Premier C - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Fielders v Nodders at Northcote makes no locational sense.

How does it work that you finish on top of the ladder in your ones and twos and then get the privilege of finals in Northcote on the other side of town .....what is going on at VAFA .....surely something on the South/east side of town is possible....they should be embarrassed.

Only good thing is we have a triple header on the day.

Rissoles, Thanks for taking care of the footy tipping you make this forum enjoyable,

I just can't work out why willy v Ormond Saturday at the snake pit and the under's 9am at BLO on the Sunday, the under's game on Sat is another grade and has other teams playing there on Saturday. Surely it can't be that hard. I don't mind the travel as long as you can do it once on the weekend. Football league administrator's are like government bodies they drink their own bath water and full or their own importance.

Bedder's good luck back in D1 hopefully its a short stint, I may see you at 1 of the 2 grounds this weekend

Rissoles, Thanks for taking care of the footy tipping you make this forum enjoyable,

I just can't work out why willy v Ormond Saturday at the snake pit and the under's 9am at BLO on the Sunday, the under's game on Sat is another grade and has other teams playing there on Saturday. Surely it can't be that hard. I don't mind the travel as long as you can do it once on the weekend. Football league administrator's are like government bodies they drink their own bath water and full or their own importance.

Bedder's good luck back in D1 hopefully its a short stint, I may see you at 1 of the 2 grounds this weekend
No worries mate, hopefully its changed and I know both clubs are working hard to get the same venue. If we were Xavs we would get anything we want.

How does it work that you finish on top of the ladder in your ones and twos and then get the privilege of finals in Northcote on the other side of town .....what is going on at VAFA .....surely something on the South/east side of town is possible....they should be embarrassed.

Only good thing is we have a triple header on the day.
Surely there needs to be a change at the top, that's doesn't make sense.

Fields matches Saturday

U19s play 0M s
Ressies Mazenod
SeniorsMazenod

All Southern Suburbs teams .......so why ?
I really don't know why the VAFA don't go harder for grounds like Toorak Park or Camberwell, particularly for the early finals. Think Bentleigh is still enclosed and not used by the SFL for finals.

Bentleigh is open AM, TP or Camberwell would be good , but are Premier cricket grounds.
Thanks for the info on Bentleigh. Long time since I’ve been there.

I think Box Hill is a Premier cricket ground too mate. Bill Lawry as well I suspect.

Also think Xavs and Scotch still have use of their grounds.

We are only talking the first week of finals when the pressure for grounds is at its worst.

Heard informally yesterday that the City of Boroondara received no request from the VAFA for use of the ground.

I think Box Hill is a Premier cricket ground too mate. Bill Lawry as well I suspect.

We are only talking the first week of finals when the pressure for grounds is at its worst.

Heard informally yesterday that the City of Boroondara received no request from the VAFA for use of the ground.

They have had problems for years.

A few years ago, when Willi was playing some home games at Point Gellibrand, that the ground there, which is rarely if ever used for any final at all (unless it is Williamstown in the VFL) should be used as a finals venue. A certain well known VAFA official gave it serious consideration. Unfortunately for Toorak Park they cannot secure the bottom end gate these days (much like Victoria park in that regard).

It wasn't that long ago that Ted Ajani was used as a finals venue quite successfully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few years ago, when Willi was playing some home games at Point Gellibrand, that the ground there, which is rarely if ever used for any final at all (unless it is Williamstown in the VFL) should be used as a finals venue. A certain well known VAFA official gave it serious consideration. Unfortunately for Toorak Park they cannot secure the bottom end gate these days (much like Victoria park in that regard).

It wasn't that long ago that Ted Ajani was used as a finals venue quite successfully.
Thirty metres of temporary fencing would fix the bottom gate issue at TP Pazz. Too easy!

TP available for use in finals, but typically (haven't seen it this week), they rope off the pitch area. Good for circle work at training, not so good for whole of ground drills.

Box Hill is sub district and BLO is Premier.

TP available for use in finals, but typically (haven't seen it this week), they rope off the pitch area. Good for circle work at training, not so good for whole of ground drills.
Cupla things. If it’s good enough for the municipalities covering the Box Hill and Bill Lawry ovals and the myriad of others about the State to hold off for a week or two on wicket preparation it’s not unreasonable for others to do the same. Which brings me to the second point which is just why the football clubs tolerate the bluster from some municipalities wanting to get hold of grounds to prepare wickets while they remain the leaseholders. He who pays the piper calls the tune.

The Williamstown oval is being used for WRFL finals for the first 2 weeks then a move back to Chirnside park in Werribee.
Willy had 3 games the past couple of years and this year was cut, not sure if it was council or WFC, Its a great ground once you work out the wind.
Whitten oval could be used footy only is fenced as they use for the VFL side

The Williamstown oval is being used for WRFL finals for the first 2 weeks then a move back to Chirnside park in Werribee.
Willy had 3 games the past couple of years and this year was cut, not sure if it was council or WFC, Its a great ground once you work out the wind.
Whitten oval could be used footy only is fenced as they use for the VFL side
Stop talking sense , someone at headquarters might read it.

Cupla things. If it’s good enough for the municipalities covering the Box Hill and Bill Lawry ovals and the myriad of others about the State to hold off for a week or two on wicket preparation it’s not unreasonable for others to do the same. Which brings me to the second point which is just why the football clubs tolerate the bluster from some municipalities wanting to get hold of grounds to prepare wickets while they remain the leaseholders. He who pays the piper calls the tune.
If only that were the case. Not that it would evoke any sympathy around here (nor should it), OX (and I am guessing other clubs elsewhere) are absolute supplicants when it comes to ground negotiations. If it isn't council, it is stakeholders tied to other co-tenants agitating to get us out of TP. We take what we can. Think we should get Sholly elected to the Stonnington Council. Would solve everything.

So, who wins on the weekend?

Nodders or Caulfield? I have only seen each side once this year, and so purely based on that I will select Nodders.
Pirates or Hoes? Hoes won both this year, so again i'll go with Ivanhoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back