List Mgmt. Trade Targets 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If were possible and up to me i would go Stanley & Steele.
Stanley is spud personified, he's a classic case of a player looking good because of others players around him and not of himself, hes a very poor mans westhoff and a fringe dweller at best, If geelong want to trade him you have to seriously look at why they want to trade him

if we dont spend the next 3 months relearning how to kick & handpass again then it doesnt matter who we trade in. This year was on par with the 2011-2012 era where you could just guarantee we couldnt string together more than 3 or 4 disposals without either turning it over or putting ourselves under pressure.

if we dont spend the next 3 months relearning how to kick & handpass again then it doesnt matter who we trade in. This year was on par with the 2011-2012 era where you could just guarantee we couldnt string together more than 3 or 4 disposals without either turning it over or putting ourselves under pressure.
:(. Didn't we lead the comp in clangers? A few weeks back I spent quite a while talking to an ex-Port player who said
"you'd be surprised how little time is spent on improving basic skills" Kane Cornes said the same on radio too.

It's hard to believe port don't watch the hawks games and question why they can hit targets and we can't.

:(. Didn't we lead the comp in clangers? A few weeks back I spent quite a while talking to an ex-Port player who said
"you'd be surprised how little time is spent on improving basic skills" Kane Cornes said the same on radio too.
Port's clanger per disposal ratio is 16%. Quite easily the worst in the AFL. Next worst are Brisbane with 15.2%, then Richmond with 13.9%.

The Bulldogs are 11.5%.

Big boy and Kaiden Brand are out of contract for Hawthorn. There is some noise that Big Boy wants to retire and Brand is looking for a trade. There also looks to be little future for tim obrien at Hawthorn.

Lobbe for Obrien and Brand?

To lead the comp in clangers, and reportedly doing little, to nothing to alleviate the problem is extremely worrying. :(

Modern footy is a game of centimetres, and the team that uses the ball better, more often than not gets the chocolates, so you would hope that Kern has got the message, and the honing of skills take top priority this coming preseason.

Big boy and Kaiden Brand are out of contract for Hawthorn. There is some noise that Big Boy wants to retire and Brand is looking for a trade. There also looks to be little future for tim obrien at Hawthorn.

Trading for other teams Dead Wood becomes our Dead Wood, pass.

Not sure why brand would want to come to us. We will be struggling to fit Austin in to our 22 with hombsch Trengove and clurey and I rate them all better than brand. And brand is probably too similiar to Trengove to play them together. At least Austin is a bit more mobile with good kicking skills. So brand would be depth , which is fine to have but I wouldn't be burning tradable assets on depth when we need to address other issues.

I've also seen nothing from Obrien to have him as anything other than a key forward prospect who probably won't make it. Again , not bad to have on our list in case he does or as back up but wouldn't want to burn assets it would take to get him.

Ben McEvoy is 27 and in the starting 18 of a team that could be reasonably expected to challenge for the flag next season.

He's no chance to retire.

Ben McEvoy is 27 and in the starting 18 of a team that could be reasonably expected to challenge for the flag next season.

He's no chance to retire.

Probably the most over rated ruck in the league outside kruezer. On his best day he is lucky to break even against middle of the road rucks. Ceglar has started to over take him at hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why brand would want to come to us. We will be struggling to fit Austin in to our 22 with hombsch Trengove and clurey and I rate them all better than brand. And brand is probably too similiar to Trengove to play them together. At least Austin is a bit more mobile with good kicking skills. So brand would be depth , which is fine to have but I wouldn't be burning tradable assets on depth when we need to address other issues.

You're way off the mark on Brand. He's one of the better young KDP players around. I agree that we have enough of those types but he is a gun in the making.

Port's clanger per disposal ratio is 16%. Quite easily the worst in the AFL. Next worst are Brisbane with 15.2%, then Richmond with 13.9%.

The Bulldogs are 11.5%.

it would be interesting to see what our clanger rate goes to under pressure from the better sides

I dare say 20+%

Why is there such a resistance to getting Vardy? If he was able to play 15-20 games a season he'd be awesome for us. Besides, we don't have the currency to get anything better.

How is he going to play 15-20 games? He has played 25 games in seven years. One game last year. He has played six less games than Butch in the same time. His form was woeful in the VFL this year. Geelong don't want him. His body is shot... like totally shot... time to retire shot.

Black also has a shot at playing more than 4 games for the season.

I think you'll find that Black has been out with injury just as much as Vardy over the past few years.

People were saying the same when we recruited Polec and Dixon, and our medical team seems to have got those two in order.

And for what it's worth, I'd rather have both Vardy and Black than Lobbe.

I think you'll find that Black has been out with injury just as much as Vardy over the past few years.

People were saying the same when we recruited Polec and Dixon, and our medical team seems to have got those two in order.

And for what it's worth, I'd rather have both Vardy and Black than Lobbe.

That's not true. Black has played over 30 VFL games in the past 2 seasons (plus a handful of AFL games last year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back