and a stench of devotion to WCE. Do you think there is any truth in that part of the rumour?

I remember when those noises were made but they were accompanied with more than a whiff of aversion towards Freo and a stench of devotion to WCE. Do you think there is any truth in that part of the rumour?

I think that there probably is when you take into account his friendship with Josh Kennedy.

A framed portrait of Clive and laminated A3 action shots of Dale and Winston,delivered under Mr Suban's wing should get the deal done.

krishollo acknowledged:

A framed portrait of Clive and laminated A3 action shots of Dale and Winston,delivered under Mr Suban's wing should get the deal done.

krishollo acknowledged:

My assessment didn't include that post, no matter how much it gave me a chuckle lol.

This will be Harry's last contract you would think. We can put some fiscal pressure on what that contract is worth, and get him or not we should be doing that.

Had a chuckle at the suggestion of 1st rounder + Ibbotson. Cats are as good as it gets at the trade table.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back