Traded Cameron McCarthy [traded to Fremantle with picks 7, 33 and 71 for pick 3]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah you're tracking along beautifully for finals in 2020.
I didn't realise Carlisle only came to Saints on a 1 year contract. Awesome work too, to have Essendon pay his one year contract. You really won that deal.

Glad you got Gresham at pick 18. I heard he'd go at pick 1, so yeah you did extremely well he lasted that deep.

Just 4 more years of killing it at that draft table and your 2020 vision may become a reality.

Careful with McCartin. One more head knock and he'd wish all he had was a one year wrist injury.

peppe do you want to show your concern about injury trolling again?

paddy will be fine

but again this all off topic. why would hawthorn be interested in balic, when they could have selected him if they wanted him in the last draft? now that he hasnt recovered from an injury is still out of contract and could for free in the next off-season, why would they trade for him?

paddy will be fine

but again this all off topic. why would hawthorn be interested in balic, when they could have selected him if they wanted him in the last draft? now that he hasnt recovered from an injury is still out of contract and could for free in the next off-season, why would they trade for him?
It's stupid to suggest they weren't keen on him because they didn't draft him. They got Lovell and Ryan Burton with their earlier picks, what's to say they didn't rate Balic as the next best player after that? Of course this is going around in a circle of hypotheticals. Balic if he gets his injuries right will be a good young player, was rated very highly pre draft and the wrist is the only reason he slid so far.

paddy will be fine

Injury trolling? You mentioned Balic with a wrist injury and how dumb a club Freo was for selecting him.
Idiot.

paddy will be fine

They wouldn't be interested in him. But from reports his wrist is sorted. It was obviously a gamble, but we took on all the risk. I'd argue why would we even consider trading him after giving him every opportunity to play AFL.

Go back to trolling anyway.

They wouldn't be interested in him. But from reports his wrist is sorted. It was obviously a gamble, but we took on all the risk. I'd argue why would we even consider trading him after giving him every opportunity to play AFL.

Go back to trolling anyway.
If he is all sorted why isnt he playing then? Hasnt been seen since he was drafted...

And if hawthorn wouldnt be interested in him why would you put him in your hypothetical trade?

Because it's a hypothetical...
A hypothetical he admits hawthorn will not be interested in....

Yet you guys continually crack it over some of the GWS hypotheticals

Atleast some of them are remotely possible or they believe they are. Hes throwing up stuff he doesnt even believe is possible

A hypothetical he admits hawthorn will not be interested in....

Yet you guys continually crack it over some of the GWS hypotheticals

Atleast some of them are remotely possible or they believe they are. Hes throwing up stuff he doesnt even believe is possible
Why are you worrying about the Dockers? There is a Saints game happening as we speak.

paddy will be fine

so.. because every club could have selected Nat Fyfe in the draft, it's safe to assume no one wants him... Most. Flawed. Logic. Ever.

Rofl say what... that has to be the stupidest thing ive read on bigfooty

Not really you just fail to see the comparison in your post about Balic

You claim if the Hawks wanted Balic they would've drafted him,

Fyfe went in the 20's, meaning every team passed on him

It really isn't that hard

Not really you just fail to see the comparison in your post about Balic

You claim if the Hawks wanted Balic they would've drafted him,

Fyfe went in the 20's, meaning every team passed on him

It really isn't that hard
Lol yeh it is. Spot the difference between the two players... heres a hint its something to do with why fyfe was playing senior football in his first year and why peel is naming balic in the wafl reserves but isnt playing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol yeh it is. Spot the difference between the two players... heres a hint its something to do with why fyfe was playing senior football in his first year and why peel is naming balic in the wafl reserves but isnt playing him.
yeah balic is such a spud! cant even get a game when he is injured....

The fact that you have already written off a player after one season says a lot about how much you hate freo. Defacto
Funny thing is i really rate balic... go read the saints board during the draft if you dont believe me

just repeating what i was told by a freo supporter about balic and how the club stuffed up his selection

theres only one person who thinks hawthorn would be interested in him

Last edited:
Funny thing is i really rate balic... go read the saints board during the draft if you dont believe me

just repeating what i was told by a freo supporter about balic and how the club stuffed up his selection

theres only one person who thinks hawthorn would be interested in him
You rate him but think we were stupid for picking him up.

You rate him but think we were stupid for picking him up.

was told you were expecting adams to be available at your pick, when the doggies took him you then took balic, but you hadnt spent much time on him as you didnt think he would be available at your pick. then when he got to your club they discovered the full extent of his wrist injury

told that by a freo fan for what its worth

was told you were expecting adams to be available at your pick, when the doggies took him you then took balic, but you hadnt spent much time on him as you didnt think he would be available at your pick. then when he got to your club they discovered the full extent of his wrist injury

told that by a freo fan for what its worth

Do you honestly believe any club would draft a player without doing due diligence ?

Do you honestly believe any club would draft a player without doing due diligence ?

of course not, but then again clubs tend to get caught out from time to time and then people question where the due diligence was. all clubs check its just a question of how much time they put into it and if they are able to unearth the issues that are there. for example with my club they had done numerous checks on carlisle, spent a bunch of time on him but still they were not aware of the snapchat video from the week before. it happens.

given it was a freo poster who said it, it gave it some weight. why else would freo pick a bloke who's wrist is that bad that he hasnt played a game of football all year, especially when they were drafting for immediate impact?

in any case, maybe we need a balic thread now because this is so far off topic its not funny. the only point i was making is that hawthorn will have no interest in balic and even if they did, he literally has little to no value what so ever given his issues

Last edited:
I still think McCarthy is worth a late first round pick. One year out injured, even with injury concerns, should not wipe that much value off that he's now worth a pick in the 30's as some suggest.

I still think McCarthy is worth a late first round pick. One year out injured, even with injury concerns, should not wipe that much value off that he's now worth a pick in the 30's as some suggest.
Cam McCarthy, contracted young gun key forward taken in the first round in his draft year is worth a pick in the 30's.

Ed Langdon, uncontracted small forward taken in the 50's, who has played 5 good games in two years, is worth pick 25 from Collingwood.

Freo logic :drunk:

Cam McCarthy, contracted young gun key forward taken in the first round in his draft year is worth a pick in the 30's.

Ed Langdon, uncontracted small forward taken in the 50's, who has played 5 good games in two years, is worth pick 25 from Collingwood.

Freo logic :drunk:

By your logic Nat Fyfe was taken with pick #20 so that's what he is worth now :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back