Rumour The Trade Rumour File

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron Black is not going anywhere.

Josh Simpson future is in the hands of the club. He is going through a personal development program, and has gone quiet well. Manager says he is super hungry to play AFL football.

Freo - need to create a space on our list, manager will sit down with Lloyd and Bond at end of trade period. (May get moved to the rookie list by the sound of it so that we have 3 picks in the main draft. )

http://audioboom.com/boos/2539801-howlett-will-stay-a-bomber-if-hird-stays-says-manager.mp3

Today he isn't, doesn't mean he isn't in 12 months.

To keep Simpson on the main list, we either trade a contracted player or delist a contracted player.

If we are looking t change draft position then I can see this one happening.

I'm worried if we're too passive in trade period our list will end up stagnating. Our list has a lot of depth - but if finals showed anything its that there's plenty of room for improvement at the lower end of our best 22.

We really should look to trade a couple of mid-range or depth players such as Suban, Deboer, Pearce, Duffield, Mzungu, Spurr, Griffin, Crowley, Clarke, Mayne etc. Player's who have seemingly flatlined in terms of improvement and could be holding us back, but may have some currency at the trade table. A combination of some value trades, and bringing in younger but more talented players is what we need.
Sydney, Hawthorn and Geelong are all examples of this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very true. Perhaps Josh is rookie-bound after all. Given all the effort Freo put into him (and all the talent God put into him) I sure as s**t hope he's willing to back-up his promises with some honest perspiration.

I think that might be the outcome but gees, is he going to be ok with that and hang around?

I don't think we have anything that would get that done. Maybe one of Clancee, deBoer, Suban or Duffy. Personally, I don't see the D's going for that.

It'd take a guy like Lachie Neale to be involved for them to even remotely consider it.

It'd take a guy like Lachie Neale to be involved for them to even remotely consider it.
Yeah, true. Don't know if I'd want to do that deal myself. Bondy and the boys would have to have a target in mind to go hard for pick 2/3. 13 and Neale is a tough one alright.

I think that might be the outcome but gees, is he going to be ok with that and hang around?

Well if he is not willing to do that given the opportunities he has already had and subsequently blown then he isn't worth keeping around. I think the club has been very patient with Josh and his cultural differences as well as his willingness to attempt a different approach to kick starting his career but there does need to be a line drawn in the sand.

Why wouldn't the eagles just rookie list Josh before us if we delist him and force him to the draft?
They would be mad not to, the potential upside is enormous and it would cost them a rookie spot

Why wouldn't the eagles just rookie list Josh before us if we delist him and force him to the draft?
They would be mad not to, the potential upside is enormous and it would cost them a rookie spot
because a change of scene for him would be the worst thing possible for the kid.

because a change of scene for him would be the worst thing possible for the kid.

He might think he owes us nothing if we give him the boot. Besides he will have no choice, if we delist him the only way we can re-rookie him is via the rookie draft. Before that he could have a club like the eagles all over him trying to get him as a delisted FA or sweet talk him and pick him up as a rookie before we have a pick.
If we want the kid, sign him on for another year to the main list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back