-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
3 options I believe

1) play it as it lies...(difficult)
2) declare it unplayable and take a one stroke penalty and drop within 2 club lengths
3) declare it lost and play another from the tee
It is this with #2 being 2 club lengths relief or take it back as far as you want line of flag. Plus, #3 is to declare it unplayable taking a one shot penalty and play your 3rd from the tee. Obviously, you would only go back to the tee if the other options aren't feasible.

Moonah course today. prestine conditions. Green green grass. greens true. sunshine.

used the one same ball for the whole 18. only in 1 bunker. 36 pts. 2 wipes. frst outing comp wise with the new clubs. wedges are so nice, but a bit timid today in comp conditions. bladed, chunked and shanks a plenty

followed up with a round on sunday just gone. enjoyed it so much. perfect conditions with only a gentle refreshing breeze. Although upon tee off (8) it was fresh. multi layered i was. As the round progressed I derobed each layer finishing in s**t and pants. even a little sunburned!

A deplorable start with only 4 pts after 3. but thereafter evened out to par golf finishing with 16 pts on the front 9. New driver and I were starting to have a good relationship. 1 ball was lost.

Back 9 was pretty. The grass was sooooo green. Moonah course has always been the pick of the bunch in terms of playability and aesthetics grass wise. I think it's the course least available to guests. 21 points. It's handy when you pick up a few 3 pointers along the way.

Putting overall received a B marking. Short putts kept pulling them. However long putts were acceptable. On one of two holes where I get 2 shots I wasted them as I arrived onto the green in 4 (par 3), missed an easy chance at par, and continued to poo putt to finish with 6. lawl.

Here is a photo for you

IMG_9165.JPG

followed up with a round on sunday just gone. enjoyed it so much. perfect conditions with only a gentle refreshing breeze. Although upon tee off (8) it was fresh. multi layered i was. As the round progressed I derobed each layer finishing in s**t and pants. even a little sunburned!

A deplorable start with only 4 pts after 3. but thereafter evened out to par golf finishing with 16 pts on the front 9. New driver and I were starting to have a good relationship. 1 ball was lost.

Back 9 was pretty. The grass was sooooo green. Moonah course has always been the pick of the bunch in terms of playability and aesthetics grass wise. I think it's the course least available to guests. 21 points. It's handy when you pick up a few 3 pointers along the way.

Putting overall received a B marking. Short putts kept pulling them. However long putts were acceptable. On one of two holes where I get 2 shots I wasted them as I arrived onto the green in 4 (par 3), missed an easy chance at par, and continued to poo putt to finish with 6. lawl.

Here is a photo for you

View attachment 274859

Not the best way to Finish???????

a rather pathetic day on the course today. -5 in par comp at Kingswood GC.

started on the 10th and as usual power faded my drive (always happens each round). okay then. the back 9 ended up -4.

front 9, halved the last 4 or 5 holes from memory, but ended up -1.

driving was very good with exception of 2-3 drives. struggled with my putting, i put it down to the fact they just cored. so slow compared to what im used to, took i reckon 18 holes to get the gist. i hate cored greens, sandy, fluffy, slow.

fairway conditions were pretty good considering its winter. very soft underfoot (sandbelt of course). just not used to fairways there. i guess playing the home course all the time aids in comfort.....

landed perhaps a handful of shots coming into the green from 140-160 out. irons really were not working with confidence.

oh well

Also had a hit at Flinders earlier in the week. Was a cracker of a course. Managed to hit out of a ravine on the coffin hole.
Views were something else. How good is it to be playing golf watching waves come in. Was absolutely freezing and blowing a gale with hints of sideways rain. Genuinely fun
Im a member at The Cut golf course over here. Plays along the coast in the dunes, amazing views, that's what it's all about.:thumbsu:

Anyone been hit by a golf ball? Bloke in the group in front of us last week copped one straight to the ear (from someone in his own group). Blood everywhere and ended up in hospital to have surgery/stitches.

Not sure what would be worse, being the guy who gets hit or having the guilt of hitting someone.

Played at Crows Nest, Qld today on a course with a slope rating of 114. Playing off 11, I shot 78 off the stick on a Par 72 course. Had a triple bogey on the 14th thanks to an OB hook off the tee.
On Sunday I had 32pts at City Golf Club. Slope rating of 130. I was 12pts after 10 holes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else see Phil's full blooded flop shot at the Deutsche bank open?
Seriously it went 15 metres and 40 metres high.
I only dream of being brave enough to attempt the shot, let alone make it land like a butterfly with sore feet

was that the one that landed a metre from the hole? hit from just off the green on a terrible lie?

28 points on the Old Course @ National. Conditions perfect. Although chilly in the morning it got warm around 9am. Highlight was paring two par 3s including this hole

IMG_9441.JPG

Lovely day, paradise. Driver worked a charm, shame the putter didnt with too many 3 putts (8 holes)

28 points on the Old Course @ National. Conditions perfect. Although chilly in the morning it got warm around 9am. Highlight was paring two par 3s including this hole

View attachment 285909

Lovely day, paradise. Driver worked a charm, shame the putter didnt with too many 3 putts (8 holes)
Nice pic. Short of the green looks as scary as having water there.

Played the pitch and putt in Penang on the weekend. Holes from 29 to 64 metres. Choice of lob wedges for righties but only old S and P wedges for us lefties. Did score a reasonable Odyssey putter for the round though. Birdied 2, 3 and 4 for a 27. That's about the closest I've come to playing golf this year.

Anyone been hit by a golf ball? Bloke in the group in front of us last week copped one straight to the ear (from someone in his own group). Blood everywhere and ended up in hospital to have surgery/stitches.

Not sure what would be worse, being the guy who gets hit or having the guilt of hitting someone.

Who was in the wrong? Or was it just unlucky?

I've been hit dead centre of the back before. No fore and we were in plain sight from their tee. I remember hearing about a father and son. The father tee'd off as the son walked in front somehow and either the ball or club hit and killed him.

Last edited:
I've figured that because I only play once a week (twice if I have nothing else on, which is rare) I may as well stick to my gap wedge for anything within 95m of the hole. I know that I can bump and run it or fly it low/high right to the pin and stop it with spin. Makes things a lot less complicated.

Who was in the wrong? Or was it just unlucky?

I've been hit dead centre of the back before. No fore and we were in plain sight from their tee. I remember hearing about a father and son. The father tee'd off as the son walked in front somehow and either the ball or club hit and killed him.
Just unlucky I think.

I know a guy who got hit by a ball square in the eye before, luckily no permanent damage.

Rnd 2 of club champs called off today after yesterdays rain. Course has been soaked in recent weeks and after about a week of no rain the 20+mm yesterday was the last thing it needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back