Ballantyne sent straight to Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Ballantyne has been referred straight to tribunal. Jesus wept.

No doubt he will go for 3 weeks or something like that.

Sylvia come on down.

Absolute bullshit if he cops any form of suspension/reprimand for that. They shouldn't even be looking at it.

He bumped and there was head clash. Like Fyfe he could get done. At least this time we can argue that he wasn't able to tackle.

Last edited:
What a joke

Fyfe didn't even go straight to the tribunal and his opponent had the ball - what was Ballantyne meant to do? Let him pass?

Perfected executed bump as well - went in low, didn't leave the ground and first point of contact was his side. This accidental head contact stuff is a joke - players get hurt far worse in marking contests etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait up.. Franklin gets off and Ballas goes to the tribunal? What a ruddy joke.
It's not a joke, it's rampant stupidity.

Hit a guy deliberately ala Goodes, Franklin and you can get off with insufficient force, do it by accident and you're gone

If the AFL doesn't sense that they are in crisis right now, the whole place needs a flush out.

I am a level headed guy and am not all that uncomfortable with Fyfe copping weeks despite thinking it was harsh BUT what Buddy did was very similar but just didn't draw blood - is that where the line is drawn for a suspension ?

Ballaz will be fine, have a look at the footage, Jaensch to his credit is yelling at the doctors "im right" which should help somewhat*. I also agree it is a good thing it goes to the tribunal but in reality just let it go, was an inspiring bit of footy.

*UNLIKE that flaming little turd Boomer who copped one and waited for 10secs trying to milk it, then sees the chance for a cheap possie so he bounds up. Weak animal.

The problem is also the way Ballas is perceived. Umpires miss SO many completely deserved free kicks to him, he can be absolutely monstered and nothing comes of it. IMO it's because the administration don't like the way he plays. It's pathetic, he plays close to the line and sometimes he steps over, but often he gets absolutely reamed on the field for no reward.

Tribunal could be good & bad. Might get longer as there is no early plea. If Viney gets off I think Ballaz should too.
In good news for freo, Vickery & Thomas suspended for Richmond

FYI - The AFL have clarified that the reason he has been sent to the tribunal is they believe the points penalty would have been too severe and they have sent it to the tribunal to get a lesser sentence.

AFL AFL
Ballantyne has been referred to the Tribunal as the MRP believed the points, coupled with his record, would've meant too severe a penalty.

FYI - The AFL have clarified that the reason he has been sent to the tribunal is they believe the points penalty would have been too severe and they have sent it to the tribunal to get a lesser sentence.

AFL AFL
Ballantyne has been referred to the Tribunal as the MRP believed the points, coupled with his record, would've meant too severe a penalty.

Ok. I have stopped being annoyed now. Thanks AFL. Doesn't make me less annoyed that Buddy is getting off though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back