Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:

Hawkboy

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2009
North West Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Burnie by 74
Hobart City by 4
Launceston by 88
Glenorchy by 11
Burnie by 40
Lauderdale by 24
Launceston by 60
In the big game between Glenorchy and North, going on recent form lines Glenorchy should win but are far from certainties. North are always a tough opponent especially at home and are well coached. If Glenorchy cant win this game it will really send the psychological shivers through them for games against North later in the season. They were sure things for the flag last year but couldn't get over the line against North when a lot of factors were well and truly in their favour for that game. I'm going for Glenorchy by 5 goals without a great deal of confidence.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Conditions could make hard work for the players.
Burnie by 50 in the mud
Lauderdale by 20 in the bog
Launceston by 30 in the bog
Glenorchy by 1o_On a wet surface
I dont know why people say Glenorchy were favorites last year. North Launy won the previous premiership & beat Glenorchy just before the finals. I said it was 50/50 at best.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Conditions could make hard work for the players.
Burnie by 50 in the mud
Lauderdale by 20 in the bog
Launceston by 30 in the bog
Glenorchy by 1o_On a wet surface
I dont know why people say Glenorchy were favorites last year. North Launy won the previous premiership & beat Glenorchy just before the finals. I said it was 50/50 at best.

Probably finishing on top and going straight through whilst North lost week 1, scraped home week 2 and obviously won week 3, had there ruckman rubbed out, and leading goal kicker inured and had to travel to Hobart, from memory, the odds were $1.25 to $4.50.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Probably finishing on top and going straight through whilst North lost week 1, scraped home week 2 and obviously won week 3, had there ruckman rubbed out, and leading goal kicker inured and had to travel to Hobart, from memory, the odds were $1.25 to $4.50.

Appreciate that. But experience & the win against Glenorchy made it 50/50 for me. Anyway its just my view of it all ;)

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Conditions were awful everywhere except maybe at Aurora. That must have been a pretty exciting game. Glenorchy appeared cooked at 1/2 time but staged an improbable win.
The rest were played on bogs. Clarence were belted into the kennebecs & bismarks on Westpark. Lauderdale were lucky to get 2 points, NHCFC had chances to win it in the slop. Poor old Tigers nearly pinched it too. All good for footy ;)

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Conditions were awful everywhere except maybe at Aurora. That must have been a pretty exciting game. Glenorchy appeared cooked at 1/2 time but staged an improbable win.
The rest were played on bogs. Clarence were belted into the kennebecs & bismarks on Westpark. Lauderdale were lucky to get 2 points, NHCFC had chances to win it in the slop. Poor old Tigers nearly pinched it too. All good for footy ;)

Hobart City should have pinched it, leveled scores with still 2 or 3 minutes to go, that said Lauderdale should have been further in front at 3QT also.

GreyBudgie

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2008
New Town
Other Teams
Glenorchy, Arsenal,
Hobart City should have pinched it, leveled scores with still 2 or 3 minutes to go, that said Lauderdale should have been further in front at 3QT also.
Watched the game from Aurora Stadium congratulations to AFL Tasmania and City Park Radio (Commentary) for streaming the game, I too thought Glenorchy looked cooked at Half Time, still think when it counts NL might still have the wood over the Pies, still a good victory yesterday

Jul 16, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hobart Tigers, Hurricanes,
Watched the game from Aurora Stadium congratulations to AFL Tasmania and City Park Radio (Commentary) for streaming the game, I too thought Glenorchy looked cooked at Half Time, still think when it counts NL might still have the wood over the Pies, still a good victory yesterday
Hopefully more of this done!
BTW tune into Edge Radio 99.3FM from 1.50pm on next two Saturdays to hear Hobart v NN (boyer) and Hobart v Lindisfarne (TCA) broadcasts. Available online at edgeradio.org.au

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hopefully more of this done!
BTW tune into Edge Radio 99.3FM from 1.50pm on next two Saturdays to hear Hobart v NN (boyer) and Hobart v Lindisfarne (TCA) broadcasts. Available online at edgeradio.org.au

I agree. I didnt see the broadcast but I'm sure AFL Tas promised this sort of thing some time back. Its a good way to communicate the game to the younger generation & even older people who may want to check the games out but cant get their. Its got to be a good thing for the TSL

Apr 2, 2008
BigFooty
AFL Club
Geelong
Well if your losing players to University Footy Club which would be a so called third tier competition (No disrespect played a few games in the old scholars in the day) is shows what a terrible state some SWL Clubs must be in that they cannot retain players that they have developed who would rather drop down two levels for a kick.

I can imagine the time commitment at The Tigers compared to Uni would be double at least? You are always going to have certain players at a time in there career drift away. But if we use The Tigers as an example as soon as they were promoted to SWL the vast majority of there mature SFL players did not want to make the commitment, if there were more pay on the table I wonder how many would of stayed?

Also maybe you have got to ask is the Club Culture got something to do with not being able to keep players at the club? after all Lauderdale manged to make the step up and be competitive from there first season....maybe the ghost of the "Southern Cats" is haunting Gods Country as the old HFC/Kingborough legends I knew called it down the end of the Southern Outlet.
Not saying this is the case. But playing TSL footy is a fair commitment for little compensation. If you want to be any good you may aswell put in your best effort. That means training Monday-Tuesday-Thursday. 3-4 gym sessions ontop of that. Playing Saturday and recovery Sunday. Doesn't leave much time for anything else. So unless your heart is fully in it there is no point trying IMO. Plus the money you get is nothing compared to what you would prob get at said '2 teirs lower'. Where you can train 1 or 2 nights per week and enjoy the rest of your free time!!

Apr 2, 2008
BigFooty
AFL Club
Geelong
Anywhere I can watch the replay of that game??

GreyBudgie

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2008
New Town
Other Teams
Glenorchy, Arsenal,
Not saying this is the case. But playing TSL footy is a fair commitment for little compensation. If you want to be any good you may aswell put in your best effort. That means training Monday-Tuesday-Thursday. 3-4 gym sessions ontop of that. Playing Saturday and recovery Sunday. Doesn't leave much time for anything else. So unless your heart is fully in it there is no point trying IMO. Plus the money you get is nothing compared to what you would prob get at said '2 teirs lower'. Where you can train 1 or 2 nights per week and enjoy the rest of your free time!!
And that is the Problem if AFL Tasmania want a Premier Comp they along with the clubs need to pay the players a fair amount of coin for the time they put in for the commitment needed. Or you will continue to have player drain to clubs in comps that are second tier in the eyes of AFL Tasmania pyramid. Now the answer to getting more money can only come from the AFL, will not hold breath.
If the AFL are not willing to pay clubs would be better to go back to regional where you would have less expenses and more ability to make more on match day.

Chattswood

Senior List
Feb 29, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
And that is the Problem if AFL Tasmania want a Premier Comp they along with the clubs need to pay the players a fair amount of coin for the time they put in for the commitment needed. Or you will continue to have player drain to clubs in comps that are second tier in the eyes of AFL Tasmania pyramid. Now the answer to getting more money can only come from the AFL, will not hold breath.
If the AFL are not willing to pay clubs would be better to go back to regional where you would have less expenses and more ability to make more on match day.
Let's assume AFL kicks in more money, are clubs currently capable of managing the responsibility that comes with this?

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Let's assume AFL kicks in more money, are clubs currently capable of managing the responsibility that comes with this?

I recon thats a fair question.
I would think that part of the 'professionalisation' of clubs should include having a competent professional manager & management systems. All of these should be accessible to the AFL. Also qualified coaches, fitness people & access to medical people.
So its not just the salary cap & the ability to pay it. Although the cap should be closer to $150k not including coaches etc.
Otherwise we may as well go back to local footy. At least the clubs will survive.

Apr 2, 2008
BigFooty
AFL Club
Geelong

Yea couldn't agree more. I'm all for the state league. The level in my opinion is quite good and I love to watch a game when I can. Just think that something needs to be done to get all the best players in one league.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
How crap is this roster. Every game in the south.
Clarence by 30 LFC will have a go.
North Launy by 20 I think NHCFC will take it up to them. The smaller NHO wont suit NL. The ground is in perfect condition
Glenorchy by 40 The middle of KGV will be a mess & the pies might be a bit flat after last weeks effort.
Lauderdale by 30 Tired legs after last week might flatten Lauderdale on the firm twin Ovals surface.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
How crap is this roster. Every game in the south.
Clarence by 30 LFC will have a go.
North Launy by 20 I think NHCFC will take it up to them. The smaller NHO wont suit NL. The ground is in perfect condition
Glenorchy by 40 The middle of KGV will be a mess & the pies might be a bit flat after last weeks effort.
Lauderdale by 30 Tired legs after last week might flatten Lauderdale on the firm twin Ovals surface.

You do realise its because of the AFL game at Aurora yeah?

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
It was a nice sunny day after last weeks conditions.
NHCFC nearly did it. Only one bloody point in it. :mad::mad:
Devonport were in it early & didnt seem too far off the money. I recon NL & Glenorchy were a bit flat after their clash last week.
Clarence tore Launy a new one after 1/2 time. I thought theyd do better.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Playing on the coast? Sunday? Friday night? They have lights. Tigers v Lauderdale is tomorrow anyway. Its no biggy but they could spread games better than that.

Clubs don't like Sunday and Friday night games when traveling, it made sense this weekend not to play in the North.

Back