Keeper Lg. BigFooty Dynasty (Ultimate Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

League is more even than last year imo which seems to be a positive. I am no longer in that stage where I won't be filling positions weekly, and don't plan on going back there any time soon.

There's going to be a few fast risers next season again I think. I saw tenderwarrior and flaps both making a charge this season. Yourself, mrpez and L_W_P both have a lot of improvement to come in their lists too, and you'll all have some pretty choice draft picks. And then TW has so much talent to come back next season (Heppell, Bellchambers, Carlisle, Thurlow and Swallow). Any of the teams in the 8 could win it this season!

There's going to be a few fast risers next season again I think. I saw tenderwarrior and flaps both making a charge this season. Yourself, mrpez and L_W_P both have a lot of improvement to come in their lists too, and you'll all have some pretty choice draft picks. And then TW has so much talent to come back next season (Heppell, Bellchambers, Carlisle, Thurlow and Swallow). Any of the teams in the 8 could win it this season!

I was expecting to fall a bit this season, but I am on track to finish better than last season. Reid, Lobbe, Longer and McIntosh will be handy players too if they can get on the park in 2017, having only played 11 games between them so far in 2016 :p

I am also set up well with draft picks, having four locked away in the first two rounds this year, and two first round picks in my pocket for next - and I will need all the help I can get given the competition now in this league :thumbsu:

One less player might've meant one more FA ;)

threenewpadlocks had a great match against me too. Final score didn't do it justice given how close it was.
Bit surprised you didn't play Hanley against Essendon - practically every Brisbane player beat their season averages!

Bit surprised you didn't play Hanley against Essendon - practically every Brisbane player beat their season averages!

Yeah, wish I had instead of my Doggies contingent. Very unfortunate how things went for you guys. Hopefully the guys in the next tier can step up and Boyd will have to make an impact now. Can never tell with Hanley, if he gets the half back sweeper role he doesn't produce that well, and I thought Hipwood would kick 3 or 4 against the Bombers but wasn't to be. Biggest regret actually is not backing them in with a bet to beat the Bombers.

I am happy with how my season has unravelled so far.

Pretty amazingly I have carried 9 players who haven't played a game.

And 15 have played 4 or less which is 1/3 of my list!
That is an interesting stat.

I have had 11 of my list list not play a game, and 8 players who have played 6 or less games so far.

Looking at that it is amazing that I have been able to, not only field a full side every normal round, but also be relatively competitive.

I am happy with how my season has unravelled so far.

Pretty amazingly I have carried 9 players who haven't played a game.

And 15 have played 4 or less which is 1/3 of my list!
12 of my players have played 6 or less.

Just one player (Alex Johnson) without a game, but Matt White, Drummond and Lennon have hardly had a touch this season.

The demise of Richcogs has started, called it at the beginning of the season. First year not finishing top 4. Getting rid of Cripps and Kelly was not overly smart. Armitage has dropped away dramatically. 6 players have not played a game.

The demise of Richcogs has started, called it at the beginning of the season. First year not finishing top 4. Getting rid of Cripps and Kelly was not overly smart. Armitage has dropped away dramatically. 6 players have not played a game.
Cripps was out of character for you, you have always been a very astute trader and list manager. Birchall in for Maric was a big win though, so that probably evens it out.

You still have plenty of top level talent 25 and under though. I think you are still in the ball park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12 of my players have played 6 or less.

Just one player (Alex Johnson) without a game, but Matt White, Drummond and Lennon have hardly had a touch this season.

And you're staring down the barrel of a top 4 finish. Things are going to start getting congested in the top 4 going forward. Jordie_tackles has made some big gains through some astute trades and with those big wins should see himself charging up the ladder next season too. We're hitting a point where the original draft's impact is starting to wane and the trading and drafting in seasons since is starting to come to the fore. If not next season then the season after that I think we'll see yourself, tenderwarrior and Jordie_tackles fighting it out come seasons end.

I've had 9 players play 7 or less games. With just the one player (Mitchell Hibberd) who hasn't played a game this season. Not entirely sure whether my trading out Bugg and Caddy to bring in Hibberd, Mathieson and Hipwood will pay dividends but early signs are good on Mathieson and Hipwood. Here's hoping Hibberd gets himself right for next season and can turn into an 80 point defender. After not having Liberatore, Parker, Prestia and Wines (amongst others) at the end of last season the plan has been (and still is) to develop that depth, so losing the likes of Naitanui, Langdon and now Wallis hopefully won't spell an end to a season.

I think come finals you would prefer caddy and bugg this year Rockford but in 2 years I think you will be happy, especially as hip wood looks great already!

This season, yeah, I think you're right. Especially a fit Caddy. I'm stoked with how well Hipwood has come on though (Mathieson too but I expected him to get games and decent numbers from the get go). I thought Hipwood would be a much longer term prospect but from the games I've watched it's clear the kid can play :) 10 goals in his first 5 games as an 18 year old, I'll take that. Just remains to be seen whether Brisbane try and develop him through the ruck given his height. I hope not personally, reckon he'd make a great swing-man (similar to Carlisle, except for he seems to enjoy playing both roles). And that way he'd keep B/F status in UF going forward too :D

I didn't pick him but thought hard about hip wood, but yeah thought he would take longer and only wanted him if he played forward.

Ryan Burton elevated off the Hawks rookie list, was anyone considering him around 18 when I took him? Was rated higher before his injury?

Was never on the rookie list, went first round in the draft - maybe he is off the injury list you mean?

He might have been a chance for top 3 had he not broken his leg, probably similar to Jake Stringer in that regard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back