Mega Thread Things that s**t me part XI - The Eleventh One!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
United flight LA to Sydney, no personal TVs so everyone watches the same s**t (in 2009, FFS). Our TV flickered the whole flight. 14 hours! Absolute torture. Seriously, people would lose jobs if they subjected Guantanamo prisoners to that s**t!

It was still like that in 2011. I was coming back from LA and got on my Qantas flight only to be marched off 20 minutes later as the strike action had just started. Booked a United flight for the next day as I needed to be back ASAP for work - should've just waited for Qantas to re-start services.

Also, usually pairs of women who block the entire aisle with trolleys while they gossip.

And people who just stop while you're walking behind them, usually as you've just gone through the automatic doors.
Worse I've seen is at the top/bottom of escalators.

A group of 3 people stood at the bottom deciding where to go.

Also, usually pairs of women who block the entire aisle with trolleys while they gossip.

And people who just stop while you're walking behind them, usually as you've just gone through the automatic doors.

Last week, I was in Woolies grabbing a few things. The last thing my parents asked me to grab was some ice cream. So I went to the frozen section and there was a man and woman deliberating on what to get, in front of the same door I wanted to get to.

I didn't mind at first, but several minutes went by and I was stuffing around on my phone, just waiting for them. They picked something and started to walk away when the woman said "Oh, wait a second! How about caramel?!". It was at this point I started to get pissed off. They knew I was waiting to get in there, but they clearly didn't give a s**t. They took another couple minutes being indecisive pricks, before walking away as if nothing happened. I went to the door, grabbed something and left within the space of five seconds.

I was surprised at how maturely I handled the whole thing. Then again, I was a hell of a lot younger when they first started looking for ice cream.

People at ATM's taking forever. How long does it take to withdraw some cash? I'm there for 30 seconds. But this morning on my way to work I pulled up to one, an old guy was at the ATM when I got there and I was waiting there for about 5 minutes. He re-inserted his card two or three times, scratched his arse, looked around for a bit. Finally his money came out, then he stood there putting it into his wallet and slowly walked off, looking back at the ATM to make sure it didn't spurt out any more of his money or some s**t? just get the **** out of my way! :rolleyes:
Oh god Yes.

It constantly amazes me how people can take so long. Insert card, enter pin, select amount, remove card, take cash, leave. It's not ******* astrophysics.

Last week, I was in Woolies grabbing a few things. The last thing my parents asked me to grab was some ice cream. So I went to the frozen section and there was a man and woman deliberating on what to get, in front of the same door I wanted to get to.

I didn't mind at first, but several minutes went by and I was stuffing around on my phone, just waiting for them. They picked something and started to walk away when the woman said "Oh, wait a second! How about caramel?!". It was at this point I started to get pissed off. They knew I was waiting to get in there, but they clearly didn't give a s**t. They took another couple minutes being indecisive pricks, before walking away as if nothing happened. I went to the door, grabbed something and left within the space of five seconds.

I was surprised at how maturely I handled the whole thing. Then again, I was a hell of a lot younger when they first started looking for ice cream.
Should have just said excuse me, can I grab something?

I waited at a deli on a ******* Sunday afternoon at IGA for 15 minutes because the woman in front of me wanted everything thinly sliced. FFS.

My wife does this same s**t and it drives me nuts. You have a voice, you can form a sentence. Talk.

those who attempt to turn right onto a busy road during peak hour. the ordeal lasted 5 mins but felt longer as drivers behind me utilised their horns with great effect. i was second in the queue, hence behind the offending driver. eventually there was a break and he/she entered the fray.

If anyone knows the Camberwell Junction, there's no turning right at all times.

Everytime I go for a walk past there, there's always a car trying to do a right turn.

just shake head at people who do that....despite signs clearly indicating otherwise!

I just would have said excuse me and reached in for what i wanted. If you haven't made up your mind you can't expect to block acess for those who have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

variable speed limits on the Monash for trucks and cars. been on it a bit today and note with interest that trucks are not abiding by the rule. what's the point of having this when/if it is not policed heavily?

There is no point of having any road laws for trucks they don't abide by anything, they own the roads.

Didnt you know Peternorth?

I don't understand why there are so many truck drivers who don't realise their vehicles are too high for some overpasses. Way too many incidents these days.

That reminds me.

We haven't had any August hits of the Montague St bridge.

My bloody airline scheduling assignment for uni. Absolute nightmare. Wish the lecturer had given us a bloody algorithm for it or something to make it a tad easier to figure out.

We had a purchasing stocks assignment in year 6, whose ever showed the most growth was the winner, you could trade your stocks twice but the assigment period was a week. What my friend and I failed to take into account was the limit of money you could invest and were pretty much rolling like Richard Branson only to be told at the end of the week that we were infact idiots.

Micro managing.

My manager has a meeting with our 2IC EVERY morning for at least half an hour. Today it went for 45 minutes. How much can you have to ******* talk about each day for that long? I mean, honestly. Unless you're just talking s**t about the rest of us, what's so important?

And she tells the 2IC to tell us to do stuff.

Just ARGH.

I remember after the game against St Kilda (Boomer's match) a few weeks ago, I was trudging along with the big crowd of people heading towards Southern Cross from Etihad Stadium. I was walking behind a group of guys when all of a sudden one of them stopped abruptly to light a cigarette. He stopped so quickly that I bumped straight into him. Couldn't believe that with thousands of people trying to exit the bottleneck between the stadium and the train station, he thought that the perfect time to stop on a dime was in heavy foot traffic. :rolleyes:

Also, going back to the conversation about cars turning right onto busy roads, why on earth is there no green arrow for cars turning right from Batesford Rd onto Warrigal Rd? Every Wednesday after uni I am banked in heavy traffic on Batesford trying to turn onto Warrigal (heading towards High St), and given there's usually heavy traffic crossing the intersection at the same time from the other direction, it means the only cars that can turn right are while the light goes amber.

Would be much better if there was a green arrow, even if it was for just five seconds.

My bloody airline scheduling assignment for uni. Absolute nightmare. Wish the lecturer had given us a bloody algorithm for it or something to make it a tad easier to figure out.
I used to do that in this game.

Think I suicided by going negative as I got too ambitious and bought a huge plane.
Airline_Tycoon_CD_Cover.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back