Wilf Cox Medal: Liam Ogden
Coach of Year: Brad Campbell
Best young player (under 21) Dean Smith Mooroopna

Grand Finalist: Ky Vs Benalla
Winner: Ky 36
Wilf Cox Medal: Liam Ogden
Coach of Year: Brad Campbell
Best young player (under 21) Dean Smith Mooroopna
I have not seen much GV footy this season but its great to hear Brad Campbell has got Shepparton into the finals, are they a chance to do some damage?

I have not seen much GV footy this season but its great to hear Brad Campbell has got Shepparton into the finals, are they a chance to do some damage?

The Bears would be confident of beating Seymour this weekend. They beat them by 41 last week and lost by 7 earlier in the year.

Their record against the other finalists;

Kyabram - lost by 50
Rochy - lost by 70, lost by 48
Benalla - won by 30
Swans - lost by 1, won by 2

They probably aren't a major threat this year, but they could trouble some teams depending on their match-ups.

They've won 26 flags but haven't really been a factor since 2005 so they seem to be on the way up.

Well i fancied Echuca at start of season, their best 6-8 players are as good as any teams, but there performance last night was nothing short of disgraceful........had all to play for, beat Ky they are in.
After 15 minutes and 2 goals down they tossed it in......head hunter, sniped,cheap shots, late hits.....didn't have the guts to put their head over the ball. If that was a coaching directive, well then the "process" is wrong.

Watching and listening to it on radio, it was clear several Kyabram players were targeted,...and the umpiring didn't help matters either.

Willis, apart from 2 goals(one a beauty) was ordinary...no second efforts, mouthed off all night, soundly beaten by Morgan.
Buckley, tried hard but was subdued and most kicks were under pressure.
Tim Allen played like Tim the Toolman, rather than an ex Collingwood VFL player .
Florence soundly beaten by Vick, but to be far, didn't get a lot of good delivery....needs to work harder.
Pollock, quiet, may have been injured.
Steet tried to tag Williams and was like watching a draught horse chase a thoroughbred. (noticed Williams was named in best by One fm but not by Ky?)
K Morris was named best by Echuca but he was reported and sent off for 15 minutes and his direct opponent ,who clearly had the better of him,Reeves was named best on by Ky?
Beattie , who has been a great warrior, has passed his use by date, cheap shots all night.

It's ok to get beaten if you are trying to win, but that was not even on their mind.

I watched the game on Saturday night expecting a tight tussle with Echuca having a very good list and everything to play for. What I witnessed was a team that were more intent on giving off cheap shots and behind the play hits rather than wanting to put there head over the hard ball. If I was an Echuca supporter I would have walked away completely embarrassed from what I saw.
I listened to the Echuca huddle at 3 quarter time. The entire address was about taking out Kyabram players in particular Childs, Sheldon and Williams. What type of leadership is that to display to your supporters and young players. The game was not dead at 3 qtr time (36 points i think) surely you are trying to encourage your team to pull off a miraculous victory, not go around hitting anyone who was formerly from Echuca. No wonder these guys will never return to play at the club and why would they. Briggs should worry about his game plan rather than trying to inflict pain on the opposition. If you have a loaded forward line like theirs (Florance, Willis and Allan) why would you continually play players behind the ball. You don't win many games kicking 6 goals. Massive under acheivers this year especially for the amount of money that they would have paid.

I watched the game on Saturday night expecting a tight tussle with Echuca having a very good list and everything to play for. What I witnessed was a team that were more intent on giving off cheap shots and behind the play hits rather than wanting to put there head over the hard ball. If I was an Echuca supporter I would have walked away completely embarrassed from what I saw.
I listened to the Echuca huddle at 3 quarter time. The entire address was about taking out Kyabram players in particular Childs, Sheldon and Williams. What type of leadership is that to display to your supporters and young players. The game was not dead at 3 qtr time (36 points i think) surely you are trying to encourage your team to pull off a miraculous victory, not go around hitting anyone who was formerly from Echuca. No wonder these guys will never return to play at the club and why would they. Briggs should worry about his game plan rather than trying to inflict pain on the opposition. If you have a loaded forward line like theirs (Florance, Willis and Allan) why would you continually play players behind the ball. You don't win many games kicking 6 goals. Massive under acheivers this year especially for the amount of money that they would have paid.
Was interesting reading the coaches comments in Mondays shepp news , Newman said his was pleased that his team held their class and played footy and knew if they played well they would give them a touch up and told his players they have mad Monday to look forward to we have bigger fish to fry , Briggs said the game was over umpired and it was just grown men going at it and there wasn't a lot in some of the decisions , he was glad they stood up in a phsical battle !

How the hell did the coach get re-appointed? Ringo got tossed out after 2011 when he also had a star studded list - at least they made the prelim that year! Surely if Briggs couldn't get them to finals this year it was it. His comments in the paper yesterday regarding the game was laughable. Blaming the umps for over umpiring the game.

Was interesting reading the coaches comments in Mondays shepp news , Newman said his was pleased that his team held their class and played footy and knew if they played well they would give them a touch up and told his players they have mad Monday to look forward to we have bigger fish to fry , Briggs said the game was over umpired and it was just grown men going at it and there wasn't a lot in some of the decisions , he was glad they stood up in a phsical battle !

Probably says a lot about where the two coaches and clubs are at in comparison to one another. Beattie was the interesting one, he was the ring leader in the physical (behind play) stuff. Was a little bemusing considering he is a former Kyabram player. Interesting enough himself and 90% of the Echuca footy club were no where to be seen after the game in the Wilf Cox.

Spot on,only about 4 of Echuca's players went upstairs after the game,...the decent ones,.....none of the overpaid snipers.As for taking out Childs,Sheldon and Williams, ...and Echuca wonder why they never want to go back to play there....that will NEVER happen. The coaches usual Riv Herald dribble is about "structures" and "processes"..........bring back Hendo!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You Rochy guys must be hating this. But it is good to see this thread coming to life again. Last year there was twice as many pages of posts, kicked off by Beatties EFC debut. Where is Robjoll????

would love to see Beattie try that against Rochy again, another front page story for the riv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This week tells the tale. Can Rochy get within 4 goals of the mighty Bombers in a final ... or at all. The pragmatist would say they need some of their injured top end players back to have any chance. But s**t it"s finals time.

I reckon the Lions and the Saints will get the job done in other finals.

the Sheldon's don't hold Echuca in any high regard at all!! says a lot about there home club.

normally you have a soft spot or stick up for ya home club

and I dare say Williams and childs are in the same boat!

premiers- Kyabram 22 points
wilf cox medal- jordy Williams
coach of the year- brad Campbell
morrison- Lauchie Smith
smokey for morrison - Mitch Bright
best young player (under 21) dean smith

tips this week.

ky will beat rochy. will be closer then people think rochy have had the wood over ky last couple years.
shep to beat Seymour in close one also
Benalla to have a easy win against swans. 10+ goals

Last edited:
C

Crikey...into the big league..Big Pez in the big show....cant wait to see this one play out

Surely an AFL club would have done some checking of his football history and reputation??? By the way I love how much face time former Lalbert legend and Tatura coach Chips McCartney gets in his role at Hawthorn. Now he is a bloke that deserves to work in the AFL system

C

Crikey...into the big league..Big Pez in the big show....cant wait to see this one play out
Definitely got the AFL runs on the board, starred in a Ted Whitten match and accompanied Adem Yze on to the MCG for his last match. Known to be articulate, polite, never use foul language, incredibly humble, respectful of umpires and always gave opponents due respect. Great to see someone who has fostered the game above himself working his way into the upper echelons of the AFL.

Definitely got the AFL runs on the board, starred in a Ted Whitten match and accompanied Adem Yze on to the MCG for his last match. Known to be articulate, polite, never use foul language, incredibly humble, respectful of umpires and always gave opponents due respect. Great to see someone who has fostered the game above himself working his way into the upper echelons of the AFL.

I did hear from a very reliable source that the above article has been workshopped by the great man himself.....not sure that there is a lot of truth in it.

I did hear from a very reliable source that the above article has been workshopped by the great man himself.....not sure that there is a lot of truth in it.
Surely you don't mean an orchestrated press release masquerading as legitimate news? That's the fodder of lacklustre politicians not a highly decorated and respected exponent of the game.

Surely you don't mean an orchestrated press release masquerading as legitimate news? That's the fodder of lacklustre politicians not a highly decorated and respected exponent of the game.

Well ...thats what COULD be happening in this instance..its like plagiarism at a distinguished uni....you get away with it for awhile but eventually you get caught

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back