WA Country Football

Remove this Banner Ad

THIS WEEK's LIVE BROADCAST MATCH
Saturday July 5
Wongan/Ballidu v Dowerin/Wyalkatchem

Live from 2.15pm WST at www.frontiersportsmedia.com or via the TuneIn Radio app by searching for MORTLOCK MATCHDAY (you may need to create a username and password, but it is free)

We will have score updates from the AFL and MFL footy, hockey and netball as they happen.

Please forward your update scores via:
* SMS to 0478 006 636
* Facebook at the Frontier Sports Media page
* Twitter to @MortlockFooty

AND DON'T FORGET THAT WE WILL BE COVERING EVERY MORTLOCK MATCH AT THE LANDMARK CARNIVAL LIVE NEXT THURSDAY, FRIDAY AND SATURDAY!

Our coverage is provided with thanks to Bendigo Bank Goomalling, Santa Fe Wridgways, Agserve Goomalling and Store DJ

Last edited:
THIS WEEK's LIVE BROADCAST MATCHES

LANDMARK CARNIVAL 2014

Thursday July 10 at Bassendean Oval
1.25pm - Mortlock FL v Central Midlands Coastal FL
3.55pm - Mortlock FL v Eastern Districts FL

Friday July 11 at Claremont Showgrounds
10.55am - Mortlock FL v Ongerup FA
1.25pm - Mortlock FL v Peel FL

Saturday July 12 at East Fremantle Oval
12.10pm - Division 2 Final (only if Mortlock are playing)

Live at www.frontiersportsmedia.com or via the TuneIn Radio app by searching for MORTLOCK MATCHDAY (you may need to create a username and password, but it is free).

All matches will be available via podcast at Frontier Sports Media's Facebook page.

Our coverage is provided with thanks to Bendigo Bank Goomalling, Santa Fe Wridgways, Agserve Goomalling and Store DJ

LANDMARK CARNIVAL 2014 - LIVE BROADCAST OF THE DIVISION 2 FINAL

Saturday July 12 at East Fremantle Oval
12.10pm - Division 2 Final - Peel v Mortlock

Live at www.frontiersportsmedia.com or via the TuneIn Radio app by searching for MORTLOCK MATCHDAY (you may need to create a username and password, but it is free).

Each quarter will be available via podcast at Frontier Sports Media's Facebook page.

Sunday August 10
Gingin v Goomalling

The battle for the double chance is at fever pitch with two rounds to go and the Eagles have a must-win game against the visiting Blues.

Join us live from 2.15pm WST at www.frontiersportsmedia.com or via the TuneIn Radio app at the MORTLOCK MATCHDAY station.

We will have score updates from the AFL and also MFL footy, hockey and netball.

* SMS to 0478 006 636
* Facebook at the Frontier Sports Media page

Our coverage is provided with thanks to Bendigo Bank Goomalling, Agserve Goomalling, Santa Fe Wridgways and Store DJ

Sunday August 24
First Semi Final - Gingin v Dowerin/Wyalkatchem

It's do or die for the Eagles and the Tigers - the winner lives to fight another day, whilst the season ends for the vanquished.

For the next few weeks, we will start at 2.00pm to give you a longer preview of the League match and also keep you up to date on the finish of the Reserves match.

You can hear the live broadcast at www.frontiersportsmedia.com or via the TuneIn Radio app at the MORTLOCK MATCHDAY station.

We will have score updates from the AFL and also MFL hockey and netball.

* SMS to 0478 006 636

Our coverage is provided with thanks to Bendigo Bank Goomalling, Agserve Goomalling, Santa Fe Wridgways and Store DJ.

Don't forget that Frontier Sports Media will cover every MFL final live, as well as the CWFL Grand Final on August 30 and the CMCFL Grand Final on September 13.

Last edited:
THIS WEEK's BROADCAST MATCHES
Saturday August 30
Central Wheatbelt FL Grand Final - Koorda v Mukinbudin from Bencubbin

Sunday August 31
Mortlock Football League 2nd Semi Final - Calingiri v Toodyay

Both broadcasts will commence at 2.00pm.

You can hear the live broadcast at www.frontiersportsmedia.com or via the TuneIn Radio app at the MORTLOCK MATCHDAY station.

We will have score updates from the AFL and WAFL matches played on both days, as well as the hockey and netball matches played that day.

Our CWFL Matchday coverage is provided with thanks to CSBP, D & D Transport, Koorda Ag Parts, Santa Fe Wridgways, Bendigo Bank Mukinbudin, CBH, Dalwallinu Tyres, McIntosh & Son, Nufarm and Optima Agriculture.

Our Mortlock Matchday coverage is provided with thanks to Bendigo Bank Goomalling, Agserve Goomalling, Santa Fe Wridgways and Store DJ.

Don't forget that Frontier Sports Media will also cover the MFL Preliminary and Grand Finals live, as well as the CMCFL Grand Final on September 13 from Moora.

Our first season of footy broadcasts ends this weekend with another double header!

Saturday September 13
Central Midlands Coastal Football League Grand Final
Lancelin-Ledge Point v Cervantes

Live broadcast from 2.00pm at www.frontiersportsmedia.com or via the TuneIn Radio app at the MORTLOCK MATCHDAY station.

Our coverage is provided with thanks to Farmer Jacks Foodworks Moora, Tony's Auto Wreckers and Santa Fe Wridgways.

Sunday September 14
Mortlock Football League Grand Final
Calingiri v Toodyay

Live broadcast from 2.00pm at www.frontiersportsmedia.com or via the TuneIn Radio app at the MORTLOCK MATCHDAY station.
We will have score updates from the WAFL Preliminary Final and also the MFL reserves football, senior and junior hockey and netball Grand Finals.

Our coverage is provided with thanks to Bendigo Bank Goomalling, Agserve Goomalling, Santa Fe Wridgways, Wongan Hills Bakery & Cafe and Store DJ.

Wanted - Old Football Budgets from South West FL and Mortlock FL (the older the better) to either buy or scan.

If you can help, please message me.

Hi, I'm wondering whether you have electronic copies of the SWFL Football Budgets from last year? We were away from the beginning of August to the end of the season and would like to read them.

Tight battle in the Mortlock League.

Last H&A round this week, with five sides fighting for four spots and only the minor premiers,6th and 7th have been confirmed.

Current Ladder

POS TEAM P W L D FF F A % PTS
1 Toodyay League 13 11 2 0 0 1397 987 141.54 44
2 Calingiri League 13 8 5 0 0 1356 1012 133.99 32
3 Dowerin/Wylie League 13 7 6 0 0 1245 918 135.62 28
4 Gingin League 13 7 6 0 0 1084 849 127.68 28
5 Dalwallinu League 13 7 6 0 0 1061 1045 101.53 28
6 Goomalling League 14 6 8 0 0 1239 1221 101.47 24
7 Wongan Ballidu League 13 0 13 0 0 613 1963 31.23 0

Last round:
Calingiri (2) v Toodyay (1) - Calingiri needs to win to secure the double chance
Dowerin/Wyalkatchem (3) v Wongan/Ballidu (7) - Dowerin/Wylie needs to win to have any chance of finishing second
Gingin (4) v Dalwallinu (5) - winner makes the 'Four and loser finishes fifth

Tight battle in the Mortlock League.

Last H&A round this week, with five sides fighting for four spots and only the minor premiers,6th and 7th have been confirmed.

Current Ladder

POS TEAM P W L D FF F A % PTS
1 Toodyay League 13 11 2 0 0 1397 987 141.54 44
2 Calingiri League 13 8 5 0 0 1356 1012 133.99 32
3 Dowerin/Wylie League 13 7 6 0 0 1245 918 135.62 28
4 Gingin League 13 7 6 0 0 1084 849 127.68 28
5 Dalwallinu League 13 7 6 0 0 1061 1045 101.53 28
6 Goomalling League 14 6 8 0 0 1239 1221 101.47 24
7 Wongan Ballidu League 13 0 13 0 0 613 1963 31.23 0

Last round:
Calingiri (2) v Toodyay (1) - Calingiri needs to win to secure the double chance
Dowerin/Wyalkatchem (3) v Wongan/Ballidu (7) - Dowerin/Wylie needs to win to have any chance of finishing second
Gingin (4) v Dalwallinu (5) - winner makes the 'Four and loser finishes fifth
what are the chances of that hey. Would be a great match to be at that's for sure!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am pleased to confirm that I am going to be writing a book about my travels around the football leagues of Western Australia this season, which will start with a journey to the Lower South West FL on April 2 and will end at either the WAFL Grand Final or the SWFL Grand Final, depending on dates.

Once the leagues have confirmed their season fixtures, I will provide a list of the matches that I will be attending here, however I can confirm that I will be going to matches in Cervantes, Goomallling, Kalgoorlie, Lake Grace, Albany, Fremantle and Subiaco so far, as well as the WA v Tasmania game, the SA Country v WA Country game, the Great Southern and Northern Regions Colts Carnivals and also the Landmark Carnival.

The book is intended to be released in 2017.

You can follow my travels via Facebook at the WA FOOTY TRAVELLER page

I will provide a list of the games that I am going to as part of my book in a week or so, once the last of the fixtures come out. Currently, I will be going to 38 match days over 26 weekends from April 2 (at Boyup Brook in the LSWFL) to September 25 (WAFL Grand Final), and covering all 30 senior leagues in the state (the 25 country leagues, the WAFL, the WAAFL, the WA Women's League, the Metro League and also the Masters competiton).

I am also looking to provide around 12 live audio broadcasts of matches during the season, which will also be posted as podcasts on the WA FOOTY TRAVELLER Facebook page.

Brookton Pingelly doing a decent amount of recruiting this off season. Got Leroy Jetta back to the club (he played there as a junior) and a few other perth boys. Katanning seem to have mainly had outs so might come back to the pack a bit. Narrogin Hawks have lost a couple as well so might struggle to make the top 4. Think Boddington and Williams will be right up there at the end of the season but would be good to see the Panthers do well as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back