List Mgmt. 2016 Trade, Draft and free agency news (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole Vickery concept is really makng me sick...and angry. I hate the guy and think he is garbage. It absolutely pains me to think of him wearing a Hawthorn jumper. I get he fills a need. But he is a crap unlikeable player.

I wasn't a huge wrap for him at Richmond but know what he did and was capable of as a junior which was pure quality. I think if we get him on a contract that is almost like a chess game to see what Richmond does, maybe an amount around $300-$350 then it becomes a bit of wait and see what Richmond does. If they match it then Hawks walk away not worried, if not they get a guy who will at least compete in the air in that 20m out in the forward 50. This guy had a very high ceiling when he was drafted and I agree he hasn't got off the ground yet but if its a 2, maybe 3 year deal and he doesn't do a lot in that time but we get him on low money then I would be willing to see and back in our coaching staff to get the best out of him going forward.

One thing I do think is that he will need to change his defensive attitude though, if you dont chase and tackle coming out of the forward 50m arch at Hawthorn you'll find yourself in Box Hill's development squad quickly

I wasn't a huge wrap for him at Richmond but know what he did and was capable of as a junior which was pure quality. I think if we get him on a contract that is almost like a chess game to see what Richmond does, maybe an amount around $300-$350 then it becomes a bit of wait and see what Richmond does. If they match it then Hawks walk away not worried, if not they get a guy who will at least compete in the air in that 20m out in the forward 50. This guy had a very high ceiling when he was drafted and I agree he hasn't got off the ground yet but if its a 2, maybe 3 year deal and he doesn't do a lot in that time but we get him on low money then I would be willing to see and back in our coaching staff to get the best out of him going forward.

One thing I do think is that he will need to change his defensive attitude though, if you dont chase and tackle coming out of the forward 50m arch at Hawthorn you'll find yourself in Box Hill's development squad quickly

We're holding onto what he did as a junior?? How long has he been in the league? 7/8/9 years?

May as well bring Dowler and Mitch Thorp back on that logic.

We're holding onto what he did as a junior?? How long has he been in the league? 7/8/9 years?

May as well bring Dowler and Mitch Thorp back on that logic.

Not saying I'm holding onto it, not even saying he will ever get close to what he could have and lets face it should have been. Just stating that with the right leaders around him and better coaching he has the ability to produce far better than anything he has shown at Richmond

All this comparing Hale to Vickery is rubbish.

Hale showed glimpses for North as a ruck and as a forward and that's why we took him.

Vickery has shown a few glimpses as a forward only.

To suggest because he is tall that he will become a ruck/forward for us then we are dreaming.

I am very worried about picking him up and have been horrified at times with his efforts on the ground for Richmond along with his body language.

I'm hearing we're keen on Vardy. Apparently he is out the door at cats.

I've been pretty dejected since Crouch re-signed. The continued talk of Vickery, and now off this guy, about Vardy, I'm trying to think of ways I can enjoy footy. I'd much rather just go to the draft, build a core group then go FA in 2017/2018.

The knee and concussion were what caused the backup ruck depth to be non existent. Did you want them to carry 5 just in case?

Big men that can be afl standard ruck depth are rare As hens teeth. Fitz was cheap insurance that still could pay off, whether he is here next year really depends on what irons the club has in the fire and whether he wants to go again after the concussion (assuming he does or he wouldn't be playing now)
Fitz and Pitt are ruckmen in name only at this stage. The proof will be in the pudding this finals campaign, but we'll see something this weekend. In effect we went into the season with 3 ruckmen, and what Roughie would have been able to give us.

At this stage, I'd even be looking to redraft Grimley as a backup ruckman before relying on Fitz next year. Given his history of head knoks it'd be pure folly to go into next season counting on him as backup again.

So, first things first. I don't know Ty Vickery but our paths crossed tonight and I asked him straight out, "are you coming to Hawthorn?" He sheepishly laughed and said, "we'll just have to wait and see". The convo then went like this:

ME: no really, are you coming across?
TY: well that's the dream isn't it?
ME: do you prefer to play forward or ruck?
TY: prefer forward and pinch hit in the ruck, but that might change a bit with what happened to Ceglar on the weekend
ME: So I guess I only need to boo you for one more week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said on 7 news that O'Meara likely to stay. We have thrown a net for tuna and ended up with flathead.

The Suns have a truck load of young talent and if they get things right and some luck with injury they will fly back up the ladder very fast.

If Omeara has been offered 750k a year and the best he can get in Victoria at the moment is 500k a year then why wouldn't you stay and see if you can get your body right and play a part in something special?

So, first things first. I don't know Ty Vickery but our paths crossed tonight and I asked him straight out, "are you coming to Hawthorn?" He sheepishly laughed and said, "we'll just have to wait and see". The convo then went like this:

ME: no really, are you coming across?
TY: well that's the dream isn't it?
ME: do you prefer to play forward or ruck?
TY: prefer forward and pinch hit in the ruck, but that might change a bit with what happened to Ceglar on the weekend
ME: So I guess I only need to boo you for one more week
Thanks for posting mate. Always appreciate any real insights!

If we don't manage to land at least 1 young gun mid then I'm really concerned about our future.

Let's not kid ourselves. Our midfield would be in the bottom 4 midfields if you take out Mitch and have an ageing Lewis in 2 years time. Let's hope Mitchell can go for another 5 years haha.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

If we don't manage to land at least 1 young gun mid then I'm really concerned about our future.

Let's not kid ourselves. Our midfield would be in the bottom 4 midfields if you take out Mitch and have an ageing Lewis in 2 years time. Let's hope Mitchell can go for another 5 years haha.

Yeah if we don't land anyone our midfield is totally ****ed come 2018.

Say that JOM does stay and they miss out on Mitchell as some reports are suggesting, however I feel like I have heard this week somewhere that he is still far from signed and that him and the Swans aren't any closer Don't quote me on that because I can't remember where that was!!

The next concern is that they go and pick up someone just because they think they need to. Could bully Richmond like we did with StKilda last year

I don't think we'll get JOM and all the talk on the radio is that TM is closer to staying.

Vickery will be the big marquee signing I reckon.

I personally thought BB was a poor ruckman at the Saints, I haven't seen anything to suggest since he has come across that he is better than that. Like I said, he is a bull with a big heart but that's about it.

Agreed on Fitzpatrick.

Reports on Pittonets performance in the 2s isn't to flash either, we look light on. Time for BB to show us that big hear for the next 4-5 weeks!

Agree on BB, that he ain't the best ruckman that we have ever had. Even that he wasnt A grade when he was at the Saints. We knew that. But were we looking for A grade when we nabbed him? He has a big tank, and a big heart, and can be mighty competitive round the ground. Used in combo, we can grind the oppo down and negate them. We've seen him (and Cegs) play rippers. Besides that, he has runs on the board the last 2 seasons, including 2 finals series. No question about his current value to us.

If anything, BBs value has gone up considerably over the last week. He's unsigned, and we need him more than ever. Our sole recognised ruckman. What would happen if some other club were to take, or even feign interest in him? Absolute required player. Almost irreplaceable in our current situation.

I have no knowledge both in general and specifically of who might join but it is amusing to gauge reactions to rumours fed by media. My brother is a sports sub editor currently in Perth who is "advised" what pushes button and when when planning stories. Currently JOM is big in Victoria especially with the reigning premiers rumoured to be keen and in need. TV station and club have recent run in, TV station run story that will cause negativity around said club but also generate interest for themselves.

Not to say JOM won't stay (and for
Mine I think he will leave) but I'm for waiting and seeing. The alternative is the Premier League here in UK - the actual season now gets in the way of the transfer window! The latter sells more papers, clicks and TVs daytime coverage midweek!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back