Foxtel Deals

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to necrobump this thread but it's getting to a stage where i can't afford Foxtel anymore, i'll have to give them a phone and see if i can't get the monthly price bumped down a little, i think i am paying $140 a month for platinum IQ2 package. All i want is sport, doco's and Fox8, i don't give a s**t about Game of Thrones and i'm not a huge movie watcher so i'm paying for channels i don't watch.

Also is there a telstra complaints department? i'm on a 24 month plan but i keep getting calls from them about getting a "free" ipad or other crap services, i ended up putting their number on my auto-reject list. they're ******* annoying.

Sorry to necrobump this thread but it's getting to a stage where i can't afford Foxtel anymore, i'll have to give them a phone and see if i can't get the monthly price bumped down a little, i think i am paying $140 a month for platinum IQ2 package. All i want is sport, doco's and Fox8, i don't give a s**t about Game of Thrones and i'm not a huge movie watcher so i'm paying for channels i don't watch.

Also is there a telstra complaints department? i'm on a 24 month plan but i keep getting calls from them about getting a "free" ipad or other crap services, i ended up putting their number on my auto-reject list. they're ******* annoying.

Pretty sure fox with only the sports package is about $50pm atm.

https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us/feedback-complaints

With a haggle, you could get the platinum package down nearing $100 easy.

Called 2 months ago as my last offer/deal ended and the price jumped.

Told them wifey needs me to cancel (same story as 12 months earlier) and they offered to drop by 25 bucks.

Now 84 per month for standard + sport + doco, drama and entertainment. HD with 2 iQ2 boxes.

They are pretty damn desperate..... But so am I! Port games in Brisbane are never on FTA.

Foxtels streaming service Foxtel Play is launching new prices in December to compete with Netflix.
Base package apparently from $9-$15. Then extra for add ons.
I wonder what the sports pack will cost.

Not really worth it if you don't have Telstra broadband as on Telstra its unmetered.

I get my FOXTEL through Telstra. Looked at the Telstra site and noticed my package at $20 less than what I was paying. I rang Telstra and after some haggling got my deal for $20 less. The proof will be in my next bill though as Telstra have a habit of 'losing' information. I have the enquiry reference number so I will challenge the next bill if it is not adjusted.

Netflix ($12/month) + Stan ($10/month) + AFL live (free on Telstra or $89/year) has negated any need I had for Foxtel. Happy days.
Exactly the same for me.

We got rid of Foxtel about 3 months ago now but that was because i was paying around $110 a month and was hardly ever watching it. We got Netflix and were spending so much more time watching shows there that Foxtel was hardly being used.

I rang to cancel and they threw so many deals at my it made my head spin. They were going to almost give me nearly half price for the same package for 12 months. I spent 45 minutes on the phone and they ended up convincing me to keep the service connected but no channels for 3 months (can still watch stuff i had on the IQ) for free to see if i would change my mind.... i didnt...After another hour convo on the phone 3 months later they tried EVERYTHING to keep me and offered me even more deals. Eventually they gave in and i sent the stuff back.

Havent regretted it since. I now spend $14.95 on Netflix for 4k HD and $80 for 2 years on a VPN and $10 increasing my internet plan so i can download shows that arent on netflix.

Foxtel sucks. Its overpriced and full of ads. We have the most expensive pay tv service in the world

Remove this Banner Ad

Back