Traded Dion Prestia [traded to Richmond with pick 24 for pick 6 and 2017 second rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

Fairly simple trade, pick 6 for Prestia. Will give GC 6 picks inside about 25 which will enable them to do some other trades involving players. This is a nice trade for Richmond as it gives them an immediate certain class inside/outside mid rather than a speculative pick 6 who will take a couple of years to make the grade or could be a bust like other recent Richmond recruits.

No other way Richmond can get it done as after pick 6 their next pick is 42+ depending if there are any FA compo picks. There are no players at Richmond that GC would want given the huge drop in quality after Martin, Rance, Riewoldt, Cotchin and the ageing injury prone Deledio.

Any Richmond supporter that thinks they get Prestia and keep pick 6 is as delusional as their joke of a coach!

As for Prestia's decision, the $ must be huge to attach yourself to Richmond's future.

Fair if he had played a full season.
Will be interesting to see how it unfolds....
Not worth Pick 6 if he keeps sitting on the pine half the season..... don't care how good a player he is or could be.
Next years first will do it.
To be honest, I think Richmond will be giving GC whichever THEY prefer.
Either way, still a good deal for Richmond. He was clearly GC's 2nd best mid behind Ablett when that midfield was all up and running. Richmond should be happy, and a 1st rd pick, 6 or next seasons, is a decent salvage job from GC despite ultimately not wanting to lose a young, established, quality midfielder.
On face value, it's as even as they come.
Richmond have to accept that whenever you are getting a very good player to move to your club before he is free agency eligible, you are going to have to pay handsomely. So while there is some risk due to his injury concerns, it's a risk Richmond have to be willing to take on if they want to get a deal over the line for such a player. They don't become available all that often historically (though recent seasons are certainly testing this notion)

Because idiots at RFC think they will get Naish via father son next year overrating where they are at and not realising they will do a Collingwood and the fact they can get Naish as a cat B rookie after 3 years!
DISCLAIMER: The views of this poster, do not in any way shape or form represent the views of the RFC, the supporters or anyone associated with sport.

Fair if he had played a full season.
Will be interesting to see how it unfolds....
Not worth Pick 6 if he keeps sitting on the pine half the season..... don't care how good a player he is or could be.
Next years first will do it.

Why would you give up pick 6 for Prestia next year when you can just hand it over this year?

To be honest, I think Richmond will be giving GC whichever THEY prefer.
Either way, still a good deal for Richmond. He was clearly GC's 2nd best mid behind Ablett when that midfield was all up and running. Richmond should be happy, and a 1st rd pick, 6 or next seasons, is a decent salvage job from GC despite ultimately not wanting to lose a young, established, quality midfielder.
On face value, it's as even as they come.
Richmond have to accept that whenever you are getting a very good player to move to your club before he is free agency eligible, you are going to have to pay handsomely. So while there is some risk due to his injury concerns, it's a risk Richmond have to be willing to take on if they want to get a deal over the line for such a player. They don't become available all that often historically (though recent seasons are certainly testing this notion)
Agree. To be honest, it's good that a player of this calibre has nominated Richmond. You can see why many may not want to come to RFC given their erratic performance from good to horrendous.
I'm sure they are well on the way to working out a fair trade now. It was mentioned on radio this morning that he would probably be within the Top 10 if he was in this draft.
Wishful thinking is we keep Pick 6 as there are rumours we have someone targeted for it (please be a jet if true.....) and hope we give GC Rd1 2017 pick given we hope to improve.
Just want it to get done quickly during the trade period so we can focus on other possible deals....

And to those calling Prestia a B Grader at best, please.... watch him play! Just needs to be injury free.

Given the improvement in a number of the lower clubs it is probable that Richmond could finish even lower on the ladder next year so give up pick 6 because next years could be pick 3 or 4.

Highly likely that the two clubs have agreed to the trade already which will be done as soon as trading opens. Nothing worse than trades that drag on delaying a heap of other trades.

Pick 6 is about the correct price given how much was paid for Treloar and Beams recently.

Given the improvement in a number of the lower clubs it is probable that Richmond could finish even lower on the ladder next year so give up pick 6 because next years could be pick 3 or 4.

Highly likely that the two clubs have agreed to the trade already which will be done as soon as trading opens. Nothing worse than trades that drag on delaying a heap of other trades.

Pick 6 is about the correct price given how much was paid for Treloar and Beams recently.
Just as probable we move up the ladder, this snot is getting old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Compare the pair

He is a gun and will play 22 games a year for the yellow and black!
But nah, not worth pick 6...

He is a gun and will play 22 games a year for the white and black!
2 first rounders - superstar - lets no piss fart around

Hmm...

Thats the sticky point

I'm sorry, where did you park the DeLorean?

Was great watching that the other night... but seriously you can't think you will finish too much higher next year so I don't see the problem? Pick 6 for Prestia and a late 2nd? I don't know?

I think Richmond will try to do it for next yrs 1st rounder, Hardwick needs as much talent as he can get as quick as he can get it, bringing in Prestia plus pick 6 helps a lot.

But as expected Gold Coast will ask for pick 6.

This trade could take a while for both parties to find some middle ground.

Was great watching that the other night... but seriously you can't think you will finish too much higher next year so I don't see the problem? Pick 6 for Prestia and a late 2nd? I don't know?

Why not? Most supporters dont think our list is as bad as oppo supporters do, and with all due respect, I would think most of us know our list better.

We dont bat deep, but our best 22 is more than capable

Why not? Most supporters dont think our list is as bad as oppo supporters do, and with all due respect, I would think most of us know our list better.

We dont bat deep, but our best 22 is more than capable

Of course you do and I totally agree that you being the supporters would know but I just personally don't see it... I am expecting a 14-11th finish as Deledio will struggle to get on the park but Dusty/Rance are pretty incredible but if they go down I just don't see the depth coming through

Don't reckon Lennon would be part of the trade, personally. Rate his value similar to Freeman last year as a second rounder. Plus, if the rumours are true about Deledio being traded, Lennon would probably stay as it was Lids keeping him out.

Back to Prestia, and he would be Richmond's best 2 way midfielder. Wins the ball, clearances and tackles. None of our mids are that great defensively, so Prestia would be our most rounded midfielder.

The only issue that I and most other Richmond fans have with Prestia is his injury concerns. If he can stay on the Park he is worth pick 6 outright, but he has only played 22 games once in his career, and above 20 twice. Of his 6 seasons so far, he has played 14 or less in 3.

Career suicide. What an idiot.

How is it suicide? Because we are crap? If you have had injury concerns, and in a career that on average only lasts 5 years, why wouldn't you look after yourself and go where the money is? Prestia just looking after himself for when football does end for him. Can't blame him.

I assume this is costing the tigs a bit in both salary cap (for him to declare to the tigers) and in draft picks (he's at least a first rounder).

So the tigers will have a midfield with a bit more depth and still have problems in every other line on the park and one less high draft pick to fill it. This move tells me that they're almost certainly going to trade Deledio for a high draft pick in this draft to get a decent forward/CHB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back