Southern FNL Div One 2016

Who will win the SFNL Div 1 Flag in 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

100 point boring, one sided piece of crap game. All 3 div GF have been embarrassments to ALL clubs in each division apart from the premiers.

Thank god Port Colts are in Div 1 to give Dingley a challenger but more importantly take out a div 1 'clogger' (pity they cant drop 2 clubs) Interesting review of clubs in Div 1 that haven't won a flag or played finals since the turn of the century. You can't continue to exist on the Pretenders brand. Move up or move out.

If Div 2 sides can get their act together and get into div 1 as the teams there now have no idea against Dingley.

Severely underestimated dingley, unfortunately I couldn't watch it so I can't comment on the game but obviously dingley were and still are a step above the rest of the comp

Farm
Severely underestimated dingley, unfortunately I couldn't watch it so I can't comment on the game but obviously dingley were and still are a step above the rest of the comp
farmer was injured most of of the year. The breaks helped him. Should of kicked 8

Look besides Tony Lavars I don't see too many retirements out of that side. Add a couple of more recruits & its a very very good chance
With the Dolphins falling over don't be surprised to see Noodles and Peety make a return. There will be changes regardless. There is only so much you can pay. The club will only pay what they can afford. Some guys will ask for more coin, some will take pay cuts. Still a good position to be in rather than having to go out and find players. We expect our 2's and 3's to take a hit next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on the last few years I'd say so.

Mordi (promoted 2015) finished 2nd.
Oakleigh Districts (promoted 2016) finished 3rd.

Port were dominant in Div 2 final so should go 3rd - 6th for mine.
Thanks Greg 6th is a stretch wouldn't you think?

The rumours and innuendo that I've heard on Port Colts in the last week are they played poorly in the division 2 grand final and still won easy. Asking around the traps was told that Colts lost a few players that didn't want to come across to play division 2. Some players that might be enticed to come back now Colts are in division 1.
They will need to recruit through

The rumours and innuendo that I've heard on Port Colts in the last week are they played poorly in the division 2 grand final and still won easy. Asking around the traps was told that Colts lost a few players that didn't want to come across to play division 2. Some players that might be enticed to come back now Colts are in division 1.
They will need to recruit through

Agree. Port Colts were magnificent this year, however the standard in Div 2 was probably the worst it has been in a few years. They will need to improve by 25% next season to remain competitive. Six months is a long time in park footy, but you would have to assume that Dingley, Bentleigh and Oakleigh Districts will be up there. Clayton surprised many with their effort this year and will be looking to maintain the momentum. Mordialloc have been consistent and will be looking to further develop. East Malvern will be disappointed by 2016 and will compete hard, and then you have St.Pauls that will look to bounce back hard. Cheltenham ended the season well and look like they may start delivering on their potential. St.Kilda City could be under some pressure next season.

Agree. Port Colts were magnificent this year, however the standard in Div 2 was probably the worst it has been in a few years. They will need to improve by 25% next season to remain competitive. Six months is a long time in park footy, but you would have to assume that Dingley, Bentleigh and Oakleigh Districts will be up there. Clayton surprised many with their effort this year and will be looking to maintain the momentum. Mordialloc have been consistent and will be looking to further develop. East Malvern will be disappointed by 2016 and will compete hard, and then you have St.Pauls that will look to bounce back hard. Cheltenham ended the season well and look like they may start delivering on their potential. St.Kilda City could be under some pressure next season.

Bentleigh - Good club and will be Top 5 may require a new coach after some off field issues
Dingley - Will get stronger but have some work to do to hang on to the list
Mordi - gone . new coach required
East Malvern - 4th
Clayton - Scanlon boys back to Narre and will struggle without them
Chelt - Top 5
StPauls - will be back to its great self in 2017 Top 5
Oaks - Old list . may need to get some speed not size

Bentleigh - Good club and will be Top 5 may require a new coach after some off field issues
East Malvern - 4th
Chelt - Top 5

You haven't mentioned anything about St.kilda City? Irrespective,2017 will be probably the most interesting season in many years.

May I ask what off field issues, I didn't see anything
East Malvern - 4th
Chelt - Top 5

Back