List Mgmt. 2016 Trade, Draft and free agency news (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the most unconvincing comment I've ever heard :huh:

I was listening when it was said. Seemed pretty certain and said that Ralphy was the nearest to the mark according to his source and he is the only one who has put Hawthorn in his top 3 sides to get JOM so interesting but like everything else until JOM comes out and says where he wants to go it's all just noise.

Afl will push JOM to any club other than ours. that's pretty obvious move.

I will preface this by saying I am definitely a believer in the AFL being above there own laws sometimes BUT to think they are going to have any say in where OMeara ends up is ridiculous.

Every single person in the football world couldn't believe buddy went to the swans when everyone thought the AFL manufactured his move to GWS.

Last edited:
I will preface this by saying I am definitely a believer in the AFL being above there own laws sometimes BUT to think they are going to have any say in where OMeara ends up is ridiculous.

Every single person in the football world couldn't believe buddy went to the swans when everyone thought the AFL manufactured his move to GWS.
That's because it still comes down to the will of the player. AFL could set it up for GWS to pay a heap outside the cap to allow a 5 year $10M but if Buddy still wanted to play for Sydney that's where he would (and did) end up.

Same applies here. The AFL can adjust things to allow other clubs to make unbeatably tempting deals but at the end of the day if JOM wants the Hawks we'll get him.

Keep hearing his name come up but not sure if he offers anything we already don't have?
Burton and Sicily plus TOb.
The difference is he is a bigger bodied tall who is capable of playing at both ends of the ground. Also a decent kick and very good one on one.
O'Brien is the other competing with him but he lacks the size that's required and struggles to put on the mass. I think with Roughs absense we need another strong bodied swingman and I like the competitiveness he brings.

That being said, if we get Omeara and or Mitchell we won't have much left to table an offer for anyone.

For those of us with Twitter blocked at work, can you please cut and paste who and what the tweet was?

The last word in the tweet is 'Hawthorn'

Jon Ralph said its between Hawthorn, Essendon & St Kilda... he goes on to say that Ralph seems to be the only one with a direct line of convo with JOM's manager & appears close to the mark.

Brian goes on to say that he expects JOM to nominate us & it will appear to come 'out of the blue' ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Upon thinking about Prestias announcement-

If Jaeger wanted to go to bombers saints or pies ect, he would already have announced it, or be announcing very soon.

The longer the silence from him the more likely it is going to be us. North are a chance but all the rumours for a long time are that its us.

If its a week and still nothing, its certainly down to only North or us. When North lose to Adelaide, if theres still no announcement, its 100% us

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

The last word in the tweet is 'Hawthorn'

Jon Ralph said its between Hawthorn, Essendon & St Kilda... he goes on to say that Ralph seems to be the only one with a direct line of convo with JOM's manager & appears close to the mark.

Brian goes on to say that he expects JOM to nominate us & it will appear to come 'out of the blue' ;)
Sounds a bit like what happen with James Frawley...

Gee, Mitchell and JOM... don't know how we will make it happen... BUT MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Upon thinking about Prestias announcement-

If Jaeger wanted to go to bombers saints or pies ect, he would already have announced it, or be announcing very soon.

The longer the silence from him the more likely it is going to be us. North are a chance but all the rumours for a long time are that its us.

If its a week and still nothing, its certainly down to only North or us. When North lose to Adelaide, if theres still no announcement, its 100% us

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
North will probably concentrate on David Swallow... but i guess they have a lot of salary cap room now.

I feel if JOM is actually coming to us, he's been promised a back loaded contract based on performance.
We re-signed hodge Burgoyne and Gibson on cut 1 year deals, so if jaegers knee holds up in his first season and he performs, they'll retire and free up more money for him post 2017. So basically he'll start on a low contract and that will be raised post 2017, PROVIDED his knee holds up and he performs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back