Past Player - Keenan Ramsey

Remove this Banner Ad

I've seen him play at the SA under 18's as a KPD and at Port Adelaide Academy level as both a KPF(Which I think he started as) and a KPD.

In the long term he will be a defender but he is capable of being thrown forward in stints.
I think his best trait is his disposal efficiency, Very good for a big bloke.

Will be a great pick up for you guys. :)

6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a503761e970b-800wi

Welcome to the club Gordon, or is it Chef?

When Ramsey played up forward in the Port Adelaide Academy early in the season. He would be playing next to SANFL Maggies listed player Sam Gordon and on the team sheet it would have "F: Gordon - Ramsey - " :D

While i was hoping for a mature KPD >195cm (e.g. Hartley), I'm really happy with this pick.

This kid just looks like a 'true footballer'…has good height, skill, decision making, determination, highlights show an aggressive intent at the contest…I'll be shocked if he doesn't end up an AFL player.

I felt this way about Jake Kelly last year, except I'm even more confident in Ramsey.

Yep, this guy seems like a solid contested mark, a great disposer of the ball (both by hand and foot), and seems to have nice versatility.

Love the fact he kept McCartin to two goals agains Vic Country, too.

I've seen him play at the SA under 18's as a KPD and at Port Adelaide Academy level as both a KPF(Which I think he started as) and a KPD.

In the long term he will be a defender but he is capable of being thrown forward in stints.
I think his best trait is his disposal efficiency, Very good for a big bloke.

Will be a great pick up for you guys. :)
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-12-03/ramsey-keen-for-opportunity

Ramsey earned an invite to the Draft Combine, where he was the only player to record a perfect score in the kicking test.

good disposal indeed

What a great kid. I love how we've drafted really level headed kids, a number have had to work through adversity and have come out the other side confident in their ability but also under no illusions about the need to work hard to get where you want to be. I really hope Keenan makes it, I will be following him closely for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well he might need to go some way to earning some supports respect, doesn't have mine right now.. Geez these guys must be stupid to be posting these things the year they are possibly getting drafted.. So the nickname tweet has already been taken by the carlton bloke, wonder what this will get him?

Agree with this.

These potential recruits need to learn that before they get recruited every part of their life is going to be scrutinised by the talent scouts, and when they are drafted, then every part of their life is going to be scrutinised by the fans and the media (I'm not saying it's right, just saying how it is). For those that watched The Recruit, when they had their media training with Anthony Hudson, he showed up quite a few ordinary pictures, tweets, posts etc that the contestants had posted.

He knew he was making those comments about a potential employer at the time he made that tweet. It was a pretty ordinary tweet by the guy, and as a result, he starts behind the eight ball in terms of respect from some of the fans.

This is now two cases where a recruit's idiotic tweets have come back to embarrass them. Both are very lucky their respective clubs overlooked it, but one day a club is going to overlook a player as a result of a silly Tweet or Facebook post.

Agree with this.

These potential recruits need to learn that before they get recruited every part of their life is going to be scrutinised by the talent scouts, and when they are drafted, then every part of their life is going to be scrutinised by the fans and the media (I'm not saying it's right, just saying how it is). For those that watched The Recruit, when they had their media training with Anthony Hudson, he showed up quite a few ordinary pictures, tweets, posts etc that the contestants had posted.

He knew he was making those comments about a potential employer at the time he made that tweet. It was a pretty ordinary tweet by the guy, and as a result, he starts behind the eight ball in terms of respect from some of the fans.

This is now two cases where a recruit's idiotic tweets have come back to embarrass them. Both are very lucky their respective clubs overlooked it, but one day a club is going to overlook a player as a result of a silly Tweet or Facebook post.
Fortunately recruiters understand they are dealing with kids, not football drones

871266-3cd17508-7abe-11e4-a2c7-3f86b5167618.jpg

DOB 23/08/1996
Height: 192cm
Weight: 86kg
Paige Cordona's bio

Keenan Ramsay Position: Key defender/forward
Projected draft range: 40-rookie
Plays like: Lachie Henderson

Brenton Phillips’ move to make Keenan Ramsey South Australia’s number one key defender proved to be a masterstroke. After a move that created the unlikeliest of heroes, Ramsey can find himself very stiff to be overlooked as the All-Australian full back after a flawless championships. Most would know Ramsey’s back story by now: retinal cancer at the age of two meant that his eye was removed and such he has a glass eye, but that hasn’t stopped him. Ramsey may lack peripheral vision, but if anything it makes him move his head more, opening up greater options and angles. It’s all Ramsey knows, which is why it seemingly hasn’t had an ounce of an effect on his football to date. Ramsey started up forward during his junior football at Port and last year kicked 16 goals from 11 games: however, a switch into defence unearthed a skill set that makes him Ramsay ever so valuable to a league side. In particular, Ramsey’s spoiling, his strength to kill a contest and an ability to make his opponent accountable has seen him develop into a real prospect. His defensive attributes are quite strong, given that he tackles well and isn’t a stranger for getting into a scrap. He’s a great mark, reading the ball well in flight and protecting the drop zone. He’s better suited at playing at centre half forward or back, mostly because he has foot skills that are good enough to find a team-mate further afield. He certainly could fill out further, and when he does his current skill set is only going to be enhanced. He does have a limited ceiling because he doesn’t possess huge closing speed, a massive leap or elite athleticism, but his goal kicking at the combine returned a perfect score.

Really surprised by this one. Think he will end up somewhere else and I liked what he had to offer, I thought we needed depth in his position and that he'd get more time and opportunity to prove himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back