Society/Culture Feminism part 1 - continued in part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violence against women is generally different. It is usually committed over a longer period of time, and sexual and psychological abuse comes with it.

How much less attention do you believe we should give violence against women?

We had an entire thread where it was shouted down that violence in society, violent men was an issue. I find it interesting that the resident attention seeker is changing its tune now. Better late than never, I suppose.

How do you read this stuff and not see the misandry? "male possessiveness kills women" and "ideas of entitlement bound up in masculinity". They speak as though all men have a murderer inside them that society needs to control. They did a study of male murderers of women and found that many had screwed up ideas about gender. That doesn't tell you anything about the 99.9% of men who haven't murdered a woman.

How do you read this stuff and not see the misandry? "male possessiveness kills women" and "ideas of entitlement bound up in masculinity". They speak as though all men have a murderer inside them that society needs to control. They did a study of male murderers of women and found that many had screwed up ideas about gender. That doesn't tell you anything about the 99.9% of men who haven't murdered a woman.
It's an article about men who kill women :drunk:

The clue is in the title.

Last edited:

I think its quite clear it is talking about men who have committed a crime against a woman, and not all men in general.

The ideas of entitlement bound up in masculinity are, in some cases, deadly.

How is this only referring to men who murder women? These potentially deadly ideas are "bound up in masculinity"! Can you imagine the almighty freakout if someone interviewed a bunch of female murderers and then started talking about the dangers of femininity?

How is this only referring to men who murder women? These potentially deadly ideas are "bound up in masculinity"! Can you imagine the almighty freakout if someone interviewed a bunch of female murderers and then started talking about the dangers of femininity?

There are some men who have a sense of entitlement over women.. Some take this too far, and others don't.

I am sure some women are possessive too.

There are some men who have a sense of entitlement over women.. Some take this too far, and others don't.

I am sure some women are possessive too.

No kidding. Of course they are. That's my point. It's not their masculinity that made these men commit their crimes, it was their possessive, jealous, personality types. But the underlying message in articles like this (of which there seem to be thousands) is that masculinity itself is toxic.

No kidding. Of course they are. That's my point. It's not their masculinity that made these men commit their crimes, it was their possessive, jealous, personality types. But the underlying message in articles like this (of which there seem to be thousands) is that masculinity itself is toxic.

I understand what you are saying, however, I can see how some men confuse possessiveness, and jealousy as masculinity, and power.
Masculinity, in itself is fine.. its when people confuse what it means to be a "man". In this instance, its being suggested that some men view being possessive, jealous as masculinity... and some do.

Women are more likely than men to commit fraud. Some women are dishonest and manipulative. Dishonest and manipulative men also commit fraud, but let's talk about how being dishonest and manipulative are traits of femininity. That's essentially what the mainstream media continuously does with men and violence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Women are more likely than men to commit fraud. Some women are dishonest and manipulative. Dishonest and manipulative men also commit fraud, but let's talk about how being dishonest and manipulative are traits of femininity. That's essentially what the mainstream media continuously does with men and violence.

Sigh. So close to a proper discussion.

Sigh. So close to a proper discussion.

lol so it's not a proper discussion because you don't like the analogy. How is that not what these articles are doing? They take a group of criminal males and then suggest that their masculinity is to blame for their behaviour. Never mind that women are also capable of the same crimes. Never mind that it would be seen as highly offensive to take pretty much any other group and make these kinds of generalizations about them.

Do you think female victims are more worthy of attention than male victims despite being the minority?
Firstly, majority?

Secondly, Ive said that male on female DV tends to include sexual and psychological abuse over a longer term. This is substantively worse than other forms of violence. But you dismissed sexual and psychological violence.

Men need to stop being violent.

Right now, one lady in Queensland is facing 8 counts of murdering her children. In Victoria, 1 women is facing 3 counts of murdering her children, one count of attempted Murder.

Where's all the domestic violence advocates opinions on this? Rosie batty is a domestic violence campigner, where's her opinion on what we need to do, to prevent this? she's continually lecturing us on what men have to do.

When Bryant went on a rampage, look how as a society we reacted? Isn't the murder of eight children, in one afternoon a massive national issue? 8 children, in one go.

Right now, one lady in Queensland is facing 8 counts of murdering her children. In Victoria, 1 women is facing 3 counts of murdering her children, one count of attempted Murder.

Where's all the domestic violence advocates opinions on this? Rosie batty is a domestic violence campigner, where's her opinion on what we need to do, to prevent this? she's continually lecturing us on what men have to do.

When Bryant went on a rampage, look how as a society we reacted? Isn't the murder of eight children, in one afternoon a massive national issue? 8 children, in one go.
What would you like to be done?

again not part of the feminist agenda..

They will ignore it, dismiss it, say its different. Turn the tables and call you disgusting for mentioning it

just wait for the feminist toxic spin

interesting that you left off the one bit of my post where I asked if you agree that we have a problem in this society with violent men.
No it isn't. It is par for the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back