TV Series You're Watching

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously feel like I should be posting about "Time Travel Girl" in a political or religious thread. This show, while covered in a cutesy "girl accidentally travels through time" coat of paint, clearly is about how the church (specifically, the Christian faith) has tried to silence or stop science. Way deeper than it looks!

If anyone's interested in that sort of thing, The Expanse looks like some pretty good sci-fi so far. Based on some pretty good books- features solar system spanning conspiracies, spaceships blowing up, an antihero detective in a hat.
May turn out to be the first actual good show syfy has made since Battlestar Gallactica.

So far behind the times but I'm just watching this now. Really getting a BSG feeling out of it. It's getting prioritized over Jessica Jones, Daredevil S2 and Preacher because it's just that good so far.

So far behind the times but I'm just watching this now. Really getting a BSG feeling out of it. It's getting prioritized over Jessica Jones, Daredevil S2 and Preacher because it's just that good so far.

Loved BSG, but can't stand this one :(

Too many characters, not enough depth, trying to establish too many things ... And stealing storylines from BSG. Bummer from my point of view.

Just watched first Ep of Netflix's 'Stranger Things'.

Like ET/Super 8 ... Very cool so far.

Gonna check this out tonight. Steele Tallon mentioned it on Twitter the other day. First I'd heard of it.

Watched the first episode last night on your recommendation. Fantastic.

The 80s feel is just bang on - they've obviously put a lot of work into making that happen. Feels like they are even using camera filters and directing style to give the impression it was recorded on 80s equipment.

The Goonies meets Stephen King is the vibe I got so far. Great!

Just watched first Ep of Netflix's 'Stranger Things'.

Like ET/Super 8 ... Very cool so far.

Binge watched it and finished it on the weekend... was a great series. Definitely a bit of Steven King about it (the older brother could be his son!) and it's pretty true to its 80's theme too.

What struck me was the lack of the typical "good looking" actors if that made sense... they almost wanted you to look deeper and it works brilliantly.

Wonder if season 2 will be a new storyline ala American Horror or will it continue with this one...

Masterchef... what a great finale.

I might be a softie but gee it's nice to see a reality TV show allow the humanity to show through rather than try and create drama that doesn't exist.

Spoiler warning:

Poor Matt. Seems like a seriously great guy.

Spoiler warning:

Poor Matt. Seems like a seriously great guy.

Was really hard to dislike any of the top 3, and Elena helping Matt showed she was a worthy winner too, but you're right... Matt's growth made him my favourite too... took everything in and used it all so well.

They really seemed to care about each other which was great to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bojack Horseman.

Whoever mentioned in here, thank you. Fantastic show. Binge watched the first 2 seasons right before the 3rd just came out. Im getting through the 3rd just as fast. Great comedy, smart, topical and really well written.

Was really hard to dislike any of the top 3, and Elena helping Matt showed she was a worthy winner too, but you're right... Matt's growth made him my favourite too... took everything in and used it all so well.

Lives in SEQ so I'll be keeping a watch out for his food truck when he gets it up and running.

I am a long time Landline viewer.

A very interesting story last week about putting the trapped dingo on the Barrier reef island to kill the feral goats that have been there for many years.

The goats have caused ecological damage and have resisted all previous efforts to remove them from the island - the dingo is the first of four emasculated males that are reckoned to get rid of the goats in double quick time.

There are fail safe plans to stop the dogs becoming a different sort of pest when the job is done.

Those are the ones with the two year release poison capsules, right? I read about them in New Scientist or the like. Very interesting.

Yes that is the fail safe - the dogs have tracking collars and the preference is to shoot them as the goats are expected to be gone in months.

No problem. We simply unleash wave after wave of Chinese needle snakes. They'll wipe out the dingoes.

But aren't the snakes even worse?

Yes, but we're prepared for that. We've lined up a fabulous type of gorilla that thrives on snake meat

But then we're stuck with gorillas!

No, that's the beautiful part. When wintertime rolls around, the gorillas simply freeze to death.

...well okay maybe that plan doesn't quite work in Australia

Watched the first episode last night on your recommendation. Fantastic.

The 80s feel is just bang on - they've obviously put a lot of work into making that happen. Feels like they are even using camera filters and directing style to give the impression it was recorded on 80s equipment.

The Goonies meets Stephen King is the vibe I got so far. Great!

Yep - a few more eps on now and it's just getting better.

Shame it's only an 8 ep season!

You guys aren't wrong. First two episodes are fantastic. If I didn't have stuff to do on this stupid Sunday I'm sure I'd watch through the whole thing today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back