EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Cmon Deefer, give us something rather than a reaction. I'm hearing the natives are getting restless down in the village and only a premiership will ensure Mick gets to decide if he stays on. Keilor have thrown everything they have into this season and want some reward, otherwise it will be on down there. Remember the salary cap coming in next season includes the coaching panel, not that the league will be able to monitor all that.
Turbo suggest you research your info before your comment, wrong again !!
AFL Victoria extract:
Non Playing coaches - Payments made to a non-playing coach/coaching staff is not required to be included in a clubs Salary Cap.
Playing coaches - The coaching element of their remuneration must be specifically identified in the plying coaches contract. The coaching element must not exceed 50% of their total remuneration, to a maximum of $20,000 with remaining remuneration to be included in the clubs salary cap. Only one senior coach is allowed to have a component sit outside the salary cap.

Turbo suggest you research your info before your comment, wrong again !!
AFL Victoria extract:
Non Playing coaches - Payments made to a non-playing coach/coaching staff is not required to be included in a clubs Salary Cap.
Playing coaches - The coaching element of their remuneration must be specifically identified in the plying coaches contract. The coaching element must not exceed 50% of their total remuneration, to a maximum of $20,000 with remaining remuneration to be included in the clubs salary cap. Only one senior coach is allowed to have a component sit outside the salary cap.

Seriously mate do you think this makes any sense. Has it been changed since the first copy as I'm sure the original said coaches payments were included.

So a non playing coach is not included yet a playing coach has a max of 20k set aside for coaching aspect. So does that mean you can pay a non playing coach as much as you like.
The guys that wrote this system are absolute tools..
But I'm over all this points stuff and salary cap payments, but I agree something needs to change to pull back these big spending clubs from dominating leagues. I guess in some way the ladder positions are in line with club spenditure, allowing for injuries.

BTW- what do you guys talk about without my conversation. It seems Deefer, Sierra and the likes only sit back waiting for me to post something.

We need to hear more from Bang, Stax's, BlueJet, Outback, EDFL, Silver and the likes.. Lol

Might head up to Keilor Thursday night and have a few beers in front of the fire place and see what else I can find out..
Cheers

Mighty Mick is fielding offers , he will deny this but it is fact. His Preference is to stay at Keilor but he knows anything short of a Flag and he will be given his marching orders so he'd be silly not to hear what others have got to say. $50k to coach local footy , I mean bloody hell , keep that scam going as long as you can I say!!! Doutta's, Greenvale, yes - Crazyburn & Strathmore - only clubs with $50k to apply please!!!!!

Wallis - Close to VFL gig , been great for Doutta's but must take the VFL gig if it's there

Shannon Grant - As mentioned earlier, lots of rumblings down at Section Road - Expect him to be at Mores or Keilor 2017

Seriously mate do you think this makes any sense. Has it been changed since the first copy as I'm sure the original said coaches payments were included.

So a non playing coach is not included yet a playing coach has a max of 20k set aside for coaching aspect. So does that mean you can pay a non playing coach as much as you like.
But I'm over all this points stuff and salary cap payments, but I agree something needs to change to pull back these big spending clubs from dominating leagues. I guess in some way the ladder positions are in line with club spenditure, allowing for injuries.

BTW- what do you guys talk about without my conversation. It seems Deefer, Sierra and the likes only sit back waiting for me to post something.

We need to hear more from Bang, Stax's, BlueJet, Outback, EDFL, Silver and the likes.. Lol

Might head up to Keilor Thursday night and have a few beers in front of the fire place and see what else I can find out..
Cheers
turbo I just love your banter and story telling prowess and the opportunity it presents to respond. Excerpt was from most recent AFL/EDFL iteration on salary cap

turbo I just love your banter and story telling prowess and the opportunity it presents to respond. Excerpt was from most recent AFL/EDFL iteration on salary cap

All good buddy. Just a throw away line. If I'm correct your a Douttas boy, so you must be wrapped with their season thus far. They went out and recruited heavily but they all seem to be performing well.

Cmon Deefer, give us something rather than a reaction. I'm hearing the natives are getting restless down in the village and only a premiership will ensure Mick gets to decide if he stays on. Keilor have thrown everything they have into this season and want some reward, otherwise it will be on down there. Remember the salary cap coming in next season includes the coaching panel, not that the league will be able to monitor all that.
Notice you ignored both the questions, and came forward with another bit of incorrect data. If you do have contacts/sources at Keilor, you are being mislead, either by design or through ignorance of the people passing the info.

Notice you ignored both the questions, and came forward with another bit of incorrect data. If you do have contacts/sources at Keilor, you are being mislead, either by design or through ignorance of the people passing the info.

Bathie hasn't played for Keilor as much as previous years. The guy is a gun and rated by me as in the top 10 players in the comp.

Warren enjoying his footy at Pacco but like us all, does like the better weather of his hometown Queensland. But his pretty well set up in Melb these days so think his staying on to my knowledge but as your well aware with footy players things change all the time. He did promise he was going to take a hanger so I'm still waiting for him to jump up on someone's head soon. Maybe in the finals v Keilor to kick the winning goal.

Mick has fielded offers every year at Keilor. He will be out of his current agreement at end of season, effectively completing 9 years. I would expect that he has already met with the KFC senior ops and agreed on terms to complete his 10 years - a fantastic effort considering the offers I know he has turned down in the past. Irrespective of the salary cap Mick will not be a factor.

Mick has fielded offers every year at Keilor. He will be out of his current agreement at end of season, effectively completing 9 years. I would expect that he has already met with the KFC senior ops and agreed on terms to complete his 10 years - a fantastic effort considering the offers I know he has turned down in the past. Irrespective of the salary cap Mick will not be a factor.

Hey mate like your post but let's not hide the facts. His getting very well paid and the total package would be close to the highest paid metro/country coach in the country. Getting more than some VFL coaches at clubs like Coburg and Frankston I reckon.
Yes his one of the best coaches in the land and good luck to him. He could deserve all he gets as he does more than just coach on Sat and 2 nights training. In all honesty any club would welcome him but only certain clubs have that money to spend on a coach.
"What's a coach worth????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you can take everyone out, because mick isnt leaving keilor.

re appointed for a further 2 years

Ummm are you trying to stop the topic blue? Not sure it's true but if so why 2 years. If Keilor don't win it this year they will have underachieved in my opinion with their list and coaching panel..

Cheers
Turbo it makes sense that a non playing coach would not be under any restrictive payments, unless local footy want to bring in a cap on off field spending. BUT, if it is a playing coach, then allowing said coach only a specific amount outside of his onfield payments will make sure that clubs aren't paying well above what they probably can't afford already.

Ummm are you trying to stop the topic blue? Not sure it's true but if so why 2 years. If Keilor don't win it this year they will have underachieved in my opinion with their list and coaching panel..
you can take everyone out, because mick isnt leaving keilor.

re appointed for a further 2 years

Blue your right I just read it. Did the big footy world rattle Keilors cage and got Mick and extended contract with more $$. Hahaha..

Mick's shout I say..

So how does this work?
Russia track and field athletes are banned from olympics for drug cheating but are allowed to host they're own competition on other athletic tracks.
Yet Dustin Fletcher isn't allowed to even enter change rooms to watch his son play.

So how does this work?
Russia track and field athletes are banned from olympics for drug cheating but are allowed to host they're own competition on other athletic tracks.
Yet Dustin Fletcher isn't allowed to even enter change rooms to watch his son play.
I'm not sure what games they're playing in the change rooms down there but he's more than able to watch his son play footy..

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

So how does this work?
I'm not sure what games they're playing in the change rooms down there but he's more than able to watch his son play footy..

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Hey Haveachat, I'm not following the Olympics mate but agree the stringent rules around their suspensions go a bit to far. His allowed to watch but can't be in the change rooms, social rooms or enter the playing arena while games and training are on. That's my understanding!!

Believe the majority of players suspended are very angry with Essendon and some will never go back there. Interested to see where Fletch sits on that but gee it's done damage to a lot of people/families.

Hey Haveachat, I'm not following the Olympics mate but agree the stringent rules around their suspensions go a bit to far. His allowed to watch but can't be in the change rooms, social rooms or enter the playing arena while games and training are on. That's my understanding!!

Believe the majority of players suspended are very angry with Essendon and some will never go back there. Interested to see where Fletch sits on that but gee it's done damage to a lot of people/families.

So Turbo is Dusty playing for Douttas or Aberfeldie next year.

Who are the top 10 players in the Comp? Turbo you mentioned Bathie, interested to see who else you have in your top 10 and who others have.

Who are the top 10 players in the Comp? Turbo you mentioned Bathie, interested to see who else you have in your top 10 and who others have.

Interesting topic that always creates huge debate

I'm more interested in each teams most influential player. Think it's a better gauge on how important a particular player is to their sides fortunes

For mine
Abers - Ryan Allan - reads the play really well from defence and sets up a lot of Abers counter attack
Keilor - Browney - ability to have an impact around the ground as well as giving Keilors mids first use a lot of the time (closely followed by McGuane)
Paco - Foster - see Ryan Allan
Greenvale - Matt Smith - swing man who has the defensive capabilities to start their rebound from defence but can also go forward and have a massive impact (Fort close behind as probably best player in the comp at the moment)
Douttas - Close one but probably Veszpremi - he has the ability to play anywhere and is a nightmare for opposition coaches
Strathmore - Hamish - ability to hit the scoreboard as well as be a dominant ruckman - hard to match up on
Marby - Nick Prowse - have seen him a few times and when he's taking grabs he certainly makes Marby's forward line look a lot more dangerous
West Coburg - Tom Baravi - Classy mid who would probably be getting more recognition if he played at a top 4 club
Avondale Hts. - He's had a patchy season but think Clouston is their most important - his ability to play numerous positions and run like a mid is a real strength
Airport West - Jesse McVeigh - probably been their best player this season in an otherwise tough year

THis is my top 10 based purely on how hard they are to stop.

Lynch - Abers
F. Caruso - G/vale
Little - Strathmore
Bathie - Keilor
Galea - Keilor
Rose - AH
B. Ross - Pacco
Reimers - Abers
Toy - Abers
Cartelli - Keilor

Apologies to Allen, Blackwell, Mclean, McVeigh brothers, Cravino, Campisano, Lower, Brewer, De Luca, Gourdis, Browne, McGuane, Hollow, Vearing, Warren, Harris, Urquhart, Lewis, McIntosh, Iacobucci, Arrowsmith, Baravi, Bzenic, Yelland

Would like to raise a discussion
Who would you rate as the premier foward in the comp

Keilor - Galea
AH - Rose
Pascoe - Warren
Abers - Reimers

Even though Galea is leading the competition would someone like Rose kick 100 if he was in a team like Keilor with many scoring oppurtunities ? Reimers best goal average ?

Apparently they cannot even play in golf comps if they're a member at any course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back