EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Well said Johndoe.As a Goullburn Valley guy who observes this forum with interest it (the EDFL premier comp) is the best metro/country comp in my opinion. (So many players go between EDFL and GV.)
Need jaggo to get other oggy/KY up into the GV GF, could have 2 flags in the family, Ky would have to be red hot faves to win

Talk about adding some spice to the finals series I noticed on Abers website under social events they are advertising celebrations after the grand final. Clearly stating "win, lose or draw" come and celebrate our year!! I wonder if Shagga Grant will use that as motivation for his troops. IMO you need to make the last 2 in order to advertise such an event. Arrogance or Confidence? I will leave it to this forum to decide. Are u okay Turbo after the Pacco loss?

Under 18s in the grand final which they will be favourites and the seniors and reserves are in preliminary finals this week. Footy clubs are not all about the senior team.

Rapt for my mates at G'vale to get another crack at Abers, the Rillaz obviously go in as strong favourites however.
Tough loss for Pacco, they've come a long way from B grade so deserve a decent amount of respect for stepping it up.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

what's people's views on the route from the visitors rooms to the ground at Windy Hill. Got to go down the stand, and walk on the general path to get to the oval. I think it should be barricaded off before game, 1/2 time and after the game. It's not the best mingling with the public on the pathway. Going through the stand is ok but the pathway should be blocked off.
Interesting set up if they use that for VFL games.

Ground was in excellent condition but the viewing there is limited with the far wing bowling club.

Another thing was the crowd is well behaved with the no alcohol policy. Great idea for finals even if I do like to have the odd beer at the footy.

Rapt for my mates at G'vale to get another crack at Abers, the Rillaz obviously go in as strong favourites however.
Tough loss for Pacco, they've come a long way from B grade so deserve a decent amount of respect for stepping it up.

Blistering match yesterday, what were your thoughts on the future of younger boys at Greenvale?

Talk about adding some spice to the finals series I noticed on Abers website under social events they are advertising celebrations after the grand final. Clearly stating "win, lose or draw" come and celebrate our year!! I wonder if Shagga Grant will use that as motivation for his troops. IMO you need to make the last 2 in order to advertise such an event. Arrogance or Confidence? I will leave it to this forum to decide. Are u okay Turbo after the Pacco loss?

Blistering match yesterday, what were your thoughts on the future of younger boys at Greenvale? Who has more to lose this weekend? Abers or Greenvale?

Is anyone else concerned the same 3 teams are left(Seniors and Reserves) as last year and most years these 3 make up the final 4? Is it too hard for clubs to climb the ladder and match it with these 3 powerful clubs?

GV - Smashed in GF last year , go out and recruit Caruso x 2 , Parthenopoulos and others - 3 Guns
Keilor - Beat in Pre lim last year - Galea, McGuane,Tanner,Cartelli = 4 x guns
Abers - Couple of changes but think we'd all agree one of the stronger lists seen in local footy

Is anyone else concerned the same 3 teams are left(Seniors and Reserves) as last year and most years these 3 make up the final 4? Is it too hard for clubs to climb the ladder and match it with these 3 powerful clubs?

GV - Smashed in GF last year , go out and recruit Caruso x 2 , Parthenopoulos and others - 3 Guns
Abers - Couple of changes but think we'd all agree one of the stronger lists seen in local footy

Parthenopolous is actually a greenvale junior, came through the reserves and is now vfl listed

Not really

Even though the same 4 sides played finals last year i think we'd all agree the gap has certainly closed. Last year Abers were 18 - 0 and this year 15- 3. Last year there was a 3 game gap between 4th & 5th and this year there was still Douttas and Marby with a live finals chance at round 18. Marby beat all top 4 sides during the season and haven't played finals. It shows the comp is much more even and competitive.

The 3 teams that are still in are also the same 3 teams in the reserves comp so think that shows the depth of these clubs and why they've been successful. The 18's comp also has Abers and Keilor very prominent. Probably says something as to why these clubs are the ones still competing.

what's people's views on the route from the visitors rooms to the ground at Windy Hill. Got to go down the stand, and walk on the general path to get to the oval. I think it should be barricaded off before game, 1/2 time and after the game. It's not the best mingling with the public on the pathway. Going through the stand is ok but the pathway should be blocked off.
Interesting set up if they use that for VFL games.

Ground was in excellent condition but the viewing there is limited with the far wing bowling club.

Another thing was the crowd is well behaved with the no alcohol policy. Great idea for finals even if I do like to have the odd beer at the footy.

No alcohol policy - HA HA HA HA , Few Pacco old fella's sucking on Green Cans all day in the forward pocket past the cricket nets.

Blistering match yesterday, what were your thoughts on the future of younger boys at Greenvale?
No idea mate, my own side was in a final yesterday.
Looking at the team sheet though, it's good to see the likes of Trif and Parthes getting some further experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree to have good competetive reserves and especially 18s is the key. However to add to your point, the 3 remaining clubs have probably the most qualified coaches and spending the most on coaching staff. GV have an ex AFL player and former premier coach, coaching there reserves. Which other sides have that in there budget? This is a big factor surely especially come finals time and managing players..

It's hard to gauge Paccos season compared to last year but to be a top 4 side in premier league 2 years running is still a good effort for where they have come from. They will always be the underdogs compared to the big 4 clubs, but they are on the rise..I'm sure the brains trust out there will be working hard on improving again in 2017 which is there 100 year anniversary.

Btw- Gee the chicken breast roll from the food van ($7:50) was a let down compared to going to a home & away game, and the coffee I had well, it had a small hair on the lid (most likely a ????)which nearly made me sick. Maybe best eat before you get there or take your own. Donuts were OK..

And Whoopdy Doo - who are you , his manager?
And Whoopdy Doo - who are you , his manager?
Good Point Parthenopolous is a Junior as is most of the list......Interesting that Greenvale listed the team as 34/50 and Pascoe listed as 50/50 Player Points Value. Which list would prefer to manage and develope Local or Import players?

Good Point Parthenopolous is a Junior as is most of the list......Interesting that Greenvale listed the team as 34/50 and Pascoe listed as 50/50 Player Points Value. Which list would prefer to manage and develope Local or Import players?
mannix
Fitzgerald
Couwenberg
Meroli's
Perri
Just off the top of my head to play all their junior careers at pacco won flags in b grade whether seniors or reserves as young kids and then moved on for whatever reasons.
Pretty sure perri will play in a gf this weekend up bush.

Oh this is pretty silly, crazy.. Of course you would rather not be using a calculater every Thursday night but it is what it is and you do what you can to stay competetive. Have you been to Greenvale and know the history there. Big area and now those kids that starting there are playing seniors. They also had someone put in a stack of $$ some years back and have good facilities. Well done to them but let's not compare the 2 specific clubs please. However my mail is telling me Greenvale "might" struggle to field an u/19 side next season.
Don't get me started on this as its been done to death on this forum.

Btw- Look through the list and Pacco will have some players on low points next season that are not homegrown, so they are building some stability and this success (to a point of winning games and making finals) does help change things at the junior level.
Anyone is welcome to come down to Panther land next season on a Thurs or Sat and have an enjoyable afternoon.

Oh this is pretty silly, crazy.. Of course you would rather not be using a calculater every Thursday night but it is what it is and you do what you can to stay competetive. Have you been to Greenvale and know the history there. Big area and now those kids that starting there are playing seniors. They also had someone put in a stack of $$ some years back and have good facilities. Well done to them but let's not compare the 2 specific clubs please. However my mail is telling me Greenvale "might" struggle to field an u/19 side next season.
Don't get me started on this as its been done to death on this forum.

Btw- Look through the list and Pacco will have some players on low points next season that are not homegrown, so they are building some stability and this success (to a point of winning games and making finals) does help change things at the junior level.
Anyone is welcome to come down to Panther land next season on a Thurs or Sat and have an enjoyable afternoon.

Turbo, You are correct! Greenvale struggled to field an 18's team all year and played a number of U16's to top up. With U17 cant see an U19's in 2017 unless there is a massive drive for new players!!

Absolutely disgusting and NOT ACCEPTABLE at any level. If EDS have any pride in their club they need to get these clowns up before the committee and discipline them. Otherwise don't expect any RESPECT from any opposition or Umpires in future..
Bang out!
How many weeks did the Keilor player receive for this cowards act?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back