Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live wire

Rookie
Sep 6, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
any news on who's to take the reigns at Balwyn , talk at the NFL grand final on Saturday that Marty pask has the job .
I no a club in the NFL. Are interested in him .

I think Wade Porter might also have had the most votes one year playing for East Ringwood and was unable to win it.

Schneider hasn't had much luck with awards. When he won the Box Hill B&F in 2011 Hawthorn delisted him!

Looks like Rowville are getting set for a big tilt next year with some talented additions including the big ruckman fromFrankston.

Looks like Rowville are getting set for a big tilt next year with some talented additions including the big ruckman fromFrankston.

The mighty "Sika" Sikora. Wish he was still at Pacco in EDFL. Ripper guy and will give you everything he has. His a bit of a journeyman but guessing he might stay at the club for a few years as he lives out that way. His table for presentation night will fill fast, so get in early as you won't be disappointed.

Werent Balwyn awarded extra player points in 2016? If so, this quote from their Footy Director in the Leader is a lil rich.
“Effectively, it is two more players. I think every league should be on the same – same points and same money – and then everyone is on even ground.”

All EFL teams were on 50 points last year with no exceptions to my knowledge - why give one team an edge?

EFL has lowered it's points cap to 47 where all others are 48

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Werent Balwyn awarded extra player points in 2016? If so, this quote from their Footy Director in the Leader is a lil rich.
“Effectively, it is two more players. I think every league should be on the same – same points and same money – and then everyone is on even ground.”

Lil Rich?? - he makes a valid point that the League should address.
Would have thought getting some facts correct should be a criteria before potting public comments.

Does anyone have a valid reason as to why the EFL would allow the EDFL a free hit?

Lil Rich?? - he makes a valid point that the League should address.
Would have thought getting some facts correct should be a criteria before potting public comments.

Does anyone have a valid reason as to why the EFL would allow the EDFL a free hit?

I did say if so. Nothing wrong with speculation after hearing it from multiple people, earlier on in the year. If not, probably in no real position to be upset after a faaiirllyyyy good run in recent years!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The great Noble Park champ Craig Anderson heading to Pascoe Vale to play with some mates and be closer to home. Fair footy resume! Great get for the EDFL Panthers in there quest for success...

Hope Ando doesn't expect to see facilities like that magnificent set up at the bullring. But we do have the Pacco BBQ and passionate supporters..

Anyway back to the EDFL thread for me!

Balwyn have lost Nathan Gordon 6 points in 2016. All existing players do drop a point for each year of service so while they have recruited 2, 6 pointers I imagine that would have to put them close to the 47 point limit. It is an interesting choice to bring in a couple with such high point values.

The points system is working well, but it was never intended to completely stop clubs from recruiting at all, let alone have immediate results.

Balwyn have lost Nathan Gordon 6 points in 2016. All existing players do drop a point for each year of service so while they have recruited 2, 6 pointers I imagine that would have to put them close to the 47 point limit. It is an interesting choice to bring in a couple with such high point values.

The points system is working well, but it was never intended to completely stop clubs from recruiting at all, let alone have immediate results.

I don’t blame Balwyn. They are playing within the rules and good on them but the very generous (in my opinion) points cap allows this to happen. Seriously how many other suburban clubs can compete with this?

Fault lies with the AFL. 50 points (if that still the total) hardly encourages junior development or an even competition. Fortunately, in tiered comps like the EFL and VAFA, lopsided scores are less frequent but in some country and smaller metro comps some of the margins are ridiculous.

If they are fair dinkum about points having an impact drop it under 40.

I don’t blame Balwyn. They are playing within the rules and good on them but the very generous (in my opinion) points cap allows this to happen. Seriously how many other suburban clubs can compete with this?

Fault lies with the AFL. 50 points (if that still the total) hardly encourages junior development or an even competition. Fortunately, in tiered comps like the EFL and VAFA, lopsided scores are less frequent but in some country and smaller metro comps some of the margins are ridiculous.

The figure is 48 points this year and I agree that's still too high as Deer Park laughed off 50 points this season as every player dropped a point.

I find it a little funny reading on social media how Balwyn weren't going to re-sign Gordon because of the reduced points & salary cap, yet read a few days later they signed Farren Ray straight out of the AFL

I'd think the points will eventually get down to 40 or so, probably even less. Plenty of country leagues have caps below 40, and i think in some leagues there have been teams put on the park that are 22 points or so.

However, if they had set it that low from the outset it would have cut clubs off at the knees. This is a long term plan, not an overnight thing. I presume the idea is to encourage junior development, but there still needs to be some lead in time to allow clubs to get themselves prepared...

The figure is 48 points this year and I agree that's still too high as Deer Park laughed off 50 points this season as every player dropped a point.

I find it a little funny reading on social media how Balwyn weren't going to re-sign Gordon because of the reduced points & salary cap, yet read a few days later they signed Farren Ray straight out of the AFL

Also Jonathon Simpkin returning, and former West Coast Damian Cavka training there.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...r/news-story/a3243044e045275a1f42443d7115c2dc

Eastern FL Division One thread for 2011 season.
I don't usually complain, but I'm going to.
I know that there aren't many people contributing to the site but, when you click on the thread and are confronted with "Eastern FL Division One thread for 2011 season" it doesn't look any good and doesn't appear to be how things are done with other Leagues.
Could we please have a brand new thread for all divisions for 2017. It wouldn't appear to be a difficult task. Maybe it will encourage more contributors when they are no longer faced with a regurgitated version of the 2011 thread.

I don't usually complain, but I'm going to.
I know that there aren't many people contributing to the site but, when you click on the thread and are confronted with "Eastern FL Division One thread for 2011 season" it doesn't look any good and doesn't appear to be how things are done with other Leagues.
Could we please have a brand new thread for all divisions for 2017. It wouldn't appear to be a difficult task. Maybe it will encourage more contributors when they are no longer faced with a regurgitated version of the 2011 thread.
Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back