JinmboJones

All Australian
Jun 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Birds of Prey
I recall being on a tram full of eagles supporters after the 06 GF when a couple of Sydney supporters got on and deliberately tried to start s**t. Fortunately there was a couple of rather large eagles supporters there so nothing happened, but there are utter flogs around with nothing better to do, clearly.

Strawbs

Club Legend
May 4, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Saw a couple of dickheads in the crowd, but met plenty after the game who were humble in the win. Im sure this thread would be a lot larger if we were playing Richmond.
I've been going to Richmond games for 40 years and have seen one fight in that time. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
There were a number of Hawks supporters creating trouble around Perth all night. Walking home there were a number of cars playing their music and full strength and flipping off Freo supporters.

But then again I saw a number of Fremantle flogs on the Cappucino strip, God it was tough to believe these guys support the same team I do. Lucky I didn't touch any booze until I got home.

There was a Hawks tosser that got ejected in the 3rd quarter near my block. If you want to be a dickhead and try to antagonise, don't be surprised to see some verbal thrown back at you. That said, his name was taken by the cops and well, served him right.

Strawbs

Club Legend
May 4, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Your supporters are the only ones I ever get abuse from in Melbourne, and it happens every single game. Most ugly supporters by far.
You are pretty unlucky then considering how much we hate Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon yet you hear of little, if any, trouble between supporters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

purplefrog

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
This sort of thing is not isolated to particular clubs but it is just the mentality of the individual.
If we looked hard enough there is even the Freo supporting knob out there.
Lacking a brain and being an arse can unfortunately effect all supporters no matter what club, mind you some more than others.

La Vache

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Melb
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
flyers, suns
My experience was 100% positive all day. Didn't even see or hear any ribbing just 2 groups of supporters going apeshit for their side.

Given that most pubs in the vicinity are chockers by 11am it is amazing that GF day usually doesn't see much lubricated violence.

Dinner Plate

Cancelled
Apr 30, 2012
*scum are drug cheats
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah, the hawk supporters seemed a good bunch.

But there are always idiots that spoil a good day no matter the team they support.

I'm told (by my Freo supporting girlfriend) there were some appalling Hawks supporters in the M4 standing area; loud, abusive, disruptive and generally rude, obnoxious pricks.

If you were in M4 or anywhere in the vicinity, I'd like to apologise on behalf of all Hawks fans.

I had a great experience standing in M9 and Freo fans around Melbourne were proud, well-behaved, and extremely purple. Credit to all who made it to Melbourne.

May 20, 2011
Last Saturday in September
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm also sorry to hear about the abuse. I hate 'supporters' who prefer to abuse the other team rather than support their own.

Could not believe how fantastic the Fremantle supporters were the whole week, including after the GF. I even saw a few at Hawthorn's family day yesterday decked out in purple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

basashi

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
FFC Quay Club
I'm told (by my Freo supporting girlfriend) there were some appalling Hawks supporters in the M4 stand-in area; loud, abusive, disruptive and generally rude, obnoxious pricks.

If you were in M4 or anywhere in the vicinity, I'd like to apologise on behalf of all Hawks fans.

I had a great experience in M9 and Freo fans around Melbourne were proud, well-behaved, and extremely purple. Credit to all who made it to Melbourne.

So you were sitting in M9 while your girlfriend stood up elsewhere?

I like the cut of your jib!

basashi

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
FFC Quay Club
How very dare you.

Nah, I was standing too. Both just glad to get tickets. (She was smart enough to enjoy the company of her Freo-supporting friends, not my unpleasant boorishness.)

I find the more I drink the less boorish I become. Or feel, or something. Whatever...

Mar 13, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, The Abbotsford Anglers
we copped a lot of s**t on the tram on the way home...all sides have dickheads. I think the unprovoked name calling to a kid is pretty poor form though. They seemed to forget too quickly that this was them last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back