Toast Cameron Sutcliffe

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Sutcliffe deserves his own thread. Good fitness, very quick and great disposal. But more importantly, always plays with great intensity, courage and effort.

Think we have one of the best running half backs for the next 10 years. And currently very unheralded by the football world.

His future is surely in the midfield.

Gem of a find, my buddy is. His best asset, apart from his kicking and his running, is his gutsiness. Backs himself week after week, and he is growing in stature in our team in leaps and bounds. Wait till he puts on a few more kilos.

A bit of a Coach's pet, too... Apparently gets invited to Ross's for a feed on occasion - see Barlow have a dig into him at one of the Freo Newsroom eps! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross gave him a complementary slap on the face after the WC game, after most of the others were given a couple stern words

Sutty has been doing a solid to good job all year. The reason RTB likes him (among other things) is you know what you're going to get week in and out - he's not hot and then cold and he puts in great effort all the time, and has a tank to do it all game. Players like that allow the team as a whole to structure up and play high quality footy.

Rarely a star, but always a factor. Sutty's doing well and has been doing steadily better all year.

Sutty has been doing a solid to good job all year. The reason RTB likes him (among other things) is you know what you're going to get week in and out - he's not hot and then cold and he puts in great effort all the time, and has a tank to do it all game. Players like that allow the team as a whole to structure up and play high quality footy.

Rarely a star, but always a factor. Sutty's doing well and has been doing steadily better all year.

I don't know about that. I'd have him in the best 6-8 players of most of our games this year. In terms of consistently good performances, he's up there. He works hard, he hits targets, and he always seems to pick the best option. He's like a young cross between Mzungu and MJ (with a little less melanin).

At pick 71 in the 2011 draft, he's easily the best steal since that Fyfe guy at 20 in 2009, and that young Walters fella at 52 in 2008. :thumbsu:

Spurr in rookie draft, Barlow in rookie draft. I rate Spurr as a bigger draft steal than Sutcliffe. Gee that 2011 draft is looking very special, with Neale, Crozier, Sutcliffe, Spurr and Dawson all playing great football and Sheridan pushing for selection (when injury free).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freman...ting_and_trading_history#2011.2F12_off_season

He is such a smooth mover, just seems to glide across the ground. Very good player and clearly best 22.
I'd still replace one of Duffield or him for a Nick Smith type small defender if we had one (Puopolo did kick four goals), but we don't so it's a moot point.

Great player. VERY underrated.

People forget that he hasn't even played 50 games yet runs around with the experience and skills of a 150 gamer. He can play on small defenders as well as shut out key position players i.e. Darling.

Absolute gun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back