Modern Day Event Space Exploration thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How did life arise on earth? - answer - we don't know. We can see relationships between some forms of inorganic and organic matter, but how the jump is made is still a mystery.

Maybe it is a very common occurrence - maybe it is an incalculable fluke. But the Mediocrity Principle is nothing like an absolute.

Trying to guage any 'possibilities' from a single example is ludicrous. There is no evidence of life on any other planets (at least none that stands up to the slightest investigation), but then, knowing what we do of the laws that seem to govern the universe, we probably wouldn't expect to see any. The physical distances are too vast. Absence of evidence is certainly not evidence of absence, true, but many people who may actually be interested in the subject of extra-terrestrial life get frustrated when statements like 'How did we build the Pyramids'? and 'If you can't explain this fuzzy photograph, it must be aliens!" are offered up.

Most people are of the belief that we just don't know right now. And since it seems likely that there has been no human-alien contact in recorded history (except the pyramids, of course:rolleyes:), it is likely that we probably won't know in our lifetimes.

True whatever kick started everything is a mystery.
However scientists have successfully re-created the building blocks of life in a lab environment.
Theoretically I think the sheer weight of numbers of planets & galaxies says that life would be plentiful throughout the universe.
Theoretically that same special something could have occurred elsewhere in the universe over such a large period of time.
Even if each galaxy had only one intelligent species occupying it the universe would still be teaming with life.

No human-alien contact throughout history is arguable.
There is a lot of smoke & mirrors on this subject and if there has been contact
The elite has done a great job of covering up any possible incidents or contact.
The countless occurrences of possible E.T. contact are usually met with derision and ridicule.
So even if anything of note ever happens it gets swept under the rug and forgotten about.

maryufoclose.jpg

iYUoY.jpg

pr6UP.jpg

pym9O.jpg

1hy49.jpg

mountwashington1870large.jpg

The photo above was taken in 1870 before there was any man made flying objects.

la42large.jpg

microbes_001.jpg

Potential microbes from space were found fossilised on this meteorite in Antarctica.

A scientist involved on the Viking landers mission insists he found evidence of simple life on Mars.
Allegedly he was told to ''play it down'' and the findings are hotly debated to this day.

http://www.space.news/2015-10-07-nasa-covers-up-proof-of-life-on-mars-in-1976.html

Also i do hold high hopes of life albeit most likely not human-like intelligent life in our own solar system.
Many of the gas-giants moons would be absolute havens for microbial all the way to animal life to arise.
Massive oceans with more than water than on the whole Earth that has been sitting there for billions of years.
Places like Titan could be a host to strange life that has adapted to it's environment.
Scientists have seen early signs that there could be something living in the methane lakes of Titan.
Mars could also still have life, we know now that it still has water and it could be flourishing with microbes underneath the surface.
Plus the fact high levels of methane are detected in the Martian atmosphere, which on Earth usually come from living things...

I'll share these videos.

u mean a full 360 degree view of what a guy thinks sand dunes on mars would probably look like reflected to the extent that he's able to create that on a computer, yeah?

What the hell are you on about?
You know there is the Curiosity Rover on the surface of Mars right now right?

I just want my interstellar spaceship already dammit

Sadly i think we'll be lucky to see man on Mars in our lifetime.

How cool would it be to be born in 2500 or something?
Although i much rather be around in this time than medieval times or the dark ages lol.

Although i much rather be around in this time than medieval times or the dark ages lol.
Sadly I don't think interstellar is possible for a range of reason beyond the whole fuel issue. Would need some new physics discoveries along with a new form of energy (my bet is on fusion).

Oh well I guess I can always play no man sky to live out my dream a little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Civilization won't exist 500 years from now

Me
"We haven't already travelled the cosmos"

You quoted my post?

Usually when I log on to bigfooty I just have to scroll through the dozens and dozens and dozens of likes I accrue, in the hope that someone actually DARED to quote me, and poke the bear.

Well, firstly, judos to you for daring to. And secondly, I shall mourn for you, for you shall surely suicide immediately upon reading my rebuttal to your reply:

You see, we certainly have travelled the cosmos, and the evidence, if you consider it carefully, is indisputable; IE: I said so.

You quoted my post?

Usually when I log on to bigfooty I just have to scroll through the dozens and dozens and dozens of likes I accrue, in the hope that someone actually DARED to quote me, and poke the bear.

Well, firstly, judos to you for daring to. And secondly, I shall mourn for you, for you shall surely suicide immediately upon reading my rebuttal to your reply:

You see, we certainly have travelled the cosmos, and the evidence, if you consider it carefully, is indisputable; IE: I said so.
This is the space exploration not sexual orientation exploration thread.
I don't care that you're a fat hairy gay dude man,I'll do no such poking at all.

You quoted my post?

With 5 brats running around I'm shocked you find the time really

This is the space exploration not sexual orientation exploration thread.
I don't care that you're a fat hairy gay dude man,I'll do no such poking at all.

Gay? Wherever did you get that from? Do you see gayness in everything? When you go to the butcher and look at the sausages, do you feel like you want to fellate one?

I'm getting worried about you man. Should we start calling you Stephen Hille?

NTTAWWT

Gay? Wherever did you get that from? Do you see gayness in everything? When you go to the butcher and look at the sausages, do you feel like you want to fellate one?

I'm getting worried about you man. Should we start calling you Stephen Hille?

NTTAWWT
I'm not really a massive fan of sausages to be honest.
I do a pretty good Cassoulet which we put some sausages in.
We do a great Puy Lentil and sausage dish:
I have the genetic disposition of high cholesterol,so eating more than 1 or 2 at a time is probably my limit.
One thing that does make me a little giddy,perhaps even gay,is the fact that it's fast approaching if not already,bbq time.
I'm not a fan of winter apart from footy.
Happy Father's Day mate:thumbsu:

I'm not really a massive fan of sausages to be honest.
I do a pretty good Cassoulet which we put some sausages in.
We do a great Puy Lentil and sausage dish:
I have the genetic disposition of high cholesterol,so eating more than 1 or 2 at a time is probably my limit.
One thing that does make me a little giddy,perhaps even gay,is the fact that it's fast approaching if not already,bbq time.
I'm not a fan of winter apart from footy.
Happy Father's Day mate:thumbsu:

BBQ's make one gay? Now I'm confused. Next you'll be telling me that there's gay people in the military!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back