2nds Northern Blues 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

As I understand he missed a shot from the same position in the pre-game warm up. ;).

A few of the players were none to confident about him nailing the shot when he took the mark in the last quarter. :p

What was pleasing was seeing the boys get around him after he kicked it. :D
I was also pleased to see Kye Declasse get amongst it.
Is he a rough chance for a rookie spot next year?

Korchek has kicked a few like that this year and his marking is very impressive.
The guys should have been confident.....................If it was Casboult though? :)

I haven't seen Declasse. No idea about him at all.

Thanks Aph, so what's the go, is that like a normal rookie in terms of elevating to get a senior game?

I am a rookie with this rookie business hence I turn to the enlightened and smart Carlton BF community.

Ok just found this info but not too sure if it's out of date:-

International rookie. May spend up to 3 years on the rookie list before being delisted or elevated.

Korcheck is a Cat B International Rookie.

As I understand he missed a shot from the same position in the pre-game warm up. ;).

A few of the players were none to confident about him nailing the shot when he took the mark in the last quarter. :p

What was pleasing was seeing the boys get around him after he kicked it. :D

I was also pleased to see Kye Declasse get amongst it.

Is he a rough chance for a rookie spot next year?

I know with the state of our list and its improvements that are required means we can't pick players based on anything other than ability and skill, however........Déclassé passing to McLuggage is just too good to pass up.

My concern with Cuningham and DVR are that in comparison to players like Wilson jones and kerbatieh declase and stachan who aren't on an AFL list are playing much better and dominating VFL level (in the case of hish and Wilson), therefore can we really be patient with such players when we could of drafted hish with our late pick or rookied him and he would of already been promoted on form and debuted this year.

I think we had to put Gus on the main rookie list because you couldn't have 2 Irish imports at the same time, under the cat B scheme.
Still can't; it's one per season under Cat B. They're still pre-selected either way, but it's designed to tighten the flow of players from the GAA after they expressed concerns.

What are the knocks on Gowers? More likely to be delisted or given another year?
His last couple of weeks haven't been as good as his previous month or so. This week, with 19 possessions, was getting back to what he was producing. His form was good enough to be more than noticed. He was a chance for a senior game.
He has improved a fair bit this year. He isn't just a cameo producer any longer, but a stronger, fitter guy getting more ball. His disposal and decision making can vary somewhat. Some weeks he looks superb with his kicking, and other weeks he looks like he needs his thinking cap on. But he is getting more consistent and looks probable of being with us for a while.
That said, he isn't really fast. That is probably his biggest weak spot in his quest for senior selection.

My concern with Cuningham and DVR are that in comparison to players like Wilson jones and kerbatieh declase and stachan who aren't on an AFL list are playing much better and dominating VFL level (in the case of hish and Wilson), therefore can we really be patient with such players when we could of drafted hish with our late pick or rookied him and he would of already been promoted on form and debuted this year.
Skittles bothers me more than Cuningham at the moment.
Cuningham is very young and has struggled with hip issues for much of the year. He looked OK earlier. He is probably running out of juice on his season. I am hoping that with another preseason, an injury uninterrupted preseason, that he can show more run.
Skittles is playing better this year than he did last year, but last year he was a major disappointment. He needed to get more of his own ball and he has been working on that (apparently), but his form dropped off when the weather got wet. He has shown that he can put his head over the ball, but he needs to do it more. He just might improve if he did get a senior game, as his footskills would make him really dangerous to a team unprepared for them. But he needs to work harder. I am not sure he can work hard enough.

I am VERY pleased to see Tom Wilson back in form. He was seriously missed when out injured. He DOES put his head over the ball. He is good value as Blues' Captain, much as Box Bransgrove was in his day. Strachan is similar. Neither will probably make AFL standard, but they play like they don't care. They love the game and do their best. They are good VFL players and we would do well to make sure they stay with us. Kerbatieh is a kid on a mission. He can't afford too many bad ones. He does have some issues, but he appears to be working on them enough.

Let's not get carried away with Kerbatieh. He has done some good things, but he is still quite inconsistent. I would very much doubt if he was on our list that he would have debuted this season, particularly given Gowers has played better footy over the journey this season & hasn't got a look in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not get carried away with Kerbatieh. He has done some good things, but he is still quite inconsistent. I would very much doubt if he was on our list that he would have debuted this season, particularly given Gowers has played better footy over the journey this season & hasn't got a look in.

your right about gowers been very good in the 2s - but your wrong about kerbatieh has been the most consistent player for the blues all year have you been watching our 2s . He defiantly would of been playing ones if we have drafted the kid!!!

DISPOSALS
Total:Matthew Dick (292 disposals), Jason Tutt (242), Hisham Kerbatieh (241), Tom Wilson (234), Tim Jones (210)
Averages:Nick Graham (31), Jason Tutt (26.9), Mark Whiley (24.1), Simon White (23), Matthew Dick (22.5)

CONTESTED POSSESSIONS
Total:Hisham Kerbatieh (119 contested possessions), Tom Wilson (107), Tim Jones (97), Mark Whiley (90), Dillon Viojo-Rainbow (82)
Averages:Nick Graham (14.3), Mark Whiley (12.9), Tim Jones (10.8), Lachie Plowman (10), Hisham Kerbatieh (9.2)

Season-high:Nick Graham, Round 5 vs. Casey Scorpions (21 contested possessions)

CLEARANCES
Total:Tom Wilson (52 clearances), Tim Jones (48), Mark Whiley (46), Hisham Kerbatieh (35), Nick Graham (25)
Averages:Mark Whiley (6.6), Nick Graham (6.3), Tim Jones (4.8), Tom Wilson (4.7), Liam Sumner (4)

Season-high:Mark Whiley, Round 9 vs. Frankston (11 clearances)

GOALS
Total:Kristian Jaksch (19 goals), Jack Silvagni (15), Liam Jones (15), Hisham Kerbatieh (13), Tom Wilson/Dillon Viojo-Rainbow (8)
Averages:Jack Silvagni (2.5), Harry McKay (2), Liam Jones (1.9), Kristian Jaksch (1.6), Blaine Boekhorst

MARKS
Total:Matthew Dick (70 marks), Kristian Jaksch (57), Bill Gowers (54), Jason Tutt (50), Jayden Foster (48)
Averages:Nick Graham (6.8), Bailey Jordan (6), Simon White (6), Andrejs Everitt (5.7), Jason Tutt (5.6)

Season-high:Matthew Dick, Round 1 vs. Footscray/Daman Aujla, Round 12 vs. Sandringham (11 marks)

TACKLES
Total:Hisham Kerbatieh (53 tackles), Tom Wilson (50), Zach Ballard (37), Tim Jones (36), Clem Smith (34)
Averages:Nick Graham (8), Tom Wilson (4.5), Hisham Kerbatieh (4.1), Brent Bransgrove (4), Tim Jones (3.6)

Season-high:Nick Graham, Round 5 vs. Casey Scorpions (14 tackles)

INSIDE 50s

Total:Tom Wilson (40 inside 50s), Hisham Kerbatieh (38), Jason Tutt (29), Tim Jones (27), Bill Gowers (25)
Averages:Liam Sumner (5), Dennis Armfield (4.5), Andrejs Everitt (3.7), Tom Wilson (3.6), Jason Tutt (3.2)

your right about gowers been very good in the 2s - but your wrong about kerbatieh has been the most consistent player for the blues all year have you been watching our 2s . He defiantly would of been playing ones if we have drafted the kid!!!

DISPOSALS
Total:Matthew Dick (292 disposals), Jason Tutt (242), Hisham Kerbatieh (241), Tom Wilson (234), Tim Jones (210)
Averages:Nick Graham (31), Jason Tutt (26.9), Mark Whiley (24.1), Simon White (23), Matthew Dick (22.5)

CONTESTED POSSESSIONS
Total:Hisham Kerbatieh (119 contested possessions), Tom Wilson (107), Tim Jones (97), Mark Whiley (90), Dillon Viojo-Rainbow (82)
Averages:Nick Graham (14.3), Mark Whiley (12.9), Tim Jones (10.8), Lachie Plowman (10), Hisham Kerbatieh (9.2)

Season-high:Nick Graham, Round 5 vs. Casey Scorpions (21 contested possessions)

CLEARANCES
Total:Tom Wilson (52 clearances), Tim Jones (48), Mark Whiley (46), Hisham Kerbatieh (35), Nick Graham (25)
Averages:Mark Whiley (6.6), Nick Graham (6.3), Tim Jones (4.8), Tom Wilson (4.7), Liam Sumner (4)

Season-high:Mark Whiley, Round 9 vs. Frankston (11 clearances)

GOALS
Total:Kristian Jaksch (19 goals), Jack Silvagni (15), Liam Jones (15), Hisham Kerbatieh (13), Tom Wilson/Dillon Viojo-Rainbow (8)
Averages:Jack Silvagni (2.5), Harry McKay (2), Liam Jones (1.9), Kristian Jaksch (1.6), Blaine Boekhorst

MARKS
Total:Matthew Dick (70 marks), Kristian Jaksch (57), Bill Gowers (54), Jason Tutt (50), Jayden Foster (48)
Averages:Nick Graham (6.8), Bailey Jordan (6), Simon White (6), Andrejs Everitt (5.7), Jason Tutt (5.6)

Season-high:Matthew Dick, Round 1 vs. Footscray/Daman Aujla, Round 12 vs. Sandringham (11 marks)

TACKLES
Total:Hisham Kerbatieh (53 tackles), Tom Wilson (50), Zach Ballard (37), Tim Jones (36), Clem Smith (34)
Averages:Nick Graham (8), Tom Wilson (4.5), Hisham Kerbatieh (4.1), Brent Bransgrove (4), Tim Jones (3.6)

Season-high:Nick Graham, Round 5 vs. Casey Scorpions (14 tackles)

INSIDE 50s

Total:Tom Wilson (40 inside 50s), Hisham Kerbatieh (38), Jason Tutt (29), Tim Jones (27), Bill Gowers (25)
Averages:Liam Sumner (5), Dennis Armfield (4.5), Andrejs Everitt (3.7), Tom Wilson (3.6), Jason Tutt (3.2)
Kerbatieh, like Wilson & to a lesser extent Tim Jones lead, or are near the lead of most stats because they permanently play with the Northern Blues (it is noticeable that he isn't near the top end of many of the averages, which detail a fairer picture of output, taking into account those players who have been in & out of the Carlton side, or who have battled injury). If you were to look at these stats in isolation you could put a strong argument for Tom Wilson deserving to be on an AFL list. Would he have played with Carlton this year if he was on our list?

Kerbatieh has improved as the season has gone on, but his work rate in the TAC Cup & early on this season, was a good indicator to why he wasn't drafted in last year's National & Rookie drafts. He is a better chance of being drafted this year than last year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was still overlooked.

I disagree, Gowers hasnt been as good as Hish. But, if you are right, Gowers has been on an AFL list for a few years and still yet to debut, Hish has had what 10 games in, realistically, a pretty poor VFL team in his first year 2 years his junior.

Kerbatieh, like Wilson & to a lesser extent Tim Jones lead, or are near the lead of most stats because they permanently play with the Northern Blues (it is noticeable that he isn't near the top end of many of the averages, which detail a fairer picture of output, taking into account those players who have been in & out of the Carlton side, or who have battled injury). If you were to look at these stats in isolation you could put a strong argument for Tom Wilson deserving to be on an AFL list. Would he have played with Carlton this year if he was on our list?

Kerbatieh has improved as the season has gone on, but his work rate in the TAC Cup & early on this season, was a good indicator to why he wasn't drafted in last year's National & Rookie drafts. He is a better chance of being drafted this year than last year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was still overlooked.

Mate we were talking about the kid being consistent. Wilson does not have the same speed x factor hish carries. I just believe he tends to fit our small forward mid needs at the moment yes he did not get picked due to some aerobic concerns and not knowing he was up to senior footy. There was a reason he played Vic metro in the camps and also a reason he went to the draft combines also another reason SOS brang him across anyway that’s my thoughts. I also like Ryan from Coburg I heard he was invited to the combines I think clubs want to see how he tests as he has never been invited

Remove this Banner Ad

Back