Southern FNL Div One 2016

Who will win the SFNL Div 1 Flag in 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tips the same except for Saints to get up.

Thoughts on how the finals will shape up?
Depends if Mordi or EM make it.
As it stands:
W1
Bent beat mordi
OD beat Clayton
W2
Bent beat Dingley
OD beat Mordi
W3
Dingley beat OD
W4
Bent beat Dingley

Obviously bias because I'm bentleigh but I genuinely think any of the current top 5 can win it this year, if EM make it I can't see them winning it. Also need to take into account springvale is the biggest ground in the league so the teams with best fitness and disposal will do better than the teams that rely on pressure (Clayton, EM)

Cheltenham have a bloke in their u19s who jagged 20 in 2 games including a 14 goal hall and still hasn't warranted a game and since Nicholls has left the haven't hit the broadside of a barn inside 50 just head scratcher as I don't know what they have too lose

As it stands:
W1
Bent beat mordi
OD beat Clayton
W2
Bent beat Dingley
OD beat Mordi
W3
Dingley beat OD
W4
Bent beat Dingley

Obviously bias because I'm bentleigh but I genuinely think any of the current top 5 can win it this year, if EM make it I can't see them winning it. Also need to take into account springvale is the biggest ground in the league so the teams with best fitness and disposal will do better than the teams that rely on pressure (Clayton, EM)
Unless Mordi do something heroic against Bentleigh they miss out. So first week of finals will read:
Dingley...rest
Bent v Districts...maybe closer than some think
Clayton should knock out EM given their poor form of late
Dingley are still the overall favourite but Bentleigh and Oakleigh seem to have caught up a fair bit in the past month. No hope to the other two.

As it stands:
W1
Bent beat mordi
OD beat Clayton
W2
Bent beat Dingley
OD beat Mordi
W3
Dingley beat OD
W4
Bent beat Dingley

I think The Brotherhood will beat Mordi and go on to win the whole thing.

I also think The Brotherhood will win the Best Conducted Club award because, after all, the on field and off field conduct of The Brotherhood is streets ahead of the rest of the competition.

Cheltenham have a bloke in their u19s who jagged 20 in 2 games including a 14 goal hall and still hasn't warranted a game and since Nicholls has left the haven't hit the broadside of a barn inside 50 just head scratcher as I don't know what they have too lose
Have you seen the bloke? Looks like he weighs 120kg and is about 180 cm, not the type of bloke that could perform in seniors. He also kicked most of those goals against second last on the ladder

Does look like mordi are in dangerous spot and east Malvern have had a bad year given the massive spend

Have you seen the bloke? Looks like he weighs 120kg and is about 180 cm, not the type of bloke that could perform in seniors. He also kicked most of those goals against second last on the ladder
Whilst he's fat I think he must have some talent given being in the stingrays academy until 18s when he did a knee

I think The Brotherhood will beat Mordi and go on to win the whole thing.

I also think The Brotherhood will win the Best Conducted Club award because, after all, the on field and off field conduct of The Brotherhood is streets ahead of the rest of the competition.
I wonder if BruceFromBalnarring and his beloved "Brotherhood" would be interested in "a little birdie" from someone in the know inside their most dangerous rival, which suggests that possibly that team's highest paid player has pulled the pin? On that subject, is there any more news on whether Paddy Nicholls will possibly be available to play finals? Big loss if not...

I wonder if BruceFromBalnarring and his beloved "Brotherhood" would be interested in "a little birdie" from someone in the know inside their most dangerous rival, which suggests that possibly that team's highest paid player has pulled the pin? On that subject, is there any more news on whether Paddy Nicholls will possibly be available to play finals? Big loss if not...

Be very interested, Ziggy. May I call you Ziggy?

Dimma confirmed on Sunday on the 5th quarter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Waverly Blues under 17s star being offered "incentives" from multiple clubs, Clayton following closely

They have named him at Full Back. He must be ok then !
Fermanis didn't play, but is trying to get right for the GF next week (if they get over Bentleigh of course). Oaks still gave Dingley a scare without him, and, if he was right, Districts will be right in it again. As far as I know, the Dingoes played their best 22 and there's no-one coming in that can bolster their squad....have to rely on improvement from those that played.

Fermanis didn't play, but is trying to get right for the GF next week (if they get over Bentleigh of course). Oaks still gave Dingley a scare without him, and, if he was right, Districts will be right in it again. As far as I know, the Dingoes played their best 22 and there's no-one coming in that can bolster their squad....have to rely on improvement from those that played.
You're right you need to get over Bentleigh first. Hope you do make it as we found Bentleigh and their supporters a little bit arrogant when they beat us late in the year. Have to be big doubts on Fermanis even if they get through. Just walking around the ground last week he was hobbling. Looked pretty serious. Oakleigh's backline beat our forwards last week. Not much between the sides either way.

Back