#29 Jasper Pittard

Remove this Banner Ad

Pittard enjoyed a brilliant start to the 2013 season, playing the first four games (each of which we won) and finally starting to cement himself as a first 22 player and as an integral part to our defensive structure. However, he he suffered an injury which was originally supposed to be only 1 week, however he saw himself sitting out the next seven games (including a bye, which totals 8 weeks). Fortunately and somewhat controversially, he's coming back this week against Sydney without any SANFL preparation.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2013-06-20/selection-round-13-port
Senior defenders Dom Cassisi and Jasper Pittard have fully recovered from respective hamstring and hip flexor injuries and have been included in Port's side to play the Swans at AAMI Stadium on Saturday.
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2013-06-20/selection-round-13-port

Article on Jasper from The Advertiser, Saturday 20/7/2013.

140778-jasper-pittard.jpg

link
PORT Adelaide should have issued a special media release with its AFL team selection last week. A press conference at Alberton would not have been out of place either.
Defender Jasper Pittard went from the Power's injury list on Monday, when he was on crutches, to staying in the match 22 on Thursday night. He played against Hawthorn two days later.
The curse is broken. Finally. Miracles still happen.
link

From Adelaide Now Friday 4 July 2014

061391-1f4da80c-02a6-11e4-aaf7-dc6e5517e581.jpg

Jasper thrives on risky business
JASPER Pittard has supreme confidence in his football ability — it’s apparent every time he dashes through traffic at half back or threads a pinpoint pass across goal.
He has the unqualified support of his skipper Travis Boak, who told Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley “we want him in the team” when asked for his opinion on the 23 year old earlier this season.
And with a few more faultless performances like last week’s Showdown, Pittard might just get the entire Power fanbase on side too.
Jasper thrives on risky business

Been with us through the hard times now he gets to enjoy the good times. Led the AFL for most bounces in 2014. One of my favorite players. Hoping for another big year.

Godawful mo and stickers but hey who cares about fashion?

Pittard article from The Age

1429863840552.jpg

From whipping boy to artful dodger
"I didn't want to do anything sport related outside the club, you get enough of that through footy. I've always liked to have a bit of a creative side and hone in on those skills as well."
To those that have seen Pittard play football, this may all come as no great surprise. If any player would seem likely to enjoy creative pursuits, it is the headband-wearing, free-running Power defender. It's a thrill a minute with the left-footer from Victoria. He's the quintessential heart-in-mouth footballer.
From whipping boy to artful dodger

Originally posted by Macca19

12th. - 86 Votes

#29 JASPER PITTARD

400975.jpg

VOTES:

BigFooty: 86 (12th)

Port: 114 (11th)

Toots: 35 (8th)

AFL Stats:
http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/Jasper_Pittard.html

Notes:
Review by TeeKray
Jasper put together another solid year in 2015. He played 20 games and was a key to setting up our defensive rebounds as well as taking a large number of kick ins. As always with Jasper there were moments of madness, but we take the good with the bad and he remains a key member of our best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played with him in under 16s for 2 years at flemington he was a bottom age player was a great kick then but was not in the top 5 in the team amazing how he has become great effort

Stiff not to make All-Australian. In my opinion it's harder to play consistently good footy in a struggling side. Hope he winsthe John Cahill - richly deserved for an incredible season.

Love ya work captain risky.

See you at Geelong next season as a free agent hopefully - I think everyone wants him in their team
Anyway how is his injury when is he expected back and will he play sanfl before returning to your 22

Last edited:
See you at Geelong next season as a free agent

Nice way to come onto an opponents board and really add to the discussion spud.

A) you wish

B) you will have a hard time trying to pry him from port Adelaide

C) you will have a hard time trying to convince him Geelong is more attractive than a dozen other places other than its closer to mums

D) can you afford him in your cap after paying danger and a dozen other free agents ?

E) if port forces a trade you're screwed with no picks

Edit: said poster edited his post into something a bit more respectful 30mins later.

Last edited:
See you at Geelong next season as a free agent hopefully - I think everyone wants him in their team
Anyway how is his injury when is he expected back and will he play sanfl before returning to your 22

Pay attention if you're such a fan - played SANFL last week! Numpty ... now go away

Pittard is an unrestricted free agent. Port has no recourse to force a trade if he decides to leave. He can walk into any club. At a guess, it would need to be a significant contract to get him to move, one that we can't afford and that will net us a R1 or end of R1 pick.

Pittard is an unrestricted free agent. Port has no recourse to force a trade if he decides to leave. He can walk into any club. At a guess, it would need to be a significant contract to get him to move, one that we can't afford and that will net us a R1 or end of R1 pick.
Dang it, I thought he was restricted we really shouldn't have signed up on so many big deals such as Bobby Carlile(this was meant to be his last year), Hartlett (three years to go) and Lobbe(2 years to go I think), my point is we got to stp getting carried away with our signings

Where is he listed us unrestricted? I've seen him listed as restricted? Also hasn't played enough years to be unrestricted like westhoff has , and I would be in absolute disbelief if he isn't in our top 25% highest players. If he isn't I can't think of the ten players on more coin than him? Gray, boak , Ryder , Dixon Hartlett.... after that I don't know? Trengove , westhoff , that's 7. Wingard ? Wines ? Surprising as they are still young and expect they would move up the list as they move into their primes. I would think that wingard and wines would almost certainly have back ended contracts that go up when we expect book and gray are gone. Even if they are above him that makes 9 players. And I would think that would be about the full list that could possibly be above him. So I have him anywhere from our 5th to 8th highest paid players. Which would have him in our top 25% . Unless we massively front loaded his contract , and they only take the final year of the contract into consideration, even then I don't see it as I believe you can only front or back load a contract a certain % so can't be that much of a variance. Can't see him earning less than lobbes 350-400k salary.

Where is he listed us unrestricted? I've seen him listed as restricted? Also hasn't played enough years to be unrestricted like westhoff has , and I would be in absolute disbelief if he isn't in our top 25% highest players. If he isn't I can't think of the ten players on more coin than him? Gray, boak , Ryder , Dixon Hartlett.... after that I don't know? Trengove , westhoff , that's 7. Wingard ? Wines ? Surprising as they are still young and expect they would move up the list as they move into their primes. I would think that wingard and wines would almost certainly have back ended contracts that go up when we expect book and gray are gone. Even if they are above him that makes 9 players. And I would think that would be about the full list that could possibly be above him. So I have him anywhere from our 5th to 8th highest paid players. Which would have him in our top 25% . Unless we massively front loaded his contract , and they only take the final year of the contract into consideration, even then I don't see it as I believe you can only front or back load a contract a certain % so can't be that much of a variance. Can't see him earning less than lobbes 350-400k salary.

This is Pittard's 8th year at the club so he is unrestricted so long as he is outside of the top 25% of earners at the club.

Boak, R.Gray, Wines and Wingard are all clearly better players and would deservedly be on bigger contracts. Ebert probably fits into that category too.

Hartlett we know is on good coin, so good that we can't even off load him to another club.

Ryder and Dixon we would have paid a premium to attract to the club so they would sit in the top 25%.

Trengove I suspect we continue to pay a premium to ensure he stays.

So that's 9 guys who would certainly be on more than Pittard. I think he'd be around the 10-12 mark (ie right on the borderline of the top 25%).

You can be the best player at your club and still fall outside of the top 25%. It's very likely Pittard's contract is front loaded. A similar scenario happened with Frawley which is why Hawthorn were able to claim him as an unrestricted free agent.

Here's the official fee agent list: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-24/the-restricted-dozen-official-free-agents-list-revealed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back