Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That cat is a better "parent" than many yummy mummies with their soy decaf lattes at Burnside Village ignoring Henry Charles Leopold running out onto Portrush Road

Funny you mention bad parents. A sudanese kid about 18 months old was walking alone on a main north road footpath when I drove home today. Saw a bloke stop and get out to help, if I was him I would be scared of so much as looking at a kid - there is so much risk to even helping children these days as a man because overprotective mothers will quite literally attempt to ruin your life.

That said, absolutely nobody was in sight, it had to have wandered a long long way. The road is a main road 3 lanes 80kmh. Recipe for total disaster, I mean what the * - you would have to be letting the kid wander intentionally at this point.

Indian summer man is getting me down!!! I want lush green colours from my lookout, not dust n' hills that look like straw... I have wood to burn lots n' lots of wood to burn
Mrs V convinced me to start a fire when we got back from the game Saturday, which I drunkedly obliged.

Felt used the next morning.

My niece rescued a 3 year old on that road and drove her back via the 3 year old's directions and the parents hadn't noticed the child missing (40 odd minutes that my niece was with her) WTF

Funny you mention bad parents. A sudanese kid about 18 months old was walking alone on a main north road footpath when I drove home today. Saw a bloke stop and get out to help, if I was him I would be scared of so much as looking at a kid - there is so much risk to even helping children these days as a man because overprotective mothers will quite literally attempt to ruin your life.

That said, absolutely nobody was in sight, it had to have wandered a long long way. The road is a main road 3 lanes 80kmh. Recipe for total disaster, I mean what the **** - you would have to be letting the kid wander intentionally at this point.
Mate, you got to help a kid. I've done something like you described a few times with nothing happening, even when I've given the parent/s a bit of s**t.

Plus, you'd feel a campaigner forever if you could of prevented anything bad happening.

That said, absolutely nobody was in sight, it had to have wandered a long long way. The road is a main road 3 lanes 80kmh. Recipe for total disaster, I mean what the **** - you would have to be letting the kid wander intentionally at this point.

That's the sad reality of our world nowadays.
But the simple solution when you find a kid wandering around on their own is call the cops. You don't even have to approach the kid or talk to them just keep an eye on him/her and keep the cops updated if they end up from Main north road to a few blocks back into the side streets.

Mate, you got to help a kid. I've done something like you described a few times with nothing happening, even when I've given the parent/s a bit of s**t.

Plus, you'd feel a campaigner forever if you could of prevented anything bad happening.
Dont forget the guy that got his name slandered all over facebook and the news as a pedophile for wanting a photo with a Star Wars mural for his kids.
Being an adult male without children at the moment, any interaction with other peoples children is a one way ticket to getting called all sorts of s**t.

Dont forget the guy that got his name slandered all over facebook and the news as a pedophile for wanting a photo with a Star Wars mural for his kids.
Being an adult male without children at the moment, any interaction with other peoples children is a one way ticket to getting called all sorts of s**t.
Yep, totally understand if you're not comfortable intervening but your case above is whilst devastating to the innocent guy is not representative of how most people react.

One of my favourite books is Henry Miller's The Airconditioned Nightmare. In it he describes in a passage about being a bit pissed and playing with young children in a park. A playful exchange where the children interact with a silly adult and the adult reflects upon the simple nature and honesty that children have. Try to emulate Ol' Henry's effort today and it's a recipe for trouble.
Handling an incident with confidence, concern and having the child calmed & reunited with their loved ones as your focus will better your chances at shutting down any bs that may come your way. Most people will be grateful and just want to get on with their lives again.

As an aside, wasn't Rod Stewart a creepy campaigner?

Anyone else get the recorded phonecall from malcolm? i hung up before the first sentence was out, sumpthin' about the subs
Yeah, I got the recorded message from Malcolm recorded on my voice mail. Deleted as soon as he said who he was.

#malcom

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me wrong, if it were me who spotted and stopped first I would have helped out, but i'm severely conscious of the possible consequences of doing so.

Don't get me wrong, if it were me who spotted and stopped first I would have helped out, but i'm severely conscious of the possible consequences of doing so.
Especially if you are wearing that prot power cap

Especially if you are wearing that prot power cap

Miss feel was hilarious on the weekend, she was like "I saw you coming up the stairs and to your seat, and I thought you looked so good (with the media polo etc.), then I keep getting drawn to the hat and it ruins everything."

* yes, I love this hat.

Yes. 30 minute commute turns into (so far) 2 hours of going no where. Then being thrown off the train to wait for another 20 minutes for a substitute bus.

Apparently it's because they privatised electricity 20 years ago.
#UPDATE Investigation is continuing into the cause of power outage at Lonsdale substation. Thank you for your patience.

:(

#UPDATE Investigation is continuing into the cause of power outage at Lonsdale substation. Thank you for your patience.

:(
We'd have been moving a lot quicker if people didn't stop to take photos of EVERYTHING

That's more annoying than being late.

And cameramen shoving the camera in your face.

Good thing the No'lunga toothless brigade are there to talk to the media

mascot-2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back