TV/Video Footage of Poker (or of poker players)

Remove this Banner Ad

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Watching Premier League Poker this week - is Jungleman the most awkward live player going around? Every time I see him play live he makes numerous procedural mistakes and comes across as really uncomfortable interacting with real people - already in just the first heat he mucked a winner after Siever tabled an airball and later tried to raise out of SB without realising that Koon (UTG) had shoved all-in. I swear the Friday night low-limit drunks can follow the action better than Jungleman.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I believe the Ivey interview will air between 4pm and 5pm AEDT.

Then it's a question of finding it online, hopefully either youtube or pokertube. Or even on twitter.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Pokerstars Shark Cage - Heat 1 of 8 (published on Oct 22, 2014)
- Jennifer Harman, Jason Alexander, Phil Laak, Lex Veldhuis, Tony Dunst and online qualifier Gareth Coles

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvZlja2OPoK_d9t9WgQFNPffDWw9kfLLt

"Players must make sure they don't get bluffed/their bluffs get through - otherwise they do time in the cage."

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
unlisted videos, 6-Max $50-$100 PLO, German audio

Probably a bunch of other unlisted videos in this series, if I find them, will post links.

Last edited:

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Have they stopped playing the 48 hour Party Poker big game? Foxtel used to show it every year, but nothing this year.
Foxtel? The guys who put the same bloody generic "know when to hold them" description for every single poker program they broadcast?

Sorry, needed the rant. Can't answer your question though. I'd suggest Googling it.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yet to watch. I believe it's pretty weird.

In a world where the line between dream and reality is blurred, an ambitious young gambler plays to win a high stakes underground poker game in a sports car warehouse when Lady Luck materializes into an irresistibly seductive woman. She takes him on a surreal adventure where he meets the players at the table as magicians, scarecrows and fantasy characters who challenge his every move into the next hand. His dream turns into a nightmare as he hits a bad beat in the game, on tilt and with his fortune, pride and dream car in the pot and Lady Luck within his reach, he makes the toughest call of his life.

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
When is the main event being played on ESPN?

From memory it normally starts around late August early September ? leading in to the November 9.
IIRC, they usually go into it pretty much straight after the final table is determined (showing some earlier events before getting into the main).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back