Bad Beat/Vent/Brag thread

Remove this Banner Ad

FT seemed pretty ABC from my point of view. Is this perception correct?

Wasn't too deep either (was this due to overwhelming chip leader or structure?) So lots of open shoves/fold or calls

A4 vs AQ was pretty handy for you :thumbsu: nice time to do it too

There were some horrible ICM mistakes from other players which allowed me to get 2nd

2nd in chips busting to the chip leader when we were 8 or 7 handed was horrible with 99 v KK. In a vacuum the hand isn't that bad but in that specific spot 99s needed to be folded

I adjusted the way I played a little because of those types of mistakes people were making. The better players busted early so from 6 handed in there were a lot of ICM mistakes I just kind of had to sit back and hope they made and they did which was good

So near yet so far in the Million Judds? What's your timetable for playing an event that starts around 3 am in the morning? We're at a distinct disadvantage here in Australia in terms of when an event like that starts.

So near yet so far in the Million Judds? What's your timetable for playing an event that starts around 3 am in the morning? We're at a distinct disadvantage here in Australia in terms of when an event like that starts.

i thought the Sunday Mil starts around 5am Vic time or was that during daylight saving?

Haven't played too much in a while. The odd tourney here or there, but just binked a $2.20 8-Game with nearly 100 runners for $50

Not quite at JuddsABlue score levels, but fun nonetheless :)

Plan on playing some Sunday tourneys with the PH over here on Monday. Play the Storm and a few KO's through the morning

Nice work, have only been playing Mondays since SCOOP where I played a lot, but thinking of playing more afternoon/evening sessions with the new schedule

Been away for a couple of days for work. Checking on WCOOP results and see a tourney with JuddsABlue just running a casual 3rd in chips (2.5X average) with 118 left

Go Judds! Awkward time to start playing again though!

haha yeh ty, an awkward time but got a decent sleep still

edit: 19th :( couldnt get much happening

Last edited:
haha yeh ty, an awkward time but got a decent sleep still

edit: 19th :( couldnt get much happening

Ah, well good run though!

Had an interesting PLO Splash 6-max last night. Buy in ($1.10) 3K starting with blinds at 200/400 and build a nice stack to 11K with 400/800 blinds. Then run my KKxx into AAxx and the AA holds. Leaves me with 550 chips

Win next 4 hands in a row to go back to a decent stack and then just started running like god. Flopping nuts with better draws and all sorts. Flopping sets, turning quads. Couldn't be stopped. Have 131K by end of re-buy (and add on phase) and add on for 30K more to be top 3 for chips and i'm in for $2.20. $157 up top

Kept running well and heading into the money (27 paid and i'm chip leader) crushing along and bullying which is doing me well. Get to the money with ease and can see one guy building a monster stack and KO'ing people left right and centre.... get down to 10 and this guy has 2 mil in chips with next closest at about 700K.. luckily he is not on my table

Get to FT and chip leader has 2.4Mil, i have about 500K (blinds 25/50K) and i'm 3rd. Few hands in and we've lost a couple, i get short at one stage but double nicely and get up to 900K and then suddenly we're down to me and the aggro chip leader. He has a 3 to 1 chip lead. I fold about 4 hands straight up with junk to his raises and then pick up some decent hands where i double and then double again and i'm chip leader (about 350K in lead)

i have 77xx we see the flop and its Q97 rainbow. he bets, i shove and he calls insta with Q9......

Rivers a 9 :( No 9 or Q and i'm champ. Just unlucky, but can't complain as i have run so well most of the tourney

Down to 350K, we get it all in next hand and he flops me all but dead... thanks for coming

118 not a bad consolation prize and very happy with how i played :)

Ah, well good run though!

Had an interesting PLO Splash 6-max last night. Buy in ($1.10) 3K starting with blinds at 200/400 and build a nice stack to 11K with 400/800 blinds. Then run my KKxx into AAxx and the AA holds. Leaves me with 550 chips

Win next 4 hands in a row to go back to a decent stack and then just started running like god. Flopping nuts with better draws and all sorts. Flopping sets, turning quads. Couldn't be stopped. Have 131K by end of re-buy (and add on phase) and add on for 30K more to be top 3 for chips and i'm in for $2.20. $157 up top

Kept running well and heading into the money (27 paid and i'm chip leader) crushing along and bullying which is doing me well. Get to the money with ease and can see one guy building a monster stack and KO'ing people left right and centre.... get down to 10 and this guy has 2 mil in chips with next closest at about 700K.. luckily he is not on my table

Get to FT and chip leader has 2.4Mil, i have about 500K (blinds 25/50K) and i'm 3rd. Few hands in and we've lost a couple, i get short at one stage but double nicely and get up to 900K and then suddenly we're down to me and the aggro chip leader. He has a 3 to 1 chip lead. I fold about 4 hands straight up with junk to his raises and then pick up some decent hands where i double and then double again and i'm chip leader (about 350K in lead)

i have 77xx we see the flop and its Q97 rainbow. he bets, i shove and he calls insta with Q9......

Rivers a 9 :( No 9 or Q and i'm champ. Just unlucky, but can't complain as i have run so well most of the tourney

Down to 350K, we get it all in next hand and he flops me all but dead... thanks for coming

118 not a bad consolation prize and very happy with how i played :)

Well done mate, nice run! Bad luck at the end, but I guess that's poker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done mate, nice run! Bad luck at the end, but I guess that's poker.

Indeed it is.

Also made the FT of the 6-max $2.20 the night before, went really late/early the next day and tried to make a deal that would've locked me up $120 and then one of the players disconnected and no deal was made. Play was resumed and he didn't get "sat out" meaning we had to wait a long time for each hand.... and then he comes back and i get knocked out for $60... as opposed to the 120 i had in the deal.... grr

At the final table of the $2.20 Ante up now. $89 up top

6/6 currently. 3 KO's already at the FT

Got 5th in a 16.50 PLO 6-Max Hyper this morning too. Was 4/6 heading in to the FT and ran KKJ9 double suited into AAxx and couldn't get there after 1 bustout prior

$74 ($58 profit)

In the Ante up Mini $3.30 WCOOP PKO. Have $18 in bounties and made day 2 :)

First day 2 ever for me :D

44/250 remaining.... now i have to figure out sleep after the Crows game... if we win, i can't see me being able to sleep easily, but will need some kip as i've been up since 5am today..... hmm.......

Forgot to post that I finished 46/8156 in the ante up

Peaked at 1.7 Million chips (started day with 587K) Had a super soft first few tables and then got the chip leader on my table and he was that far ahead he bullied his way round. He was 2 to my left and EVERY time I opened, he re-raised. Every time I limped (5 chips to call lol) he put in a huge raise to try and get everyone else off

Was frustrating. Got moved away again after a while, then my table broke once more and ended up again with him in same position on me :( He kept doing the same thing, every time I opened, he re-popped it. Then i noticed he was folding to really small shoves. He would raise to half pot (45K) and then he would fold to someone shoving for 400K more (he had over 5 mil in chips....) and with the PKO, I thought it was weird....

My final hand was KJdd, I raised, direct on my left called, same guy re-pops (again).... I tank and think it's time to take a stand as I had seen him fold to way smaller bets earlier (I was 40/46 in chips at this stage) so I shove

Guy directly on left folds and villain snaps with QQ (of course he has a hand here) I flop a J but can't get any other help and see ya later :(

Ended up with $35 in bounties (started day with 18) and $19 in prize money. A lot of play for not a lot of return, but a good experience with so much post flop play. Considering I won an ante up the couple of days before, maybe those level ante up's are good for me? Or i'm just running good and that'll go soon..... ;)

Forgot to post that I finished 46/8156 in the ante up

Peaked at 1.7 Million chips (started day with 587K) Had a super soft first few tables and then got the chip leader on my table and he was that far ahead he bullied his way round. He was 2 to my left and EVERY time I opened, he re-raised. Every time I limped (5 chips to call lol) he put in a huge raise to try and get everyone else off

Was frustrating. Got moved away again after a while, then my table broke once more and ended up again with him in same position on me :( He kept doing the same thing, every time I opened, he re-popped it. Then i noticed he was folding to really small shoves. He would raise to half pot (45K) and then he would fold to someone shoving for 400K more (he had over 5 mil in chips....) and with the PKO, I thought it was weird....

My final hand was KJdd, I raised, direct on my left called, same guy re-pops (again).... I tank and think it's time to take a stand as I had seen him fold to way smaller bets earlier (I was 40/46 in chips at this stage) so I shove

Guy directly on left folds and villain snaps with QQ (of course he has a hand here) I flop a J but can't get any other help and see ya later :(

Ended up with $35 in bounties (started day with 18) and $19 in prize money. A lot of play for not a lot of return, but a good experience with so much post flop play. Considering I won an ante up the couple of days before, maybe those level ante up's are good for me? Or i'm just running good and that'll go soon..... ;)

Well played again mate, enjoying your posts. :thumbsu:

Looking forward to the one where you go to Vegas and make the November nine! :D

Well played again mate, enjoying your posts. :thumbsu:

Looking forward to the one where you go to Vegas and make the November nine! :D

Going to Vegas is a long way off..... Making the November nine. Haha. In my dreams i have, in my dreams..... :)

Also need to see if this vein of form is just a hot card streak, or i have actually made some improvements (have been watching a lot of streams of recent)

I have found myself not getting angry anymore at bad beats which must be helping. Watching Somerville a lot has helped that i think

Got 5th in a 16.50 PLO 6-Max Hyper this morning too. Was 4/6 heading in to the FT and ran KKJ9 double suited into AAxx and couldn't get there after 1 bustout prior

$74 ($58 profit)

In the Ante up Mini $3.30 WCOOP PKO. Have $18 in bounties and made day 2 :)

First day 2 ever for me :D

44/250 remaining.... now i have to figure out sleep after the Crows game... if we win, i can't see me being able to sleep easily, but will need some kip as i've been up since 5am today..... hmm.......

I should clarify that the 6-max PLO Hyper was a $7.50 buy in, not the $16.50 i claimed (was super tired when i made that post). Not a big deal, but wanted it to be corrected

Just got 2nd in a $11 6-max PKO. Won $76 in bounties and $127 for 2nd (made a deal as we were 100 blinds deep)

lost with AAxx vs 8994 and he turned trip 8's vs some monster draws for me. lost 95% of my stack and was over next hand. Guy was an Aussie and uber aggressive. Had a few good hands heads up, but couldnt get a whole lot going

on the last 2 tables, i had the easiest run..... bullying the * out of everyone with a huge stack... check out my chip graph at the time:

209sg1g.png

Went to heads up identical in chips with 200K each..... got a lead of 250K to 150K at one stage but couldn't go on with it for the bounties :( A little annoyed with myself TBH, but ah well. Ran well once again

Only got the Royal flush......Lol

PokerStars Hand #159009875094: Tournament #1652621084, $10+$1 USD HORSE (7 Card Stud Limit) - Level XXIX (2000/4000) - 2016/09/23 21:11:59 ET
Table '1652621084 66' 8-max
Seat 1: Miss Cue Tip (19600 in chips)
Seat 2: CockBars (4712 in chips)
Seat 3: jonorgia (23200 in chips)
Seat 4: korjae (52372 in chips)
Seat 5: andspoker (48960 in chips)
Seat 6: prawnsong (79442 in chips)
Seat 7: elZbellZ86 (38120 in chips)
Seat 8: Evolved23 (71220 in chips)
andspoker: posts the ante 400
prawnsong: posts the ante 400
elZbellZ86: posts the ante 400
Evolved23: posts the ante 400
Miss Cue Tip: posts the ante 400
CockBars: posts the ante 400
jonorgia: posts the ante 400
korjae: posts the ante 400
*** 3rd STREET ***
Dealt to Miss Cue Tip [5h]
Dealt to CockBars [3s]
Dealt to jonorgia [2s]
Dealt to korjae [4h]
Dealt to andspoker [Kc]
Dealt to prawnsong [Tc]
Dealt to elZbellZ86 [6c]
Dealt to Evolved23 [Qd 6d Ad]
jonorgia: bets 2000
korjae: folds
andspoker: folds
prawnsong: folds
elZbellZ86: folds
Evolved23: raises 2000 to 4000
Miss Cue Tip: folds
CockBars: raises 312 to 4312 and is all-in
jonorgia: calls 2312
Evolved23: calls 312
*** 4th STREET ***
Dealt to CockBars [3s] [3d]
Dealt to jonorgia [2s] [Qc]
Dealt to Evolved23 [Qd 6d Ad] [Jd]
Pair on board - a double bet is allowed
jonorgia: checks
Evolved23: bets 2000
jonorgia: folds
Uncalled bet (2000) returned to Evolved23
*** 5th STREET ***
Dealt to CockBars [3s 3d] [9s]
Dealt to Evolved23 [Qd 6d Ad Jd] [Td]
*** 6th STREET ***
Dealt to CockBars [3s 3d 9s] [Qh]
Dealt to Evolved23 [Qd 6d Ad Jd Td] [Kd]
*** RIVER ***
Dealt to Evolved23 [Qd 6d Ad Jd Td Kd] [8d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Evolved23: shows [Qd 6d Ad Jd Td Kd 8d] (a Royal Flush)
CockBars: shows [Ac As 3s 3d 9s Qh Th] (two pair, Aces and Threes)
Evolved23 collected 16136 from pot
CockBars finished the tournament
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 16136 | Rake 0
Seat 1: Miss Cue Tip folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 2: CockBars showed [Ac As 3s 3d 9s Qh Th] and lost with two pair, Aces and Threes
Seat 3: jonorgia folded on the 4th Street
Seat 4: korjae folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 5: andspoker folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 6: prawnsong folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 7: elZbellZ86 folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Evolved23 showed [Qd 6d Ad Jd Td Kd 8d] and won (16136) with a Royal Flush

was playing a cash game on stars getting no luck and starting to go on tilt these two donkeys were raising huge every hand and always winning with s**t so finally i had enough and say to my self the next hand remotely capable of winning im calling. so of course as usual utg massive over raise then flat flat. i have A10dd suited as i like to call the pub poker nuts so true to my word i call feeling like a donkey. ended up busting kings,queens and a set of 9's by turning the flush. got paid off huge and i left the table. moral of the story stars rewards donkey plays :p

FML :(:'(

PokerStars Hand #159328704382: Tournament #1677969054, $3.00+$0.30 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XI (250/500) - 2016/10/01 23:48:18 AEST [2016/10/01 9:48:18 ET]
Table '1677969054 107' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: rogeriochap (4259 in chips)
Seat 2: Pelligroso (10734 in chips)
Seat 3: bugz88 (26085 in chips)
Seat 4: zorgart (16746 in chips)
Seat 5: Alliee440 (13234 in chips)
Seat 6: NekiyEvgeniy (31435 in chips)
Seat 7: duplo1182 (32623 in chips)
Seat 8: eagle950148 (11910 in chips)
Seat 9: fofo7788 (14715 in chips)
rogeriochap: posts the ante 50
Pelligroso: posts the ante 50
bugz88: posts the ante 50
zorgart: posts the ante 50
Alliee440: posts the ante 50
NekiyEvgeniy: posts the ante 50
duplo1182: posts the ante 50
eagle950148: posts the ante 50
fofo7788: posts the ante 50
duplo1182: posts small blind 250
eagle950148: posts big blind 500
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bugz88 [8h 8s]
fofo7788: folds
rogeriochap: calls 500
Pelligroso: folds
bugz88: calls 500
zorgart: folds
Alliee440: folds
NekiyEvgeniy: folds
duplo1182: folds
eagle950148: checks
*** FLOP *** [3c 5c 8d]
eagle950148: checks
rogeriochap has timed out while being disconnected
rogeriochap: checks
bugz88: checks
*** TURN *** [3c 5c 8d] [Jc]
eagle950148: bets 500
rogeriochap is disconnected
rogeriochap is connected
rogeriochap: folds
bugz88: calls 500
*** RIVER *** [3c 5c 8d Jc] [5d]
eagle950148: bets 1000
bugz88: raises 2500 to 3500
eagle950148: raises 7360 to 10860 and is all-in
bugz88: calls 7360
*** SHOW DOWN ***
eagle950148: shows [5h 5s] (four of a kind, Fives)
bugz88: shows [8h 8s] (a full house, Eights full of Fives)
eagle950148 collected 24920 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 24920 | Rake 0
Board [3c 5c 8d Jc 5d]
Seat 1: rogeriochap folded on the Turn
Seat 2: Pelligroso folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: bugz88 showed [8h 8s] and lost with a full house, Eights full of Fives
Seat 4: zorgart folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Alliee440 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: NekiyEvgeniy (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: duplo1182 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: eagle950148 (big blind) showed [5h 5s] and won (24920) with four of a kind, Fives
Seat 9: fofo7788 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back