Travel EUROPE: Travel Tips & Tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Party and explore. Spreepark in Plänterwald is fun to poke around in. There are also a number of abandoned schools, hospitals etc to look around in. Plenty of open air clubs and bars to get involved in if that's your scene.

Legend. Thanks man will check those out.

I'm staying right in between Bairro Alto area and Alfama.. And ive already locked in a trip to Sintra!

Thanks for the tips
Nazare is a nice little fishing village with good fresh produce available and traditional fishing boats for photo opps, if that's your scene.
If your a Catholic or even used to be, mass Fatima is worthwhile.

So reporting from my euro trip!

Stuck in portugal for 4 extra days. Got very sick (non alcohol or drug related either). Hopefully tomorrow i fly out to berlin and to meet up with my mate before we head to iceland if i feel strong enough. First 2 days i just booked myself into a 400 a night hotel and have eaten fruit and water

Portugals amazing from what ive seen (doctors have ok english. Blood transfusion was top notch) unfortunately i got very sickm but i do recommend the place

Stuck in portugal for 4 extra days. Got very sick (non alcohol or drug related either). Hopefully tomorrow i fly out to berlin and to meet up with my mate before we head to iceland if i feel strong enough. First 2 days i just booked myself into a 400 a night hotel and have eaten fruit and water

Portugals amazing from what ive seen (doctors have ok english. Blood transfusion was top notch) unfortunately i got very sickm but i do recommend the place

Christ! Get well soon mate. I loved Portugal. Would be one of the first places I'd go back to on a return to Europe. Enjoy the rest of your trip

Holy s**t mate, very bad timing.

Hopefully you can soldier on.

That sucks, hope you get better soon. I've been in the same situation before.

Sounds like someone ate a Francesinha. People rave about them but im sure the meat in mine was from one of the millions of stray cats in Porto.

Sounds like someone ate a Francesinha. People rave about them but im sure the meat in mine was from one of the millions of stray cats in Porto.

Haha they are *in strange things hey. Chewy and if you don't eat them quickly then they go cold. But of course you wanna finish it so not to piss off the chef. You get backed into a corner with the ol' Franchesinha

Good to see someone reporting from their trip though, even if the news is far from ideal.

www.iflewtoeurope.com is where I've been collating my time o/s, I've only posted it here once because I don't wanna spam but I do enjoy taking the time to write memoirs as it'll be good to look back on in future

Haha they are ****in strange things hey. Chewy and if you don't eat them quickly then they go cold. But of course you wanna finish it so not to piss off the chef. You get backed into a corner with the ol' Franchesinha

www.iflewtoeurope.com is where I've been collating my time o/s, I've only posted it here once because I don't wanna spam but I do enjoy taking the time to write memoirs as it'll be good to look back on in future
Prett cool day out the final stage of the tour. I was on the Champs Elysses when Robbie won his 3rd green. :thumbsu:
Used to love it, but cycling it's pretty much dead to me now since the Lance saga though. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If your adventurous with your food, try the off shark in Reyk.
Thanks for the recommendation. Would of rather licked the pavement on flinders street ar 3am on a sunday morning

That smell

Off tonight for 7 weeks, first time going to Europe! My question, I leave Munich on 20/9 and I fly back home from Barcelona in the evening of 27/9. Not sure of my plan yet but I'd like to squeeze something between, I'm thinking Berlin. I figure I have 4 options, would love to hear some opinions.

Option a) Berlin 3 nights (two full days, two half days), Barcelona 4 nights (3 full days, one half day)
Option b) Berlin 4 nights (three full days, one half day), Barcelona 3 nights (two full days, two half days)
Option c) Go somewhere other than Berlin for 1-2 nights (somewhere between Munich-Barca) and spend more time in Barcelona
Option d) Just go 7 nights in Barcelona

Off tonight for 7 weeks, first time going to Europe! My question, I leave Munich on 20/9 and I fly back home from Barcelona in the evening of 27/9. Not sure of my plan yet but I'd like to squeeze something between, I'm thinking Berlin. I figure I have 4 options, would love to hear some opinions.

Option a) Berlin 3 nights (two full days, two half days), Barcelona 4 nights (3 full days, one half day)
Option b) Berlin 4 nights (three full days, one half day), Barcelona 3 nights (two full days, two half days)
Option c) Go somewhere other than Berlin for 1-2 nights (somewhere between Munich-Barca) and spend more time in Barcelona
If in Berlin at least attempt to get into Berghain

Barcelona is a bit over rated, mind you they have beaches there.

7 days though, long way for such a short trip.

Got any tips for this? I'll be over there by myself in about a months time, was a bit undecided whether it would be worth trying.
Try to line up by yourself, dress very hippsterish and learn to say one in german.

But seriously no one knows the door policy, its ****ed. The only think i definately know is if you look and sound like a tourist you are no chance of getting in

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Got any tips for this? I'll be over there by myself in about a months time, was a bit undecided whether it would be worth trying.
Depends how many nights you want to party. Old mate Sven a but of a caricature, but apparently it's worse when one of his underlings is doing the door. That said the only people I know who've been rejected are real ocker types who post statuses on facebook about how the cities they're visiting better watch put, etc. Dress casually, don't make a fuss, hope for the best.

Depends how many nights you want to party. Old mate Sven a but of a caricature, but apparently it's worse when one of his underlings is doing the door. That said the only people I know who've been rejected are real ocker types who post statuses on facebook about how the cities they're visiting better watch put, etc. Dress casually, don't make a fuss, hope for the best.
Is it open Friday night? Just checked and I'm due to leave early Berlin Sunday so not ideal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back