FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm in the "waste of time" camp. Was drivel.

Got a loose theory on this one. About 18 or so years ago he appeared on The Footy Show as a guest, and was actually pretty funny and entertaining. And that was when the Thurs night Footy Show was watchable. Next minute he's on the Sunday Footy Show as a panelist. Not sure what they earned back then, but would have been steady income.

A lot happens in 20 or so years, and I reckon this was his attempt to become relevant or topical or intriguing or something, and get himself a gig. Backfired badly though. He just looked like an unhinged prick.

Got a loose theory on this one. About 18 or so years ago he appeared on The Footy Show as a guest, and was actually pretty funny and entertaining. And that was when the Thurs night Footy Show was watchable. Next minute he's on the Sunday Footy Show as a panelist. Not sure what they earned back then, but would have been steady income.

A lot happens in 20 or so years, and I reckon this was his attempt to become relevant or topical or intriguing or something, and get himself a gig. Backfired badly though. He just looked like an unhinged prick.

Yep I remember that. He came across with the same formula with a bit less hatred. Although he tried to pot Kerry Packer.

Was on the Sunday panel without knowing anything about the game. Even said in his footy show interview that he doesnt watch it these days and then ends up getting a gig as a panelist.

He's obviously got long term undiagnosed mental issues. That was pharking painful to watch,just complete jibberish and didn't answer 1 question. He's the kind of tosser that will have 10% of people thinking that deep down he's a gentle soul,when he's really just a phuckwit

gotta admire his ramblings. didnt break stride. almost rehearsed

It was actually uncomfortable to watch. Whatever you think of Sheehan, the vitriol he endured from such an uneducated has-been was unfair. I think he did well to keep going because Jackson wasn't ever going to cooperate or cease the abuse or say anything worth listening to.

that's how i felt. it slike when you witness a conversation that gets heated and feel someone is gonna do something they regret physically.

yes mike has enemies out there, and some or many on BF despise him because he has written things rightly or wrongly. that's the media. i like jacko as an entertainer. he admited lying a lot, i feel he lies so much he doesnt know or CARE what lies he's saying. everything contradicts. if someone else is getting the upper hand, raise your voice and get aggressive.

This. While he was way over the top I think he's said to Sheehan what a lot of players and supporters would like to.
Then of course Sheehan the dick has to keep making it about him instead of just moving on, precious campaigner.
Oh and the cancer stuff he was talking about was something he said in the past, he wasn't saying now that he wanted him to get cancer.
And something tells me his comment about people on the internet might have triggered a few around here.

WTF? There was one person making it all about Sheahan in that interview and it wasn't Mike. Martin Pike had an axe to grind with Sheahan as well, but he just said what Mike did, why he didn't like it, agree to disagree and move on.

I think though if Sheahan had his time over again, he'd probably like to ask Jackson that if it's true that he has no respect in the footy world, how could he possibly have been responsible for Jackson being blacklisted from the league? It's illogical.

As others have mentioned, at worst, he'll drum up a bit more interest/more dollars to do a few pissy sportsmen's nights. Although just being on Open Mike and answering the questions openly and honestly would have probably been just as effective.

I thought he made a few good points despite how inarticulate they were. It's a shame because this could have been a good interview if he just gave it as Mark Jackson rather than "Jacko", but is there even a difference these days?

Jacko is a man living in the past who refuses to step into the 21st century. Love him or hate him, it was a riveting 40 mins of television :D

#1 single for 6 weeks, wouldn't call that nothing. More than the Doggies have ever achieved.

Sorry, I didn't realise it was a p***ing contest.

Not sure what relevance the football team I follow has to do with my argument about Jackson showing basic respect, decency and just being civil to people. Simple principles most people learn as kids.

But hey, I'm talking to a Collingwood supporter, so I'm probably just wasting my time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked pretty staged to me , Jackson repeated his stage lines a bit - pure marketing. Pity he wasted his talents.
Mike was relatively cool, kudos to him .

I thought it might have been a bit put on but I have seen other older guys that have held onto grudges carry on like that.

Putting a teammate our for the season who was taking his spot at training and needing to be kept away from Roach at training the next year.

Brick under brake pedal of Barker.

Not a real likeable bloke back then nor now.

Have always been more in the ' dumb like a fox' camp on Jacko, but it was really difficult to figure out what points he was trying to make, he didn't answer questions, lost his train of thought just when it looked like he was about to make a genuine point etc.
Am flat as a tack having seen that, to be honest.

Have always been more in the ' dumb like a fox' camp on Jacko, but it was really difficult to figure out what points he was trying to make, he didn't answer questions, lost his train of thought just when it looked like he was about to make a genuine point etc.
Am flat as a tack having seen that, to be honest.

usually after doing something you come out of it with something tangible. i think we are all confused after those 44 mins

His words will ring true though as we watch the prospective draft pool go through their paces
1. How many better kids are there around
2. What the hell does jumping up at a stick have to do with real ruckwork
3. How many beep tests can you do if you don't get the football

I know I’m going against the grain here, but I loved that interview.

People go on about how ‘characters’ are absent from the game today but then act all outraged when Jacko doesn’t conform to how they expect to behave. Being a character means you’re not going to please everyone all the time and I didn’t agree with everything that Jacko said or did in that interview but I’d take that over the PR pap that 99% of current-day footballers dish out.

And is it really shocking for Jacko to say Sheahan was a football admin puppet? Sheahan actually worked for the VFL for a couple of years in the late 1980s and I always thought the view that he was an AFL lackey was generally accepted as fact. iirc Robert Shaw even mentioned recently how Sheahan was always getting stuck into Fitzroy during their dying days which of course dovetailed perfectly with what the AFL wanted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back