MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That moment you realise Tim Membrey is having a better year than Jack Watts
Only in terms of goals scored (+3) and that's because he's a stay at home forward. Watts is flogging him in marks and disposals.

Regardless, he has become a decent AFL player this year. Has kicked more goals than Wingard, Darling, Dixon, daniher, Rioli. Doesn't make me feel any better he kicked bags against us

Only in terms of goals scored (+3) and that's because he's a stay at home forward. Watts is flogging him in marks and disposals.

Regardless, he has become a decent AFL player this year. Has kicked more goals than Wingard, Darling, Dixon, daniher, Rioli. Doesn't make me feel any better he kicked bags against us

Actually its cause Membrey missed the first 5 rounds or something, on Average he is kicking more goals, taking more marks contested and I50 than Watts
Not saying Watts is a bad player, Membrey is surprisingly good

Actually its cause Membrey missed the first 5 rounds or something, on Average he is kicking more goals, taking more marks contested and I50 than Watts
Not saying Watts is a bad player, Membrey is surprisingly good

A lot of people rated him in his draft year, did a lot right - had a speed/power combo that the Saints seem to have targeted.

A lot of people rated him in his draft year, did a lot right - had a speed/power combo that the Saints seem to have targeted.

Garry Lyon always said on MMM to watch out for this kid if he ever gets a game at Sydney, hes the prototype 3rd tall forward in the AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent they were calling out Cameron on the radio today for always trying to get one over the back, you called it a while ago so credit where its due.

He's not the only one, forward craft is abysmal at the moment in general
Hogan's one of the few forwards who's better at leading at the ball carrier still

He's not the only one, forward craft is abysmal at the moment in general
Hogan's one of the few forwards who's better at leading at the ball carrier still

Even Hogan gets caught trying to get the one out the back, which is frustrating because his best footy is when he leads up the ground and utilizes his huge tank.

Even Hogan gets caught trying to get the one out the back, which is frustrating because his best footy is when he leads up the ground and utilizes his huge tank.
Unfortunately it's unrewarded footy. Unless you are Darcy Moore.

Its frustrating when there's an I50 that doesn't work and you can see hogan pointing over his shoulder like you should have kicked it over the back, it's like NO you should be giving him an easy kick not a hard one

Its frustrating when there's an I50 that doesn't work and you can see hogan pointing over his shoulder like you should have kicked it over the back, it's like NO you should be giving him an easy kick not a hard one

Was a prime example against the Crows. It was either Stretch or Jetta who got it just behind centre, and instead of leading at him, Hogan runs back into the 50. Now both of those guys are good kicks, but they aren't massive kicks (Would have had to have been a 55m kick at least). It boggles my mind that forwards don't seem to know how far their teammates can kick sometimes.

Brown had a really good lead tonight, started running back towards goals, defender lost contact, turned on a dime and presented an easy target, defender never had a chance. Textbook stuff.

Brown had a really good lead tonight, started running back towards goals, defender lost contact, turned on a dime and presented an easy target, defender never had a chance. Textbook stuff.

So many times I watch them sprint back towards and open goal square and think if you stop and turn back towards the kicker you will have the easiest chest mark of your life
They talk about someone like Lockett struggling in modern footy but if he had the amount of space to turn and lead these guys get he would still kick bags

I think the continual goals over the back will get sorted out in the next 12 months or so, trends like these always do. Geelong is probably leading the way with leaving defenders deep at the moment, hence them beating Adelaide twice.

Its so easy to stop aswell? Like I can't believe Geelong did it so easily and no one else has really tried it against them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back