Random Random thoughts and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Seconded. Fantastic effort by the whole team - love that we spread the vote around even though it costs the chance of individual glory, but I believe it means the team is functioning more evenly, and a solid baseline for improvement across the whole playing group. Congrats to Cogs and Cal for their leading efforts though, well deserved of recognition. :thumbsu:

Really good to see some of our boys recognised for strong seasons.

Cogs has had a break out year along with Toby (stiff not to get a few more) and Cal is just a legend.

I know its a midfielders award predominantly but by gee I thought Nick Haynes could at least find a few votes. This bloke has been a standout all year after a later start.

I hope our club award recognises his efforts, the guy is a freak. As Ichabod has predicted Cogs looking the goods there.

The thing about NSW sports fans is they are bandwagoning campaigners.

Doesnt matter the code, doesnt matter the club, when you are losing, no one wants to know you and your crowds are s**t.

But win something important, and everyone always loved you.
I've always heard that this is a criticsm of us by those down in Mexico; we're a bunch of fickle, bandwagoners and we'll never compete with Melbourne when it comes to sporting events.

I've only very recently gotten on the "bandwagon" of GWS. Not because they've been winning though - ironically because they lost. My Dad is a foundation member and goes to most games he can get to at Spotless and is a huge fan.

I've been a big fan of the GWS venture - I just haven't had the time to dedicate to the team and sport of AFL in general. For some reason I could never get into the Swans; I don't know why but something about the club I just couldn't get into the vibe. GWS just feels right.

The game on Saturday was the first AFL match I went to. It woud have to be, along with the atmosphere, probably more exciting than any League game I've been to. The fact that we lost has, more than anything, bonded me closer than ever to the club and I will buy a membership for 2017 and get to as many games as I can get to.

A couple of my girlfriends are big GWS fans and have been raving on about how much they love AFL and the boys. As I told them many times I do too support GWS and long to get to a game. Getting a ticket and going along to the Prelim has cemented that feeling more than anything else ever could!

What sucks is now having to wait six months for the footy season to roll on. I guess I can console myself in the fact that I can watch the Swifts get belted shortly, and watch the GWS girls in their inaugural season of the new national Netball competition as my second side.

I've always heard that this is a criticsm of us by those down in Mexico; we're a bunch of fickle, bandwagoners and we'll never compete with Melbourne when it comes to sporting events.

I've only very recently gotten on the "bandwagon" of GWS. Not because they've been winning though - ironically because they lost. My Dad is a foundation member and goes to most games he can get to at Spotless and is a huge fan.

I've been a big fan of the GWS venture - I just haven't had the time to dedicate to the team and sport of AFL in general. For some reason I could never get into the Swans; I don't know why but something about the club I just couldn't get into the vibe. GWS just feels right.

The game on Saturday was the first AFL match I went to. It woud have to be, along with the atmosphere, probably more exciting than any League game I've been to. The fact that we lost has, more than anything, bonded me closer than ever to the club and I will buy a membership for 2017 and get to as many games as I can get to.

A couple of my girlfriends are big GWS fans and have been raving on about how much they love AFL and the boys. As I told them many times I do too support GWS and long to get to a game. Getting a ticket and going along to the Prelim has cemented that feeling more than anything else ever could!

What sucks is now having to wait six months for the footy season to roll on. I guess I can console myself in the fact that I can watch the Swifts get belted shortly, and watch the GWS girls in their inaugural season of the new national Netball competition as my second side.
Don't forget our NWL side playing over Feb-March.

I finally brought myself to watching the replay of the PF after being unable to bring myself to watching it.

Oh my God I dont think a team has ever been stiffer than us losing that game.

The number of goals that came for them from scrapping and flukey no look handballs and kicks and just from bounce of the ball and plain luck was just extraordinary.

I think conservatively we should have won that game by 3 or 4 goals and this is said after all the emotion of the game is over.

To the Bulldogs credit they got every ounce of ability out of all their players on the field and Bontempelli really lifted them over the line.

I cannot speak highly enough of Lachie Whitfield, i would love to know his GPS figures but he was literally everywhere whilst Haynes was super in defence but just made a couple of poor decisions by foot.

We have to offer Rory Lobb whatever he wants to stay. He is just so good and such a strength with his marking that we cant lose him. Fly his family over every month, buy him a country manner in Dural, just DO NOT let him go!!!

I thought Rhys Palmer nearly single handedly cost us the game. He is just not up to it and needs to be moved on. Nathan Wilson whom I normally love was caught napping several times and his defensive work was poor.

I also thought Hopper proved he was not ready for such a game. He really needs to spend the off season working on his agility because he is slower than a wet week and this lack of speed really cost us. He is Group 1 in close by hand however.

So dissppointing to lose a game like that which was really there for the taking but if that doesnt serve as motivation nothing will.

The Dogs are a dirty team and do a lot of really shitty thug play off the ball, i will put some evidence of this up later. They are incredibly well coached and work really hard but I think they will be outclassed by the Swans.

As much as there is some dislike for the Swans I would still rather prevail than these dirty dogs.

Last edited:

Who is that in your avatar?

I finally brought myself to watching the replay of the PF after being unable to bring myself to watching it.

Oh my God I dont think a team has ever been stiffer than us losing that game.

The number of goals that came for them from scrapping and flukey no look handballs and kicks and just from bounce of the ball and plain luck was just extraordinary.

I think conservatively we should have won that game by 4 or 5 goals and this is said after all the emotion of the game is over.

To the Bulldogs credit they got every ounce of ability out of all their players on the field and Bontempelli really lifted them over the line.

I cannot speak highly enough of Lachie Whitfield, i would love to know his GPS figures but he was literally everywhere whilst Haynes was super in defence but just made a couple of poor decisions by foot.

We have to offer Rory Lobb whatever he wants to stay. He is just so good and such a strength with his marking that we cant lose him. Fly his family over every month, buy him a country manner in Dural, just DO NOT let him go!!!

I thought Rhys Palmer nearly single handedly cost us the game. He is just not up to it and needs to be moved on. Nathan Wilson whom I normally love was caught napping several times and his defensive work was poor.

I also thought Hopper proved he was not ready for such a game. He really needs to spend the off season working on his agility because he is slower than a wet week and this lack of speed really cost us. He is Group 1 in close by hand however.

So dissppointing to lose a game like that which was really there for the taking but if that doesnt serve as motivation nothing will.

The Dogs are a dirty team and do a lot of really shitty thug play off the ball, i will put some evidence of this up later. They are incredibly well coached and work really hard but I think they will be outclassed by the Swans.

As much as there is some dislike for the Swans I would still rather prevail than these dirty dogs.
Like your opinions on a couple of our boys, just don't agree with your view that the Giants should have won. At the game thought we were stiff. watching back the doggies were better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like your opinions on a couple of our boys, just don't agree with your view that the Giants should have won. At the game thought we were stiff. watching back the doggies were better

I respect your views a lot. Just really feel it was extraordinary how many times they punished us off loose or chaos ball. Anyway its in the book now so I'll move on . They wont beat us next time!!

Ive been told by a few Swans mates im a bandwagoner.

My reply is i must be the worst one ever. I leaped of the tiges in the nrl when playing finals to join a team being flogged by 100 every 2nd week.

We will never be liked, ever, by the traditionalists. I say soak it up and enjoy we are the new Pies or Manly.

I think you should maybe set up a date with her and Giant Pete (assuming single!). He's a good bloke.
Well, as it happens Mikaela is single at the moment! If Giant Pete can go with her, she may oblige. Problem is she's yet to find a bloke that can...

Ive been told by a few Swans mates im a bandwagoner.

My reply is i must be the worst one ever. I leaped of the tiges in the nrl when playing finals to join a team being flogged by 100 every 2nd week.

We will never be liked, ever, by the traditionalists. I say soak it up and enjoy we are the new Pies or Manly.
Manly... ewwww! LOL!

Look, I know people are supposed to hate Collingwood but I'm still unsure as to why. What has Collingwood done in the past to make everyone hate them?

Before GWS I hardly took notice of AFL. I pretty much started following the year Sydney won the flag and since then it's been Hawthorn. For some reason I really don't like the Hawks. Their colours suck and their players seem like dickheads.

Manly... ewwww! LOL!

Look, I know people are supposed to hate Collingwood but I'm still unsure as to why. What has Collingwood done in the past to make everyone hate them?

Before GWS I hardly took notice of AFL. I pretty much started following the year Sydney won the flag and since then it's been Hawthorn. For some reason I really don't like the Hawks. Their colours suck and their players seem like dickheads.
Haha we arent them persay.

Just the new most hated club. Cant say its a totally bad thing.

My only dislike of the Pies is Eddie McGuire.
And now they are also in netball and pretty much bought the national team its going to probably continue.

Manly... ewwww! LOL!

I think the Collingwood dislike is twofold.

Firstly Eddie McGuire is a Master Flogmaster, the closest think we have to Trump in this country.

Secondly they have rabid supporters who mostly should be incarcerated (or already have).

They are just bogans plain and simple, although after Saturday I'd have to say tge Bulldogs supporters are their equal. Pure scum.

Last edited:
Manly... ewwww! LOL!

LOL
Gotta be careful on our board couple of ex Hawks supporters, including me. I'm happy to see young Giants so I got no problem. Maybe if you'd seen them in the nineties turning out for flogging after flogging because someone had to carry the clubs colours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back