"Baaallll! Heezallover'im!" West Coast Eagles and the umpires...a modern day love story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have just posted the op straight into your melt thread..
Two things which should always be seen in the same sentence - West Coast Eagles and melt.

The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines 'melt', in part, as:

: to change or to cause (something) to change from a solid to a liquid usually because of heat

: to gradually become less or go away

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/melt

Clearly they were referring to West Coast v any top 8 team away from Subi, heck v any top 8 team anywhere these days.

Urbandictionary.com refers more specifically to certain West Coast supporters in their definition of 'melt':

an absolute complete fu_king idiot

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=melt

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A West Coast supporter sharing their football wisdom with the rest of the world...

wnd_fb22da02023269842423f25e210c141a.jpg

I feel like this didn't come up when you guys were better than us for your five minutes up the top

Do you honestly think 2016 West Coast possessing a vanilla midfield make you better team?

Ladder position or not West Coast are completely irrelevant this season and you know it.

Resume skiing.. weeeeeeeeeeeeee

I feel like this didn't come up when you guys were better than us for your five minutes up the top
New to the AFL?? This has been discussed ad nauseum for years!
Heres a link to 2012: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/west-coast-free-kick-stats-to-r12.957671/
Heres a link to 2015, when we had our "5 minutes up top": http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...e/news-story/66893232c4234f095aeb3bcedb3bd45c
"WEST Coast is the most protected team in the AFL.
The Eagles have won a staggering 349 more free kicks than they have conceded in the past five years — a differential three times bigger than their nearest rival.But it’s at Subiaco, at the aptly nicknamed “House of Pain”, where West Coast gets the biggest advantage from whistleblowers".
You shouldn't always trust how you "feel" ;)

Give you the shits as we get lumped in the same basket when in fact it's the polar opposite. We get the pineapple while being accused if getting armchair service by the vic media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 years, but meh, whos counting? At least our relative success was recent, 10 years since your flag, and we are still hearing about it. Dont get me started about the flags you won before we existed. Not once have I heard an essendon supporter mention their 16 flags.. Self entitled smug pricks that you are.

At least our relative success was recent, 10 years since your flag, and we are still hearing about it.
Well you don't have McClelland Trophy reunions.

5 years, but meh, whos counting? At least our relative success was recent, 10 years since your flag, and we are still hearing about it. Dont get me started about the flags you won before we existed. Not once have I heard an essendon supporter mention their 16 flags.. Self entitled smug pricks that you are.

Umm?

Has anyone thought about forwarding the free kick count onto media outlets? I realise that it has been put up in the past, but continued pressure may force the afl to make changes if enough consistent pressure is applied:)

Has anyone thought about forwarding the free kick count onto media outlets? I realise that it has been put up in the past, but continued pressure may force the afl to make changes if enough consistent pressure is applied:)

AFLs official response to the matter.
this-is-fine-dog-embed_c1wcflsukty01jr4jtcy11rrx.jpg

Well I would say a minor premiership, and a record in the last 5 years that is only inferior to hawthorn as a relative success, you wouldn't? What's more, we weren't spoon fed by the umps. Better make the most of this year, as I think we have a brighter future than your team.

Well I would say a minor premiership, and a record in the last 5 years that is only inferior to hawthorn as a relative success, you wouldn't? What's more, we weren't spoon fed by the umps. Better make the most of this year, as I think we have a brighter future than your team.

Don't feed the troll mate :)

Gotta love the back page of the Worst today.

"The Eagles are back in premiership contention after a stunning victory over flag favorites North Melbourne on Sunday with Lewis Jetta proving the critics wrong with a dominant 9 possession display. The Eagles now have an easy run home into the finals which should see them challenge for a top 2 spot over the coming weeks, with only one difficult challenge against the overrated Adelaide Crows to come. Luke Shuey is also now outright Bownlow favorite after Patrick Dangerfield's massive form sulmp over recent weeks."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back