MLB Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I completely understand that whilst it might not have been condoned it was almost pushed under the carpet, as if no one wanted to know what was going on. I hear stories of the Jose and Mark era at Oakland when bottles of something were in lockers for everyone to see. But no one said a word.
Or the old Greenies that players use to take.

My stance with ARod is a very strong one. That he never owned up. He came out in interviews and tried to end one female reporters career for evening questioning him Selena Roberts. Then when the evidence got too much. He only owned up to the Texas years, when rumors were rife of his time at Seattle. And the Yankees havent exactly been clean skins in that area either. I dont believe a word that has come out of his mouth and never will. Compare him to how Andy Pettite handled it. He put his hand up, owned up to doing wrong and moved on. ARod has and always will be a selfish obnoxious cheat in my book.

Great post and agree 100%

I didn't want to start a new thread but Australia got absolutely walloped by Mexico in the Little League World Series 10-0 this morning, to the point that the match was called after just four innings. Australia beat Europe-Africa 3-1 in the first game last week, lost its game to Panama 3-2, then beat the Caribbean region 2-1 then was eliminated by Mexico this morning.

http://www.llbws.org/media/news/Mexico-Region-Eliminates-Australia-Region-10-0.htm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn Kyle Hendricks took a no-hitter into the 9th and then gave up a homer. Feel bad for him, but what a great performance and an incredibly impressive pitcher. He has stuff to become the best in the game, still such a young guy.

Joe West makes it about himself yet again. He had a hissy fit because we were trying to have a meeting at the mound after the homer, knowing that the Cubs were buying some time before bringing in Chapman, which is just stupid in itself because you can have a mound meeting at any time. We didn't need West's permission to do so and then he ejected Joe Maddon. Joe West really needs to retire

Last edited:
So close, Kyle, so close. :(

I was actually on the phone with a friend in Melbourne at the top of the 9th. I told her what was happening including using the words "no hitter", so you can blame it on me. I hate myself. :'(

The Yankees are going to be pretty good in a couple of years. The angels are going to be in the mire for a while

Besides a potential free agent run at Bryce Harper and Short Stop Didi Gregorious the rest of the Outfield players are likely to come from thier farm system too.
Sanchez Bird Judge Frazier Rutherford Torres Mateo Austin Refsynder etc

Not sure if any of you bet on the MLB but I've gone live with my betting and here are the first 3 weeks results for the MLB - Up over 20 units in 3 weeks.

Looking forward to playoffs this year, hopefully the Cubs can actually produce in the playoffs this season.

My nephew is going to Thursday evening's game at Wrigley in hope that the Cubs clinch the division. I guess I'll just have to wait for when we clinch the NL pennant. :p

I was there at Wrigley last year to see the Mets win it. :(

Quite often teams that clinche early do nothing in post season. I prefer to clinche late and ride the momentum. You would still think with their powerful lineup they should be ok though.

It hasn't happened as I thought. Since clinching some guys have had off-days but for the most part Joe has played our best team most games. Better to ride the momentum tbf. I'd like to see a bullpen game in one of the last couple games of the regular season if I am totally honest.

My braves showing a little bit the 2nd half, well the offense is anyway. Pitching is still an issue. However things looking better of next year. Anyone see Inciate rob a homerun to win the game against the mets? Brilliant

Yeah, that was awesome!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back