Pauline Hanson - One Nation Party

Remove this Banner Ad

h-1.png

Conservative governments have been running scare campaigns around the world for decades and dumbing down people knowledge, that's how they win elections, so I'm not surprised by polls now saying Muslims are bad even if it was taken in Ipswich :rolleyes:. The Muslims I know are some of the best people I know, do they have bad apples, probably but all nationalities and religions do.

Study published today about the rise of Islamophobia in Australia.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...elative-married-a-muslim-20160926-grp4x0.html

The most telling quote was this:

"People who know Muslims and more about Islam as a religion are the ones who don't feel threatened.​

That quote was an opinion not a finding the study itself. The study reaserchers confirmed the essential poll of last week of 50% want to stop islam immigration by the following actual findings over 40% or respondents felt

1 Muslims dont fit into Australian society
2. Muslims pose a threat to australians
3 slightly less than 40% thought muslims should be searched more extensively atbairports etc than other citizens​

That quote was an opinion not a finding the study itself. The study reaserchers confirmed the essential poll of last week of 50% want to stop islam immigration by the following actual findings over 40% or respondents felt

3 slightly less than 40% thought muslims should be searched more extensively atbairports etc than other citizens​

Gawd, people are so easily manipulated.:rolleyes:

Study published today about the rise of Islamophobia in Australia.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...elative-married-a-muslim-20160926-grp4x0.html

The most telling quote was this:

"People who know Muslims and more about Islam as a religion are the ones who don't feel threatened."
Basically confirming that it is ignorance and fear that is driving the current wave of hate, not rational opinions.

The gaping hole in that one sided piece is what caused this focus upon Muslims in the first place? Let us not pretend with such a massive demographic represented these views are exclusive to Caucasians, its everyone else. Why?

The gaping hole in that one sided piece is what caused this focus upon Muslims in the first place? Let us not pretend with such a massive demographic represented these views are exclusive to Caucasians, its everyone else. Why?
It was funded believe it or not by the federal govt peak research body the ARC. It would have been representative of the community. People forget that hindu/buddist Indians, Christian Africans, Eastern Europeans, Chinese, Thais and other Asean countries dont have a lot of time for Islam either.

Clutching at straws? The quote was an opinion by a researcher at Deakin Uni based on the findings and data from the study.

The study actually gauged people's knowledge of Islam. So obviously the people who scored lower on their knowledge of Islam scored higher on the fear of Islam categories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was funded believe it or not by the federal govt peak research body the ARC. It would have been representative of the community. People forget that hindu/buddist Indians, Christian Africans, Eastern Europeans, Chinese, Thais and other Asean countries dont have a lot of time for Islam either.

The whole report arrives at this conclusion Muslims are persecuted by Australians due to "islamophobia". Of course by "Australians" they are actually referring to one of the most ethnically diverse and tolerant cultures on earth. Meanwhile in Paris there's huge no go areas and armed guards outside of schools and monuments. Go figure.

The whole report arrives at this conclusion Muslims are persecuted by Australians due to "islamophobia". Of course by "Australians" they are actually referring to one of the most ethnically diverse and tolerant cultures on earth. Meanwhile in Paris there's huge no go areas and armed guards outside of schools and monuments. Go figure.

You can almost guarantee that most of the population so worried about islam, dont actually know any muslims and the only contact they have with them is when the main stream media run their nightly chicken little scare campaign.

I know plenty and have employed quite a few as well. Never had a problem with any of them (except one guy who fell asleep on the job and i had to sack, never met a person so apologetic and embarrassed, couldnt be angry at him after that).

Clutching at straws? The quote was an opinion by a researcher at Deakin Uni based on the findings and data from the study.

The study actually gauged people's knowledge of Islam. So obviously the people who scored lower on their knowledge of Islam scored higher on the fear of Islam categories.
It was a spokepersonfor the lefty alfred deakin institute. In short the researchers basically said a large part of australia of all persuations have an issue with islam, something that you either try to deny or twist to suit your view. The researchers clearly stated that more research and analysis was required to interpret the 4 or 5 outcomes, 3 of which i mentioned.

That is the same as i mentioned for most of the west.

No sure I would agree with you using the word 'tolerant' based on my personal experiences.
Although on first meeting they are quick to give you a nickname, like Dago, Wog, Ching, Raghead, Frog, Coolie etc etc.

It was a spokepersonfor the lefty alfred deakin institute. In short the researchers basically said a large part of australia of all persuations have an issue with islam, something that you either try to deny or twist to suit your view. The researchers clearly stated that more research and analysis was required to interpret the 4 or 5 outcomes, 3 of which i mentioned.

That is the same as i mentioned for most of the west.

So the findings that support your anti muslim view are correct but the finding from the same organisation that those who hold anti muslim sentiment often have less actual knowledge about Islam can be written off as a lefty conspiracy? Makes sense.

So the findings that support your anti muslim view are correct but the finding from the same organisation that those who hold anti muslim sentiment often have less actual knowledge about Islam can be written off as a lefty conspiracy? Makes sense.
I would agree-people who don't fully understand something are more likely to fear/dislike it-fear of the unknown but the question is why do people think that way and why does islam provoke such views and please don't say because everyone is stupid or the right winged leftist media have brainwashed them.

Good write up about polling and in particular the Essential poll.

https://theconversation.com/one-in-...ey-panel-given-an-all-or-nothing-choice-65956

To test the impact of different methodologies, in 2014 the Scanlon Foundation administered the same questionnaire to both a random sample of the population and an online panel. It found 44% of Australia-born online panel respondents whose parents were born in Australia indicated they held “very negative” or “negative” views toward Muslims. The same demographic in the random sample had a much lower percentage (28%).

There is a second issue, just as important, with the Essential finding.

Surveys do not simply identify a rock-solid public opinion; they explore, with the potential to distort through questions asked. Essential chose not to present respondents with a range of options on Muslim immigration. Rather, it was a yes/no choice:

Would you support or oppose a ban on Muslim immigration to Australia?

I would agree-people who don't fully understand something are more likely to fear/dislike it-fear of the unknown but the question is why do people think that way and why does islam provoke such views and please don't say because everyone is stupid or the right winged leftist media have brainwashed them.

Islamophobia is simply the 21st century's version of reds under the bed.

People were deathly scared of communists back in the day as well. Even went as far as trying to have them banned (see Communist Party Case).

Are there legitimate concerns with small elements of Islam? Yes. But opportunists like Trump and Hanson blow the problems WAY out of proportion and exploit people's fears and ignorance for their own political gain.

Islamophobia is simply the 21st century's version of reds under the bed.

People were deathly scared of communists back in the day as well. Even went as far as trying to have them banned (see Communist Party Case).

Are there legitimate concerns with small elements of Islam? Yes. But opportunists like Trump and Hanson blow the problems WAY out of proportion and exploit people's fears and ignorance for their own political gain.
might be that the small element of islam don't blow things out of proportion-they just blow things up.

Where have i been anti muslim, its pretty lazy to rebut people with you are racist/homophobic or tory when faced with an alternate view.

might be that the small element of islam don't blow things out of proportion-they just blow things up.

You had a look what the west has done in the Middle East lately, Syria, Iraq,Afghanistan, I'd be careful on who is dropping the bombs.
Still haven't found those weapons of mass destruction yet and I still check under my bed for the commies Menzies was telling me were coming, been a long wait.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back