List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day fellas, heard your mob are into Dave Armitage, what d'you reckon of that? And what pick(s) would do you think would be fair in such a trade?

Not sure he would be in our age demographic I think he turns 29 next year. But hypothetically he could provide a solid body for us but wouldn't want to cough up a 2Nd rounder which is likely the market value.

G'day fellas, heard your mob are into Dave Armitage, what d'you reckon of that? And what pick(s) would do you think would be fair in such a trade?

Late first / early second is my gut feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rate armitage about par with barlow
Really? I would've thought he'd be worth a fair bit more than Barlow...obviously I have bias towards Armo but would've thought he'd be worth a bit more than him. Assuming you guys get Pick 6 for Prestia should he go to Collingwood, would pick 6 and 21 for Armo and 10 be a fair trade?

oh believe me, i've been keeping an eye on it. although every time i enter it i seem to lose some brain cells, tend to stay away from that one. :p
Been there - from their posters you can fully understand how they ended up with Tambling ,Conca, Lennon, Ellis etc . Surely we will not be taking Richmond players . Pick 6 for Pestia. Richmond could consider 9th as a premiership next year - so maybe we get a first 2017 pick ??

Last edited:
Respect Armitage - and he is a Queenslander. But does he want to come here - heard he is Saints thru and thru.
Would be same to us as a Barlow.....
He bleeds red, white and black but heard whispers that the club could possibly be keen to offload him and that he would be happy to move on as well should a suitable trade be arranged, being a Queenslander and Gold Coast a seemingly good fit I wouldn't be surprised - especially after hearing there's another club that are really keen on one of our players (not sure who) but it's someone that who if traded, would be a 'shock' to many St. Kilda fans

Really? I would've thought he'd be worth a fair bit more than Barlow...obviously I have bias towards Armo but would've thought he'd be worth a bit more than him. Assuming you guys get Pick 6 for Prestia should he go to Collingwood, would pick 6 and 21 for Armo and 10 be a fair trade?

I wouldn't even give up #21 alone for him TBH. Not that he isn't a good player, he had a cracking year in 2015, but we would only trade for him if he said he wanted to come to us in which case I wouldn't give 21 at all, or if we couldn't get a Jong, Barlow, etc. and needed to overpay late in the trade period in which case we might give up #21. Its just too much for us to give up for a 28/29 year old who had a year like Armo had, especially with seemingly so many other options. Last year I would have given up a 1st for him.

I think he would be best sticking at the saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't even give up #21 alone for him TBH. Not that he isn't a good player, he had a cracking year in 2015, but we would only trade for him if he said he wanted to come to us in which case I wouldn't give 21 at all, or if we couldn't get a Jong, Barlow, etc. and needed to overpay late in the trade period in which case we might give up #21. Its just too much for us to give up for a 28/29 year old who had a year like Armo had, especially with seemingly so many other options. Last year I would have given up a 1st for him.

I think he would be best sticking at the saints.
Hmm fair call mate. He's probably a bit overrated by most of us Saints supporters, and I do think he'll stay but if there's one player that the club might trade out to potentially trade up or get into the second round (since we lost our pick 28 this year for Freeman) I think it could be Armitage - to either GCS or Brisbane. But who knows what will happen

Hmm fair call mate. He's probably a bit overrated by most of us Saints supporters, and I do think he'll stay but if there's one player that the club might trade out to potentially trade up or get into the second round (since we lost our pick 28 this year for Freeman) I think it could be Armitage - to either GCS or Brisbane. But who knows what will happen

I love Armo, as I have stated numerous times, probably my favourite non Suns player. However, coming off a rather average year where he seemed to struggle with his body and consistency, I wouldn't want to give up too much for him. If he got himself cherry ripe and we didn't have to pay through the nose for him, I would happily welcome him with open arms.

We will wait and see, but I think he is a Saint through and through, and has been an amazing servant for St Kilda.

He bleeds red, white and black but heard whispers that the club could possibly be keen to offload him and that he would be happy to move on as well should a suitable trade be arranged, being a Queenslander and Gold Coast a seemingly good fit I wouldn't be surprised - especially after hearing there's another club that are really keen on one of our players (not sure who) but it's someone that who if traded, would be a 'shock' to many St. Kilda fans
Not sure Armitage is even on our radar - suggest you let the rest of your club in on your non secret... and leave us alone !

Not sure Armitage is even on our radar - suggest you let the rest of your club in on your non secret... and leave us alone !
Haha settle down mate, came here in peace asking what Suns supporters thought of a potential trade involving Armitage, didn't come here to annoy or make up rumours about anyone - wouldn't have even suggested it had I not heard these rumours from people I trust to be IKT...

I love Armo, as I have stated numerous times, probably my favourite non Suns player. However, coming off a rather average year where he seemed to struggle with his body and consistency, I wouldn't want to give up too much for him. If he got himself cherry ripe and we didn't have to pay through the nose for him, I would happily welcome him with open arms.

We will wait and see, but I think he is a Saint through and through, and has been an amazing servant for St Kilda.
Terrific servant for us no doubt about it, and I love him, I'd be very disappointed to see him go - however if it meant getting a high draft pick for him at his age and where our list is at, maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing for both clubs and player for him to move on. I'd be happy for a first rounder, and I'd be equally happy (if not more) for him to finish his career at the Saints and hopefully lead us back into finals contention!

Terrific servant for us no doubt about it, and I love him, I'd be very disappointed to see him go - however if it meant getting a high draft pick for him at his age and where our list is at, maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing for both clubs and player for him to move on. I'd be happy for a first rounder, and I'd be equally happy (if not more) for him to finish his career at the Saints and hopefully lead us back into finals contention!
You won't get a first rounder or even one of our many second rounders - Armitage is a Saint and will finish with you guys (IMO).

Got a balloon?

The Adelaide Advertiser are reporting that Port ruckman Matthew Lobbe looks set to exit Alberton Oval, and seek a fresh start.

What about 10 and armo for 15 and 21 and trade 3rd rounders?

What about 10 and armo for 15 and 21 and trade 3rd rounders?
Absolutely no chance of that mate, Saints would be losing out massively on that - I get the thought behind it but no way it would happen. That's essentially Armo for pick 21 (which alone wouldn't be enough to get a deal done from St. Kilda's perspective) and then downgrading our pick 10 to 15. I think they'd only consider trading him if it helps us move up in the draft, to somehow get a pick around 4-6. Armo and 10 for 4 and 22 would be more likely, and that is absolutely zero chance of happening either, so it's a tricky situation.

Haha settle down mate, came here in peace asking what Suns supporters thought of a potential trade involving Armitage, didn't come here to annoy or make up rumours about anyone - wouldn't have even suggested it had I not heard these rumours from people I trust to be IKT...

If he was available we would go hard for him, surely.

Rosa was touch overs his trade value last year at pick 31 (iirc) but was happy to come to us so we happily paid overs.
If Armo was OK to come (this cuts out 90% of our trade targets), we would surely pay overs in trade value, especially this year when we need a good mid andwe have picks to trade.

Just turned 28 and just played 150 games. Should expect a good 3 years.
A midfielder who can win his own ball and run all day. A huge gap for us. An effing chasm.
Durable, plays 20+ games every year. Another effing chasm.

Trade value would be the good Armo, not the 2015 elite one or the 2016 OK one.
Good Armo is about 22 touches, 5+ tackles, solid ball use, run all day. Go inside and outside.

A much better player right now than Jong or Barlow. And we need some 'right now'.

Trade value to us of a later 1st imo, somewhere around there.

Last year, Redden to the Eagles was pick 17. I would put Armo in that range. A better player but a fair bit older than Redden.
Henderson to Geelong and Jed Anderson to North also went for later 1sts to clubs that had a need and chased it.

Saint's don't have a 2nd rounder so picks are valuable to them this year.
Pick 21 not enough.
Something like 21 + 40?
This year I would pay that happily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back