Positives!

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 4 was our goal at the start of the season, making it to a grandfinal for the firt time is a tick.

Considering our goal kicking and the dubious umpiring we held up well and mounted a few challenges.

Mundy was superb, If we won he would be a norm smith medallist.

Sandilands has another year in him!

Johnson brilliant.

If Fyfe kicks those shots he could have been best on ground aswell.

Ballantyne will be hungrier then anyone in the league next year.

We can see where our improvement will come from, we know we stack up. We weren't the best team this year. We will be next year.
Either him or Pavlich. He would be feeling devastated seeing Lake winning the Norm Smith.

1. Nat Fyfe (in white shorts) is the sexiest human on the planet.
2. Purple will always be number 1 on the colour landscape
3. You're not West Coast.

One I haven't seen mentioned: the crowd.

That was the only GF crowd over 100,000 people where an interstate team was involved. (Last year was 99.6k, as was Saints v Crows in 1997. WCE's biggest crowd was 97k in 2006). That is by far and away the largest crowd our boys would ever have played in front of. A real testament to our fans as well for making the trip east in such great numbers.

Bring on 2014 is all I say. We have the team to do it again, even though we will get a tough draw...

Your boys are going to be top 4 for a few years to come, they will get their flag.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a fyfe brownlow, norm smith and premiership hat trick in the next couple of seasons.

I hope so i really do

I hope so i really do

well brownlow means best player in league apparantly. And the best players stand up come the big stage so the best player standing up on the biggest stage should be the best player there. Meaning Brownlow and Norm-SMith, norm-smith goes to winning side almost always soooo TO EASY!

To create enough chances to win against what I think is a superior team talentwise is probably the only positive I can take right now.. but it doesn't make me feel any better

Hey guys not gonna hang around because I remember how s**t it is losing one

But from vic can I just say Mundy forever earned the respect of the football public over here yesterday he was enormous , would have been the norm smith in a winning side

He reminded me of Nathan jones unwavering want to drag his side over the line by forcefully winning a clearance

The biggest positive for Freo IMO is

1. You will improve. That is ******* scary
2. This is the pain you must have before you enjoy the greatest pleasure.
3. Your window is wide open
4. You will probably win the flag 2014-2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have the potential to be a HUGE club. 40,000 fans in the cappuccino strip, approx 30,000 at the MCG, biggest GF crowd that included an interstate team.

Hold onto your seated memberships people. Unfortunately I only have an associate membership, don't think I will even be able to get a country membership next year.

He won't admit it but I reckon Demetriou underestimated the Freo passion but he will take notice next year, we equal dollars to him now.

2014 here we come!

Trade week starts tomorrow...:p

1. 22 players have experienced a GF now, not to mention 3 emergencies in the parade and the rest of the teammates looking on. Invaluable.
2. Our running brigade is going nowhere. Crowley 29, Mundy 28, Mzungu 27, D.Pearce 27, Barlow 25, DeBoer 23, Hill 23, Suban 23, Fyfe 22, Sutcliffe 21, Neale 20. That group has a few seasons left together.
3. We got to a GF in a year that McPharlin missed 9 games, Pavlich missed 13 and Sandi missed 15 games! Not to mention ACL to Griffin, Keplar and Morabito.
4. Hawthorn will likely be weakened by losses and retirements

Walters played one good half of Football and nearly won us the game off his own boot.

could very well end up best player in the AFL if he improves next year, has all the attributes, very cocky just needs to work on his fitness, his speed is inconsistant

I think the biggest positive was that we played a terrible first half, pretty good third term and an al-right last against the best team in the comp and only lost by 15pts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back