2016 Non Freo discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't deserve this torture. A lot of players have done a shite load worse, it wasn't meth for god's sake, and not had to endure anything like this.
The lawyers of the 32 Essendon players were responsible for significant delays particularly arguing the method and validity of the testing used that found TB4 in their urine samples, which wasn't even used as evidence in the hearing.

Lawyers act under direction.

The alternative is that an AFL club could attempt to gain an advantage through the use of banned and unproven for safe human use drugs without any punishment.

Ok so no empathy from you guys. Fair enough. In regards to meth, no cop is going to break down your door and arrest you for taking something widely and routinely prescribed to the general public. No doubt the players f*&%ed up in complying. They should have fought the entire coaching department off. Hindsight is 20 20. I do think recreational drugs are worse and get no where near the condemnation it deserves. Cousins was down right embraced and glamourised.

Ok so no empathy from you guys. Fair enough. In regards to meth, no cop is going to break down your door and arrest you for taking something widely and routinely prescribed to the general public. No doubt the players f*&%ed up in complying. They should have fought the entire coaching department off. Hindsight is 20 20. I do think recreational drugs are worse and get no where near the condemnation it deserves. Cousins was down right embraced and glamourised.

Cousins was delisted and stood down from the game for 12 months .

No cop is breaking down your door for taking meth. In the context of sport, performance enhancing drugs should be punished much more harshly than recreational drugs. The use of non-performance enhancing drugs in society should be a health issue and addressed accordingly. They are not better or worse than PEDs but in a sporting context they should treated more leniently.

After it was obvious to blind Freddy what was going on and the club stood him down when the guy could no longer function. Anyway, old news. The AFL is a never ending roller coaster and we're all along for the ride.

They don't deserve this torture. A lot of players have done a shite load worse, it wasn't meth for god's sake, and not had to endure anything like this.

It's not so much what they did which is really the problem, at least when it comes to sympathy.

The problem is the way they dug in and thought they would get away with it, and kept lapping up the bullshit from Hird & EFC, kept professing their innocence ... when it was clear to anyone with a brain what had happened.

They'd have sympathy if they admitted they made a mistake, but were kind of duped, and distanced themselves from the club and took the early 6 month ban on offer. But they didn't, there's never been a genuine "sorry" from anyone involved, and they deserve what has now happened.

Not sure how long his contract is for (if it even matters anymore) but Freo would be crazy to not attempt to lure Hooker back home for 2017 season ;)

Slap in the face to the AFL too for trying to get away with only doing 'just enough' - to seem tough on the one hand but basically look after their interests at the same time.

AFL talk tough on this issue, WADA come in and show them what tough actually is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle and Collingwood were not allowed to elevate rookies for banned players. Why doesn't the same rules apply to the clubs involved now?

Because it's well known standard policy that AFL make up the rules on the run.

Having said that, I think this is exceptional circumstances. They have to allow them to field a team.

I think it's quite damning how CAS can arrive at a totally different conclusion using the same evidence presented to the afl tribunal.

I am waiting patiently for Netflix to pick this up and run with a 10 part series called "Making a Hirderer"

I think it's quite damning how CAS can arrive at a totally different conclusion using the same evidence presented to the afl tribunal.

Yes exactly, just proves the whole afl tried to cover it up. I am glad that justice prevailed to what should've happened in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back