Review Round 21, 2016: Box Hill Hawks v Casey Scorpions, 27 August 2016, 2.00pm @ BHCO

Jan 9, 2007
Country Vic
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Best players and goals according to http://www.foxsportspulse.com below:

BOX HILL HAWKS

Goal Kickers: W. Langford 3, M. Spangher 2, B. Hardwick 2, K. Stewart
Best Players: D. Howe, W. Langford, D. Mirra, D. Willsmore, M. Spangher, M. O''Donnell
CASEY SCORPIONS
Goal Kickers: B. Kennedy 3, C. Pedersen 3, D. Terlich 2, V. Michie 2, J. Spencer
Best Players: V. Michie, B. Kennedy, A. Neal-Bullen, L. Dunn, J. Grimes, C. Oliver

Jan 9, 2007
Country Vic
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
And the Development League...

BOX HILL HAWKS
Goal Kickers: P. Lawlor 3, J. Firns 2, J. Walker 2, J. Lewis, C. Glass, J. Summers, M. Traynor
Best Players: A. Brolic, P. Lawlor, J. Walker, L. Kidd, J. Summers, J. Fisher
CASEY SCORPIONS
Goal Kickers: J. Freeman 2, M. King 2, K. Wilson, T. Baker, D. Collis, B. Fritsch, T. Wyatt
Best Players: Y. Jaffer-Williams, K. Wilson, D. Collis, J. Briggs, T. Wyatt, L. Beacom

Spang was good today. Heartbreak his body is so stuffed.

Kurt again did everything he needed to. Kid is great.

Howe as always a standout at this level.

I am going to say stewart will be gone at the end of next year. Seen enough.

Webster if we can keep him for 1 more i would. Has pace and intensity.

Jor no.good.

Willsmore usual without influencing the game.

Hardwick i was suggesting he be delisted then had a good 15 mins. Is clearly playing in a side that plays such different footy to what he knows from juniors.

Brand ordinary as was obrien.

Swita is a star.

Surman needs.another preseason.l

Great melee in the 3rd. Webster and hardwick flew the flag very very aggressively which was great to see andthe little man switta.

Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Spang was good today. Heartbreak his body is so stuffed.

Kurt again did everything he needed to. Kid is great.

Howe as always a standout at this level.

I am going to say stewart will be gone at the end of next year. Seen enough.

Webster if we can keep him for 1 more i would. Has pace and intensity.

Jor no.good.

Willsmore usual without influencing the game.

Hardwick i was suggesting he be delisted then had a good 15 mins. Is clearly playing in a side that plays such different footy to what he knows from juniors.

Brand ordinary as was obrien.

Swita is a star.

Surman needs.another preseason.l

Great melee in the 3rd. Webster and hardwick flew the flag very very aggressively which was great to see andthe little man switta.

Thanks for your report but with all due respect I'm completely against your assessment of Kade Stewart.

Kid tackles like a beast, can kick goals and is versatile. It's these attributes that got him an AFL debut out of nowhere in a top 8 (maybe top 4) side even despite his small size.

He has a tendency to drift in and out of games, and by all accounts had a bad game yesterday. But to suggest he'll be gone after one bad game in an otherwise promising season for a rookie-in which he played three AFL games and earned himself a contract extension-is pretty ordinary.

YNoge2K.png

jk2k8HH.png

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
And the Development League...

BOX HILL HAWKS
Goal Kickers: P. Lawlor 3, J. Firns 2, J. Walker 2, J. Lewis, C. Glass, J. Summers, M. Traynor
Best Players: A. Brolic, P. Lawlor, J. Walker, L. Kidd, J. Summers, J. Fisher
CASEY SCORPIONS
Goal Kickers: J. Freeman 2, M. King 2, K. Wilson, T. Baker, D. Collis, B. Fritsch, T. Wyatt
Best Players: Y. Jaffer-Williams, K. Wilson, D. Collis, J. Briggs, T. Wyatt, L. Beacom
Did anyone watch this game?
I am curious as to how max King went

daniel23

Club Legend
Mar 19, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Looking at those player stats it clearly indicates how we are in desperate need of mids. All of Melbourne's racked up high numbers, besides Woody when he is playing no one consistently get high numbers.

Without seeing the game Looks like O'Rourke had another stinker how can you only get 16 possessions as probably our number one midfielder down there and no tackles. The guy needs a seriously harsh end of season review.

Thanks for your report but with all due respect I'm completely against your assessment of Kade Stewart.

Kid tackles like a beast, can kick goals and is versatile. It's these attributes that got him an AFL debut out of nowhere in a top 8 (maybe top 4) side even despite his small size.

He has a tendency to drift in and out of games, and by all accounts had a bad game yesterday. But to suggest he'll be gone after one bad game in an otherwise promising season for a rookie-in which he played three AFL games and earned himself a contract extension-is pretty ordinary.
It isnt an assessment based on one bad game. Not sure he is the player that people think he is thats all. I think he will struggle to play consistently at afl level based on how he plays.

Did anyone watch this game?
I am curious as to how max King went
Max first came to my attention when he showed great pace to break clear and run into an open goal. He took one strong mark and generally handled to ball cleanly. Whilst he didn't impose himself on the game what he did was quality and he looked an exciting prospect as a mobile, agile and clean ball handling 200cm KPP. He will be a player to watch in the finals.

Conor Glass continues to show some exciting snippets of his natural ability. He kicked a great goal from around 35 metres when he was in a pack of around 4 other players. He gathered the ball and kicked the ball when a small hole appeared and his team mates ran from everywhere to celebrate the goal. Early in the game he out bodied a 24 year old 195cm 100 kg player when he moved him under a high long kick into the goal square. Generally his field kicking was very good. Naturally Conor is still finding his way when it comes to team structures and knowing when to run to the ball and when to hold back. That will come with experience and confidence and he is an exciting prospect.

Spangh played 5 minutes to qualify for the development finals and L Langers and JML didn't have a major impact on the game.

Abruzzi

Debutant
May 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
PSV Eindhoven, Milan
Any news on Woodward?

What I'm hearing isn't good :(

Hollarmarshall

Draftee
Jul 9, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Looking at those player stats it clearly indicates how we are in desperate need of mids. All of Melbourne's racked up high numbers, besides Woody when he is playing no one consistently get high numbers.

Without seeing the game Looks like O'Rourke had another stinker how can you only get 16 possessions as probably our number one midfielder down there and no tackles. The guy needs a seriously harsh end of season review.
JOR spent entire game on wing. Langford forward. Neither registered a tackle.

Langers had a great game but still has the same issues by hand and foot can't get within 15 of his teammates. Several times yesterday langers streamed forward with the ball only to kick it to the opposition or handball it over. Dissapointing part of an otherwise good game.

Howe is just too good for this level played everywhere yesterday and had an impact.

The Spangh is working his way into the qualifying final

I though Litherland was good defensively and provided run and carry and desperation.

Brand didn't do his chances any good by losing one on ones and getting beaten on the lead. Lacked intensity.

Webster like Langers turned the ball over when he got it. Could have been really affective had he been better with his disposal. He was hard at the ball and man and laid some really good tackles. His disposal needs work. His problem has been continuity he is finally getting some games and the season has come to an end. I wonder if he survives the cut.

JOR tried hard i thought but just doesn't impact the contest or game.

TOB ineffectual just got pushed out of the way by dunne

Willsmore has fallen away from his earlier form didn't impact the game as much as he has with his kicking. Still got a lot of it.

Kurt was serviceable in defence. Did his job very well. It wasn't outstanding as he didn't offer much on offense

Stewart had some hard contests but was rather ineffectual all day.

Hardwick he got into the game late had a purple patch but was missing for the majority

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Max first came to my attention when he showed great pace to break clear and run into an open goal. He took one strong mark and generally handled to ball cleanly. Whilst he didn't impose himself on the game what he did was quality and he looked an exciting prospect as a mobile, agile and clean ball handling 200cm KPP. He will be a player to watch in the finals.

Conor Glass continues to show some exciting snippets of his natural ability. He kicked a great goal from around 35 metres when he was in a pack of around 4 other players. He gathered the ball and kicked the ball when a small hole appeared and his team mates ran from everywhere to celebrate the goal. Early in the game he out bodied a 24 year old 195cm 100 kg player when he moved him under a high long kick into the goal square. Generally his field kicking was very good. Naturally Conor is still finding his way when it comes to team structures and knowing when to run to the ball and when to hold back. That will come with experience and confidence and he is an exciting prospect.

Spangh played 5 minutes to qualify for the development finals and L Langers and JML didn't have a major impact on the game.
Thanks mate

Bonscott1980

All Australian
Dec 29, 2013
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box hill hawks
Langers had a great game but still has the same issues by hand and foot can't get within 15 of his teammates. Several times yesterday langers streamed forward with the ball only to kick it to the opposition or handball it over. Dissapointing part of an otherwise good game.

Howe is just too good for this level played everywhere yesterday and had an impact.

The Spangh is working his way into the qualifying final

I though Litherland was good defensively and provided run and carry and desperation.

Brand didn't do his chances any good by losing one on ones and getting beaten on the lead. Lacked intensity.

Webster like Langers turned the ball over when he got it. Could have been really affective had he been better with his disposal. He was hard at the ball and man and laid some really good tackles. His disposal needs work. His problem has been continuity he is finally getting some games and the season has come to an end. I wonder if he survives the cut.

JOR tried hard i thought but just doesn't impact the contest or game.

TOB ineffectual just got pushed out of the way by dunne

Willsmore has fallen away from his earlier form didn't impact the game as much as he has with his kicking. Still got a lot of it.

Kurt was serviceable in defence. Did his job very well. It wasn't outstanding as he didn't offer much on offense

Stewart had some hard contests but was rather ineffectual all day.

Hardwick he got into the game late had a purple patch but was missing for the majority
Nice work mate,like your write ups on game day

Ordovician

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn

:(

You forgot to mention Conor's perfectly weighted pass to the forward running diagonally to the top of the square. Magic.

:)

Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
...Webster if we can keep him for 1 more i would. Has pace and intensity....

I want to like Web. He brings grunt, his skills are not flash. JOR, TO and Willsmore have heaps more skill and talent but seem to float around without ever looking to make things happen. Webster has a dip, we now seem to be able to keep him on the park, am hoping he turns into a pure mid.

Stewart has a nice leg. If he can gain a yard or two he may have a future. If he can't he has no hope.

Back