Not open for further replies.
no.gif

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ok so we have to address the ruck/forward issue if we are going to get anywhere next year.
Options on list:
Pedersen. Doesn't seem to be in favour.
King. Doesn't seem to have come on.
I don't consider Watts and Dawes as options.
Options not on list:
Vickery
Vardy
Daw
???? Help me out.

Quogorne

Draftee
Jul 20, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ok so we have to address the ruck/forward issue if we are going to get anywhere next year.
Options on list:
Pedersen. Doesn't seem to be in favour.
King. Doesn't seem to have come on.
I don't consider Watts and Dawes as options.
Options not on list:
Vickery
Vardy
Daw
???? Help me out.

Surely Jake Spencer gets a go as second Ruckman/Forward. Worth a shot this late in the year. How serious is his current injury?

Having Gawn deep forward more often will cause headaches.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Surely Jake Spencer gets a go as second Ruckman/Forward. Worth a shot this late in the year. How serious is his current injury?

Having Gawn deep forward more often will cause headaches.
I don't think it's sustainable to play those two. Will get found out pretty quickly. Gawn too good in the ruck and Spencer wouldn't be good enough up forward.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I don't think it's sustainable to play those two. Will get found out pretty quickly. Gawn too good in the ruck and Spencer wouldn't be good enough up forward.
I've been saying it for a while that i think the combination can work against certain teams. When the opposition go in with two ruckmen to try and nullify his impact, bring in Spencer to give him a chop out. When he's down forward, he can stay within 30m of goal at all times, so not too much will be expected of him.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I dont mind the Spencer idea TBH, He is tall enough that he will make a contest of all the high balls and he puts on better defensive pressure than Hogan, it allows Hoges to hit the wings and stay involved

Does anyone reckon the dogs would look at Dawes as a stop gap given the long term injury to Redpath and Tom Boyd showing nine tenths of * all? Maybe Crameri coming back will be enough. If so could we get better than a 3rd round pick?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Hey guys.

What's the rub.on kennedy-Harris? Looked a player in his first year but fallen off a cliff since.

You guys think he's still capable as a small forward or is he cooked?
Injury has kept him out this year for a while - hamstring - but he played for the first time in the development league last weekend. I get the impression he isn't in favour at Melbourne, so might do better in another team who will invest in his development. He never found much consistency as a small forward which is probably why he was dropped. I think as a junior he played midfield, so seemed to struggle from time to time looking like he knew what he was doing forward. I wouldn't say he is cooked, with time he might be valuable. But the question mark about his ability to become consistent and up his work rate is still there.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Injury has kept him out this year for a while - hamstring - but he played for the first time in the development league last weekend. I get the impression he isn't in favour at Melbourne, so might do better in another team who will invest in his development. He never found much consistency as a small forward which is probably why he was dropped. I think as a junior he played midfield, so seemed to struggle from time to time looking like he knew what he was doing forward. I wouldn't say he is cooked, with time he might be valuable. But the question mark about his ability to become consistent and up his work rate is still there.

I honestly think his ceiling is as a decent VFL inside mid
Alex Neal bullen has shown more as a small forward at AFL level

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I honestly think his ceiling is as a decent VFL inside mid
Alex Neal bullen has shown more as a small forward at AFL level
Yeah, I've never overflowing with faith in him. And his play is better suited to midfield - he's not a natural to get to the right places forward. But as a midfielder he's not quite AFL level. I can sort of see why we gave him a go, but I'm not sure it will work out.

Dec 18, 2002
demonwiki.org
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon, Atlanta Braves
Kennedy-Harris is welcome to find a new home if he wants. Too many similar types on our list who are better players. Got nothing against him, just dont think he will get a game with us anytime soon.

Neither Vardy or Vickery get me excited for reasons already stated. Are we that desperate for a forward ruck? Really? Suprised no one has mentioned Mitch Clark :p

What do you reckon guys? He's injury prone and s**t, a mixture of Vickery and Vardy, everyones happy then. I also hear he likes money, just like Daweshy. Man, he sounds likes right campaigner. :thumbsdown:

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Kennedy-Harris is welcome to find a new home if he wants. Too many similar types on our list who are better players. Got nothing against him, just dont think he will get a game with us anytime soon.
lets set him free like a wild blue Jay-KH, and allow him to enjoy the warm winds of Spring before at last folding his feathers on his last breath of winter.

You know you're getting old when you can post this stuff years after any drug experimentation

Dogs offered their second, Neeld demanded a first for his super awesome inside mid.
Ships off Stefan Martin for pick 182, demands first round pick for Bate. Craaaaaazy Neeldy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back