NRL 2016 NRL Premiers Cronulla Sharks discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So the Grand Final opponent is Melbourne Storm. Well coached - perennial finals side. Love to wrestle...:rolleyes:

To be the best you have to beat the best

I'm actually more confident against the Storm than heading into the prelim against the Cowboys. I know the Storm smacked us up in the last round but I think Cronulla has really ramped up form since then.

We need our forwards to dominate to be any chance of a win.

What do you lot reckon??

I have a feeling you will win. Like the Dogs in the AFL everybody who isn't a supporter of the opponent will be cheering for you.

Our attack is better. Their defence is better. But I think our defence can handle their regimented attack more than theirs can handle our x factor, not to mention the 4 prong kicking game we have.

I have a feeling you will win. Like the Dogs in the AFL everybody who isn't a supporter of the opponent will be cheering for you.

I have more confidence in the Sharks than the Dogs (if both win i'll be very happy, Sharks only and i'll be just as happy). Think we have timed the run beautifully and almost the perfect season if we get up, said at the time that I didn't want the winning streak to continue all the way until the finals because it was becoming a burden on the group.

So the Grand Final opponent is Melbourne Storm. Well coached - perennial finals side. Love to wrestle...:rolleyes:

To be the best you have to beat the best

I'm actually more confident against the Storm than heading into the prelim against the Cowboys. I know the Storm smacked us up in the last round but I think Cronulla has really ramped up form since then.

We need our forwards to dominate to be any chance of a win.

What do you lot reckon??

The key for the sharkies will be to get off to a good start. Storm a tough team to run down if they lead by more than 10 points cause they just strangle you by being structured and disciplined.

But if the storm get behind by a try or 2 they tend to struggle if they have to chase points because of their precise structure and dont look as comfortable.

As a long suffering parramatta fan i hope the sharkies get up as i haven't seen parra win a comp in my life so i know how you long suffering sharkies fans feel. And i havent forgiven the storm and probably never will after losing to them in 2009 grand final with an illegal side.

My father took me to my first Sharks game soon after we moved to Sydney in 1974. Was at the 78 GF and replay, and "we wuz robbed" (in those days there was only one referee, no replays or bunker etc. Those interested in the history should go search on "Greg Hartley" :D). 38 years later it's come round again. The dark years in-between caused my parents to lament that we'll never win in their lifetime, which sadly was prophetic (Dad died earlier this year). I shall be sporting my 1983(?) "Powers" jumper (I kept that one because of the obvious connection :D) and cheering for both of us.

Go you Sharkies :thumbsu:

Our attack is better. Their defence is better. But I think our defence can handle their regimented attack more than theirs can handle our x factor, not to mention the 4 prong kicking game we have.

I think that is the key. The Storm have the defence but we have the attack to beat them. We look good when we move the ball out wide to our runners and I am not sure they have the players to match a running side who are prepared to throw the ball around a bit. We jumped the Cowboys early on last week with our running game and hopefully we can do the same this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No sleep tonight. I won't calm down for a week.

Cronulla Sutherland Sharks - 2016 NRL Premiers

Never thought I would live to see it.

We are the ******* champions!!!!!!

Well done Sharks. Can't profess to be a huge NRL fan but I went to see the Sharks play at Hindmarsh Stadium here in Adelaide a few years ago and since then have kept an eye on their results. I am happy for the club that the hoodoo is finally broken

No sleep tonight. I won't calm down for a week.

Cronulla Sutherland Sharks - 2016 NRL Premiers

Never thought I would live to see it.

We are the ******* champions!!!!!!

Thread title fixed for you guys.

Fifita is definitely one of those x factor players I spoke of. Thankfully.

At last....

Just watched the replay and the Sharkies won that too. Unlike the last time.

Thought we were the better side for most of the night and deserved that win. We really should have been further in front at half time.

Well done to our players, the Coaches and support staff but most of all well done to those supporters who have stuck by us through the years. The stadium was a sea of black white and blue and I don't recall seeing one team's colours dominate a GF as much as ours did tonight.

Up Up Cronulla !

There will be a hot time in the old Shire tonight, and tomorrow and tomorrow night.

WELL DONE SHARKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back